Sneaky move Letbridge AC Dealer

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow"drifter" I hope she never sells you a thing again. We're you a tattle tale as a kid too? If you go back to Michelle's comments in snow west she says she was at doctors and this was a rookie mistake. We'll drifter is saying she ships parts all the time into canada"why not lots of American manufacturers do even though they shouldn't". This should be icing on the cake for this thread. She's busted and now let her face the consequences. There is no need to slander another dealer like precision who are honest business people in our community. It's time for a moderator to step in and pull this thread. There is an honest dealer getting slandered and a dealer in Oregon who is getting in more hot water by her loyal Canadian customers.

Last edited:

Drifter1

Reaction score
Wow"drifter" I hope she never sells you a thing again. We're you a tattle tale as a kid too? If you go back to Michelle's comments in snow west she says she was at doctors and this was a rookie mistake. We'll drifter is saying she ships parts all the time into canada"why not lots of American manufacturers do even though they shouldn't". This should be icing on the cake for this thread. She's busted and now let her face the consequences. There is no need to slander another dealer like precision who are honest business people in our community. It's time for a moderator to step in and pull this thread. There is an honest dealer getting slandered and a dealer in Oregon who is getting in more hot water by her loyal Canadian customers.

Wow way to get your panties in a wad. I get the parts shipped to the border then cross over and pick them up. Not all that hard. Totally legit that way.

DPike

Reaction score
Milton, we all know that she got busted so I think we can put that aside. I am one of those folks, like drifter who orders parts from the USA for the simple reason that it is typically 30% less and I am not ashamed of being one of those Canadians who just doesn't like to get screwed. Have I dealt with OTS, absolutely.

I agree that this thread should be closed but there seems to be one unanswered question that has lingered like a poo ball on a St. Bernard's a$$; did the "honest business people" order the belt from OTS?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are throwing around incorrect legal terms etc and just tossing gas on the fire by continually mentioning both dealers in question, one of whom may or may not be involved. First off - Slander is spoken, Libel is written or printed word, generally requiring publication. You generally can't prove libel/defamation based on opinion, which is all you guys really have here IMO, your personal opinions and experiences with each dealer. This is Canada, where you are innocent until proven guilty remember?

There are 3 sides to every story - your's, mine and the truth.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Several times in this thread the request has been made for the clarification of whether or not Precision is the Alberta dealer in question and if said dealer behaved in an underhanded manner.
So far that hasn't happened, makes me wonder why they aren't trying to defend their good name.
I have dealt with Precision myself and found their service far better than my local dealer but if they have indeed set up OTS for a fall by having them ship into another dealers area (which they do regularly themselves) then I am done with them.
Hopefully the whole story comes out as quick and strong as this version did.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Several times in this thread the request has been made for the clarification of whether or not Precision is the Alberta dealer in question and if said dealer behaved in an underhanded manner.
So far that hasn't happened, makes me wonder why they aren't trying to defend their good name.
I have dealt with Precision myself and found their service far better than my local dealer but if they have indeed set up OTS for a fall by having them ship into another dealers area (which they do regularly themselves) then I am done with them.
Hopefully the whole story comes out as quick and strong as this version did.

previously, in this very thread.....

hi, new guy here. Anyone know for sure it was Lethbridge Cat dealer? I hear differently...

Yes, it was. I Know Michelle Personally, and talked to her about all this yesterday. she was pretty much in tears on the phone. This will turn out to be a bad deal for everyone, she is in serious trouble, and now a a lot of people are pissed and won't be shopping at precision either, at the end of the day they will both loose, all over a belt.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My point is doublep is she lied and her customers busted her. If she thought she wasn't doing nothing wrong then "why lie" the rules are the rules. I'm a business man in LETHBRIDGE and I own property in Montana. 30 mins from skidoo in USA. I still buy my new sled every year and parts accessories from our local dealer in canada. It's a trickle down effect. You don't support them then they close. People lose jobs means less money spent in your area. If you can't afford to spend 30 percent more to help support your neighbour then you shouldn't be in this expensive sport. It's like spending 14000 on a sled but your to cheap to spend 1100 on an avalanche bag. Sorry for Michelle's loss.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure fawking glad to have T&T up in B-town.....willing to pay a little extra to keep them around, but that's due to the customer service, it's all about the service....

