Sledding boots!!! Help need opinions!

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in desperate need of a new pair of boots ASAP as I have been wearing boarding boots for my previous seasons... My current ones are about ready to be tossed...

I've been looking into a couple different brands and I'm hoping to get some feedback...

I've heard some really good things about HMK, however they are pretty pricey... But is the quality worth spending the bucks on?!? Are they warm etc??

Klim is also another brand I'm considering, I know they make good quality boots, but how long do they last? I've heard some stories that they're good while they last but they don't last LONG... Is this true??

FXR is another brand I've looked into... I know they are pretty cheap... Does that make the quality cheap too??

Any other brands out there you recommend?? I need warm, easy to maneuver in, and removable inserts. As light as possible would be nice too!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
This will be my first year riding in non "sorel" style winter boots.

Get out to the dealers try some one see what's comfortable to you, comfort and warmth are key, if they are not comfortable you aren't going to like them.

I bought my boots out at Elk Island Polaris at their open house. They are Alti somethings, and I got them for 50% off retail, otherwise I'd probably still be riding in my big sorels.

I did try the HMK Pro Boa's on last year (with the ratchet knob thing) they are quite comfortable too, and HMK stands behind their gear. I'm sure ASE has some in stock again this year.

Last edited:

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no matter what brand you buy, narrow tread profile will help you stay on the rail, and high sides will keep snow out. I wear kamik. look dufuss and work great

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I bought Klim last year from Glenn in Mcbride but haven't worn them enough to give a review either way.

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know comfort is a huge factor... But I also need something warm. I have a huge problem keeping my feet warm, and I know narrow boots for me seem to cut off my circulation and my toes always end up being super cold.

Any opinions on the ratchet things?? I've always had lace up

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I know comfort is a huge factor... But I also need something warm. I have a huge problem keeping my feet warm, and I know narrow boots for me seem to cut off my circulation and my toes always end up being super cold.

Any opinions on the ratchet things?? I've always had lace up

those who have them seem to love them, I can see where the appeal is for them, lacing up could be a pain in the ass.

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those who have them seem to love them, I can see where the appeal is for them, lacing up could be a pain in the ass.

But do they stay tight? The inserts on my boarding boots have ratchet type things and they always seem to loosen up... The boot itself is a lace up but it's quite annoying having to untie my boot to tighten the ratchet...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
But do they stay tight? The inserts on my boarding boots have ratchet type things and they always seem to loosen up... The boot itself is a lace up but it's quite annoying having to untie my boot to tighten the ratchet...

as far as I know yes, call Tyler @ ASE he has them :)

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Der der der

Attachments

• th_cartman_retard.jpg
    th_cartman_retard.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 141

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used the Klim Adrenalines for the last 3 yrs, and my feet have been dry and warm. They are really nice boots, but the sole is pretty much used up from kicking the ice off of the running boards. I bought a set of the new Motorfist Stomper's at the sled show, they are a much more comfortable boot, with a replaceable sole. I sure hope that they keep my feet as warm as the Klim boots did.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HMK boots (and gear in general) is/are garbage. Last time I'll buy anything from them. Boots didn't make it a whole season without leaking and getting soaked and my jacket and pants are far from waterproof as they said. Bought Motorfist boots this season and after one ride they seem pretty decent. No more wet feet!

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Tell fawkin Mother nature to quit screwin around then!!!Need some snow around here!Don't think I'll get to the hills b4 boxing day.

I have, I've personally emailed her requesting 30cm overnight tonight so at least you can play before you go get drunk in the sand!

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear HMK Pro Boa's. Love the ratchets, they stay snug all day long. Boots themselves are a little stiff just like a snow board boot. Only issue I had was the side dial got caught and broke off on the running board. Called up Boa and they showed me the way to a link on the website. Filled out what style I needed and they sent me 2 complete kits no charge. Excellent service.

Top Bottom