Sneaky move Letbridge AC Dealer

blindman

Reaction score
pussy ass dealer in ab... crap we have all that oil sand money and we still can't make it....wwwaaaaaaaa

Last edited:

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what's the point of Free Trade if you cannot buy from the US. When the dollar was equal to the US dollar, I didn't see the prices the same as the US. We bought a holiday trailer from the US and I asked the US dealer why the prices higher in Canada when the manufacturing cost is the same and there response was that the Canadian dealer are greedy. Big manufacturer may want to look at there msrp prices and make them equal, so it is worth it to the customer to shop locally.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a joke, if this is true I hope that the guy initiating this has some bad Karma come his way. I buy all my parts and accessories on line and have them sent to a US address, savings are usually over 30% The only time my local dealer will get money from me is when I have no other choice. I would like to support his business but not at the expense of being ripped off just because of the fact that I'm a Canadian!

Its too bad the local dealers get hurt over something that I think is beyond their control. I don't think your local dealer is making any more margin on the items that he sells vs a dealer in the US but yet people will support the US dealer to save a couple hundred bucks a year.....

Its a real tough situation. We tend to get upset with our local dealer when he doesn't have the part we need in stock. We expect them to have the parts in his inventory because we hate waiting for another week for it but how many parts should our local dealer keep on hand if he has to compete with the US dealers? And before you know it, that dealer is closing forcing us to travel further to get the parts we need.
I think you are punishing the wrong guy....I don't think its your local dealer gouging you. They need our support and we need them also. No one wants to travel 200 miles to get a belt or a jug of oil.
Again, I could be wrong but I doubt the local dealer is making greater margins than his US counterpart....

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This post isn't about dealers margins and profits. This is about a dealer lying to OTS and ordering a belt and then reporting it to Arctic cat. If Michelle was in Canada we would still order from her. Its about customer service. Having said that, I can get a belt from the US for $98 less than the local dealer and that includes shipping. Its too bad Arctic cat has a different price for Canada than the US. But there is more to it than price. Crappy service and full retail price or more makes people shop around.

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys. I just received a message on Snowest that all threads there have been pulled. Please do not email or call Arctic Cat. Michelle asked all the threads to be removed. Due to the high volume of responses Arctic Cat is let's just say "not happy". I contacted Michelle and she confirmed the information.

blindman

Reaction score
lmao ac bullys people... now you too

that is why there are no dealers left in my area.... which has about 3.5 million people less than 1.5 hours from riding. genius ac...genius

look it up seattle AC DEALERS. the only few still buying ac here are because of ot..

if the pussy ass dealer with all the oil sands money up there cannot compete with a dealer in a depressed old timber community.....when they sure were happy to take the american coin in the day when the exchange rate was waaay the other way...then...they have a bad buisness plan.

pretty weak.

in my opinion

michelle do not back down. let ac go you will be better off.

i like many others will support you!!!!!!

Chris

Last edited:

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This post isn't about dealers margins and profits. This is about a dealer lying to OTS and ordering a belt and then reporting it to Arctic cat. If Michelle was in Canada we would still order from her. Its about customer service. Having said that, I can get a belt from the US for $98 less than the local dealer and that includes shipping. Its too bad Arctic cat has a different price for Canada than the US. But there is more to it than price. Crappy service and full retail price or more makes people shop around.
It's not just Arctic Cat but all the manufacturers. Cost in Canada is a lot more than just the exchange rate for sure. I don't pretend to know the costs that manufacturers charge Canadian dealers vs what they charge US dealers but if they do charge more over and above the exchange rate the dealers should be howling big time to the government about unfair business practices. Free trade my *ss!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys. I just received a message on Snowest that all threads there have been pulled. Please do not email or call Arctic Cat. Michelle asked all the threads to be removed. Due to the high volume of responses Arctic Cat is let's just say "not happy". I contacted Michelle and she confirmed the information.
hahaha.....Christopher sent PM's to get everyone to check out that thread. guess AC must have got a few emails and phone calls

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its too bad the local dealers get hurt over something that I think is beyond their control. I don't think your local dealer is making any more margin on the items that he sells vs a dealer in the US but yet people will support the US dealer to save a couple hundred bucks a year.....

