SLP Performance Package below 4000'???

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone use their M8 with the SLP performance package (4000' and up) at 1000' feet or so? The parents are up from NB and want to go for a quick little trail ride (I hate trail riding) but I have never used the M8 at low elevation and was told that if I do, to use a lot of race fuel.

Any help would be appreciated

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good question, I am looking into getting one of these kits. Hopefully someone chimes in, I am sure the race fuel thing won't hurt.:d

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good question, I am looking into getting one of these kits. Hopefully someone chimes in, I am sure the race fuel thing won't hurt.:d

haha no im sure race fuel won't hurt, but tracking it down up here is an issue right now so I may have to resort to avgas today...

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been running mine with 91 octane an a few ounces of octane boost , just make sure when you go to the pumps you disp all the low octane out of the hose an pump before you put it in the sled , change your weight also if you can , run my 2010 M8 HCR on 91 all the time in boyle @ 2100' sure you'll be aright. good luck do you have scratches on you sled might be good for the trail to ( afd has fuel trucks going to the mac all the time get a bbl of high octane shiped up thier

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had it out today...filled up with 91 and a thing of octane booster...sled worked really well and easily out pulled my nytro (hah). It was my first time using this setup and now I can't wait to try it in the mountains. The octane light did come on once so if I use it down here again I think ill be using either avgas or mixing some vp in with it.

killerrf

Reaction score
had it out today...filled up with 91 and a thing of octane booster...sled worked really well and easily out pulled my nytro (hah). It was my first time using this setup and now I can't wait to try it in the mountains. The octane light did come on once so if I use it down here again I think ill be using either avgas or mixing some vp in with it.

what kind of booster?

Top Bottom