Sledding boots!!! Help need opinions!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also wondering on boots..... Ive noticed that Klim's are a straight 90 degree boot, the neck is 90 degrees to the foot, where some others have the wearer angled foreward, forcing you to have your knees bent ALL THE TIME!!!! Is there a good and bad with this??? Tried Klims compared to the ones that are angled forward, klims are more comfortable... Flat ground with boots angled forward dig into your calves when you try to stand straight up..... Anyone else have any advice on this???

jsquared

Reaction score
I have the fxr boots Its lIke tyIng two bags of water to your feet and stuffIng them Into paIls,but wIth that saId there very warm and the soles hold up very well.tryIng the motor fIst stompers thIs year puttIng them to the test on thursday hopefully they hold up.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wear the klim adrenalines for 3 years now and very happy with their warmth and dryness. will get another year out of them for sure.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had HMKs for the past several seasons and they are warm, but your feet will be wet from sweat but still warm. Granted that was an old pair of Highmark Pros, I picked up a pair of "The Team" this year at the sled show and HMK has gone to a Goretex like material. They also have a vibram outer sole and thats what really sold me, really tough sole that looks like it'll handle running boards great. I've yet to go riding with them so we'll see how they feel after they break in a bit.

I tried a pair of Klim's HMK lookalikes and they sucked IMO. Poor fit, hard to get in and out of, started falling apart with only a couple of rides on them and towards the end of the day my feet would always get cold.

What kind of socks do you wear when you ride? A good sock (IE not cotton) makes all the difference between warm feet and cold feet.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But do they stay tight? The inserts on my boarding boots have ratchet type things and they always seem to loosen up... The boot itself is a lace up but it's quite annoying having to untie my boot to tighten the ratchet...

I've got pro boa highmarks. They are all day walking comfortable (Inkow cause when I first got them, I walked around in them all day to mold the liner). They take seconds to put on or remove. The liner comes out for drying...but that's not necessary cause they're the first boot that's kept my feet dry. Not only do they stay tight, but you can adjust the tension as you ride with a simple click. Oh, and I got them 50% off. :beer:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dunlops!

womens-dunlop-purofort-steel-toed-rubber-boots_5263568.jpg

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Morrow Boa snowboard boots in Spruce Grove for 175. They have the pull string for the inner liner and the ratchet for the outer. Tried them in 5 feet of snow on the weekend and they worked very well. My feet were absolutely dry at the end of the day and did not hurt at all. They are very light and warm. Should have tried them years ago. I also wore a pair of "Heat" socks from Marks Work Wearhouse for 10 bucks and liked them,also.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have fxr octane boots. Warm and good support. The toes on tip material cracked. Called fxr. They sent me a new set for free. Didn't even want the old boots or even a pic to prove I had them. Now have 2 sets of boots

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have klim and love them. Buddy was standing in a creek with his klim boots and kept his feet dry!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in desperate need of a new pair of boots ASAP as I have been wearing boarding boots for my previous seasons... My current ones are about ready to be tossed...

I've been looking into a couple different brands and I'm hoping to get some feedback...

I've heard some really good things about HMK, however they are pretty pricey... But is the quality worth spending the bucks on?!? Are they warm etc??

Klim is also another brand I'm considering, I know they make good quality boots, but how long do they last? I've heard some stories that they're good while they last but they don't last LONG... Is this true??

FXR is another brand I've looked into... I know they are pretty cheap... Does that make the quality cheap too??

Any other brands out there you recommend?? I need warm, easy to maneuver in, and removable inserts. As light as possible would be nice too!

what size you wear. I have a pair of HMK Himark4 that I am willing to part with. They are size 9 US or 8 UK or 42 EU. reason I am Giving them away is because when I bought them they were snug and when I pulled out the liner to dry them I put the line on the electric baseboard heater and shrunk them a bit. Now they are too tight for me so I replaced them with a size larger. I only used them one season. If you are interested in a freebie PM me and we can make arrangements to get them to you.

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what size you wear. I have a pair of HMK Himark4 that I am willing to part with. They are size 9 US or 8 UK or 42 EU. reason I am Giving them away is because when I bought them they were snug and when I pulled out the liner to dry them I put the line on the electric baseboard heater and shrunk them a bit. Now they are too tight for me so I replaced them with a size larger. I only used them one season. If you are interested in a freebie PM me and we can make arrangements to get them to you.

Are they mens or womens though?? I'm looking for ladies size 8 / 9....

Also, regarding socks... I've tried them all... I wear a pair of coolmax all-terrain bootsock ones from Jobsite Workwear. They seem to work pretty good... Any other suggestions??

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I wear these, great boots I uses them everyday for the past 4 years, but this year I'm trying the motorfist boots.

I go the similar route with Baffin. None steel toe of course. The moisture tends to build as the day goes on the wall of the boot and not the foot. They dry quick and easy when you pull the liner to. Besides, I can write these off through my company :)

Attachments

• Baffin.jpg
    Baffin.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 73

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Also, regarding socks... I've tried them all... I wear a pair of coolmax all-terrain bootsock ones from Jobsite Workwear. They seem to work pretty good... Any other suggestions??

With me my feet need to breath. I have found that a thin pair of socks with a wool pair over top works the best for me. My wife usually pics these up at the Farmers Market. Home made socks are the way to go IMO. They stand up to the washing machine lot better also :)

:twocents:

P.S. Maybe Malibumamma can start making socks with matching toques :cool:

Last edited:

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim Irriduim GTX's. Dry and Warm with twice the ankle support of the others i tried. If you have one inch of sole on your running boards you can stand on the toe with out it flexing the ankle at all. They fit more like a board boot but are tough enough for the running boards on a sled. They have removable liners also.

Only down side is if you have large feet they may not fit in the footwell on your sled. I wear a mens 7 so it was no issue for me but a buddy (size 12 )tried them at martins and could not get them into an xp foot well.

TB

Top Bottom