Its a real tough situation. We tend to get upset with our local dealer when he doesn't have the part we need in stock. We expect them to have the parts in his inventory because we hate waiting for another week for it but how many parts should our local dealer keep on hand if he has to compete with the US dealers? And before you know it, that dealer is closing forcing us to travel further to get the parts we need.
I think you are punishing the wrong guy....I don't think its your local dealer gouging you. They need our support and we need them also. No one wants to travel 200 miles to get a belt or a jug of oil.
Again, I could be wrong but I doubt the local dealer is making greater margins than his US counterpart....

Your probably right, the prices are out of the dealers control, but it's my money and if the manufacturers are making his business un-sustainable so be it. I have saved much more than a couple hundred bucks on parts and accessories over the years and don't feel that my local dealer has any kind of loyalty to me. As far as traveling to get parts, if you know what you need, you don't have to get off your couch until the parcel arrives at the post office! I wish that we were treated equally to our friends in the USA but even our own Canadian companies rip us off by selling for less down south.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your probably right, the prices are out of the dealers control, but it's my money and if the manufacturers are making his business un-sustainable so be it. I have saved much more than a couple hundred bucks on parts and accessories over the years and don't feel that my local dealer has any kind of loyalty to me. As far as traveling to get parts, if you know what you need, you don't have to get off your couch until the parcel arrives at the post office! I wish that we were treated equally to our friends in the USA but even our own Canadian companies rip us off by selling for less down south.

Yup, it's an unfair system.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
. Its too bad Arctic cat has a different price for Canada than the US. But there is more to it than price. Crappy service and full retail price or more makes people shop around.

The problem is way beyond just Arctic Cat. Have you ever seen a price of a Canadian made Ski-Doo in the US vs that same sled in Canada?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure fawking glad to have T&T up in B-town.....willing to pay a little extra to keep them around, but that's due to the customer service, it's all about the service....

Exactly my point Bogger....there are lot's of great dealers around the area, maybe not as great as Terry's but if we punish them by buying our parts south of the border and just use them when we're in a bind....how long will guys like T&T Terry be around......and others

Last edited:

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha.....Christopher sent PM's to get everyone to check out that thread. guess AC must have got a few emails and phone calls

Yes it did. AC is now threatening with harassment due to the call/email volumes.

I got to know Michelle through OVS when I had my propane turbo built. Her and her Dad run an awesome little small town shop just like the "great" dealers up here do. They defiantly aren't out to screw anyone over just trying to make people happy.

Right wrong or otherwise I hope everything works out for them.

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly my point Bogger....there are lot's of great dealers around the area, maybe not as great as Terry's but if we punish them by buying our parts south of the border and just use them when we're in a bind....how long will guys like Terry be around......and others

I agree, the great dealers need the support. I wish I had one near me. But when you find one it is pretty sweet when you can shoot a guy a Text and your parts are on the bus in the am. Or they pull parts off their sled so you can go ride. There are a few of those around I just wish a few more dealers would figure it out.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not just Arctic Cat but all the manufacturers. Cost in Canada is a lot more than just the exchange rate for sure. I don't pretend to know the costs that manufacturers charge Canadian dealers vs what they charge US dealers but if they do charge more over and above the exchange rate the dealers should be howling big time to the government about unfair business practices. Free trade my *ss!

I agree. If it would cost us canucks the same as it costs the Americans (not just sleds and parts but also cars, truck, boats, trailers) and including the exchange rate, this wouldnt even be an issue. Why do we have to pay more for everything? Now if this was caused by a dealership then that is pretty dirty.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

DPike

Reaction score
Would Artic cat really do this over one infraction? Or has there been more. I'm a ski Doo rider but buy most of my riding gear from precision(klim motor fist etc). Outstanding service Trish provides. I will gladly visit precision tomorrow to find out what this is about and give them a heads up before it escalades into more without hearing their side. Will post my results tomorrow.

Any results to share from your visit? Do believe it is quite important to have input from the other side...

Top Bottom