You're a total azz kizzer, but we kinda like to keep you around, too :)

Last edited:

SKDeuce

Reaction score
My point is doublep is she lied and her customers busted her. If she thought she wasn't doing nothing wrong then "why lie" the rules are the rules. I'm a business man in LETHBRIDGE and I own property in Montana. 30 mins from skidoo in USA. I still buy my new sled every year and parts accessories from our local dealer in canada. It's a trickle down effect. You don't support them then they close. People lose jobs means less money spent in your area. If you can't afford to spend 30 percent more to help support your neighbour then you shouldn't be in this expensive sport. It's like spending 14000 on a sled but your to cheap to spend 1100 on an avalanche bag. Sorry for Michelle's loss.

Sorry buddy, I was with you right up to this post. Just because I don't want to pay an extra 30 percent for a product doesn't mean I can't afford it. Maybe I don't feel obligated to spend the extra money just because some guy I don't know happens to own a business in the general vicinity of where I live. Customers and sales are earned based on good service at a fair and reasonable price. Those factors are different for everybody which I am sure you understand as a "businessman". I am guessing by your little rant here that you buy everything from small businesses in your community? All your groceries come from farmers markets instead of supermarkets?

I agree that if some agreement was broken then there should be reprimands, that is fair. But for a dealer to set up the competition like this, if it's true, speaks volumes about their character.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is def not isolated to one dealer selling to Canadians. Buddy of mine bought a brand new m8 from Montana last year. And all this bitchin about a belt or some parts?? Maybe equality in pricing is what AC should bring to table. How come sleds are $3000 less down there?? Do they have special parts for our harsh Canadian climate? Lol. I do agree with supporting locals but at what cost? My kids college fund? I already spent that on gas in my boat (which I bought in Oregon). I'm sure this dealer in US has likely been warned numerous times about this.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry buddy, I was with you right up to this post. Just because I don't want to pay an extra 30 percent for a product doesn't mean I can't afford it. Maybe I don't feel obligated to spend the extra money just because some guy I don't know happens to own a business in the general vicinity of where I live. Customers and sales are earned based on good service at a fair and reasonable price. Those factors are different for everybody which I am sure you understand as a "businessman". I am guessing by your little rant here that you buy everything from small businesses in your community? All your groceries come from farmers markets instead of supermarkets?

I agree that if some agreement was broken then there should be reprimands, that is fair. But for a dealer to set up the competition like this, if it's true, speaks volumes about their character.

You write "Customers and sales are earned based on good service at a fair and reasonable price". But I think good service and dealership profit are inter-related....both are necessary to sustain a business. A dealership needs sales, parts & service...all 3 to sustain & grow. Employees in western Canada are probably higher paid than employees in other areas....where do you think that comes from?....sales, part & service but with a higher overhead cost, freight, wages, etc. Its a vicious circle .... we bitch that our dealer does not stock enough parts...we always have to wait while they order them but yet we jump at the opportunity to save a few bucks and cross border shop (yet we don't mind waiting for those parts, lol).
Then the vicious circle starts to evolve....without those parts sales....corners get cut, less stock, less staff, less experienced employees...then the complaints that the dealership doesn't want my business....what do you expect the dealer to do?

So we go elsewhere and save 10%, 20% maybe even 30% ....I understand the reasons...that extra few bucks is money in your pocket....I get it. But how many threads have there been about the little dealer disappearing....how many complaints have been written on this website recently about BRP closing a bunch of small shops forcing many to travel further? What do you think caused this?

I don't think any dealer demands that you shop locally but just be aware that when you don't, it hurts the bottom line....he needs you to sustain his business and he won't make a go of it if he only gets the "I'm in a bind" parts and then you order everything else from across the border....(but yet you don't mind waiting for those part...lol)

You also write that "you don't feel obligated to spend the extra money just because some guy I don't know owns a business in your vicinity"....who's fault is it that you don't know him? Maybe you would get better service if you got to know him, or maybe not...that is your decision. How many good stories and comments get made about Terry at T&T? That didn't happen by accident. Its probably not because Terry has the cheapest prices because he too needs to make a profit to sustain that great service that he provides.....it's a combination of all three....sales, parts, service....he has a good customer base. He is able to keep a good supply of parts because of this. He is able to keep experienced staff because of this.

Like I said, vicious circle.....

Last edited:

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of good debates here. It's great to see how passionate people are about our sport. So just curious now. Where will all you cat guys buy your parts now that Michelle is losing her dealership? After this I'm sure you won't be getting parts shipped from the states now cause of the risk of ac pulling more dealerships. So when you walk into your local dealer with your head down in shame and ask to order parts or buy belts etc I hope he asks you politely to call your local USA dealer to help you with your order.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where will all you cat guys buy your parts now that Michelle is losing her dealership? After this I'm sure you won't be getting parts shipped from the states now cause of the risk of ac pulling more dealerships. So when you walk into your local dealer with your head down in shame and ask to order parts or buy belts etc I hope he asks you politely to call your local USA dealer to help you with your order.

Simply because I got tired of hearing "no, but we can order it" from my local dealer.....Online from Brown's Leisure World, or any number of US dealers that'll ship to a US address for pickup. Certainly not Lethbridge!

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of good debates here. It's great to see how passionate people are about our sport. So just curious now. Where will all you cat guys buy your parts now that Michelle is losing her dealership? After this I'm sure you won't be getting parts shipped from the states now cause of the risk of ac pulling more dealerships. So when you walk into your local dealer with your head down in shame and ask to order parts or buy belts etc I hope he asks you politely to call your local USA dealer to help you with your order.

GreatFalls is not to far away (2.5 hours) to drive down or get it shipped to border at my US address

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ooohhhh that's cruel.....funny, but cruel......lol

SKDeuce

Reaction score
You write "Customers and sales are earned based on good service at a fair and reasonable price". But I think good service and dealership profit are inter-related....both are necessary to sustain a business. A dealership needs sales, parts & service...all 3 to sustain & grow. Employees in western Canada are probably higher paid than employees in other areas....where do you think that comes from?....sales, part & service but with a higher overhead cost, freight, wages, etc. Its a vicious circle .... we bitch that our dealer does not stock enough parts...we always have to wait while they order them but yet we jump at the opportunity to save a few bucks and cross border shop (yet we don't mind waiting for those parts, lol).
Then the vicious circle starts to evolve....without those parts sales....corners get cut, less stock, less staff, less experienced employees...then the complaints that the dealership doesn't want my business....what do you expect the dealer to do?

So we go elsewhere and save 10%, 20% maybe even 30% ....I understand the reasons...that extra few bucks is money in your pocket....I get it. But how many threads have there been about the little dealer disappearing....how many complaints have been written on this website recently about BRP closing a bunch of small shops forcing many to travel further? What do you think caused this?

I don't think any dealer demands that you shop locally but just be aware that when you don't, it hurts the bottom line....he needs you to sustain his business and he won't make a go of it if he only gets the "I'm in a bind" parts and then you order everything else from across the border....(but yet you don't mind waiting for those part...lol)

You also write that "you don't feel obligated to spend the extra money just because some guy I don't know owns a business in your vicinity"....who's fault is it that you don't know him? Maybe you would get better service if you got to know him, or maybe not...that is your decision. How many good stories and comments get made about Terry at T&T? That didn't happen by accident. Its probably not because Terry has the cheapest prices because he too needs to make a profit to sustain that great service that he provides.....it's a combination of all three....sales, parts, service....he has a good customer base. He is able to keep a good supply of parts because of this. He is able to keep experienced staff because of this.

Like I said, vicious circle.....

I agree that if you can have a good local dealer it is worth is weight in gold. I used to have that a local dealer. Bought a couple units there and some accessories and was met with a hello and a chat every time I walked in. Now the dealer has changed hands and that is no longer the case. I go in to take a look or purchase parts or accessories and am met with nothing but indifference. Therefore, I feel the same way about shopping there. Do I still buy everything there? Sure do, but I can certainly see why someone would want to shop around in the same situation.

As for the higher prices, I completely agree that it may be due to to higher overhead and all that, but in the end you have to make the customer want to shop there no matter what your price.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the customer service. Out of all of this Michelle should have told the truth. That was my point initially. It's unfortunate that she is losing her dealer. Let's hope for a better outcome and let's hope this opens up the eyes of all the dealers, both with the rules and customer relations. We don't get demos or parts for free or cheap on either side of the border. We all pay thousands to ride the pow. It's a passion and addiction. These are my last 2 cents. Pray for snow or nobody will be buying parts. Ride safe everyone.

Top Bottom