Sled deck size?

bourgon

Reaction score
I am looking at getting sled deck and not sure what size to get?
I have a dodge short box 1 ton I think the box Is 6'8" the deck I am looking at comes in 6'7" or 7' I will get the deck ext for it cuz we ride 162 min! I think I like the idea of the 6'7" one better any down sides? Thanks

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
do a quick search on the site, Tons of deck threads..

I run a 7ft cross trax with two foot extension

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
I run a dodge 3500 crew cab short box and have the truck boss deck by far the best deck on the market hands down and I've had a few. You can get a fold out extension for it pretty slick then you don't have the cheesy over hang when not in use. Price wise "expensive" but worth it

Rodzilla

Reaction score
Why not an 8ft? They are the best for long sleds extensions are a pain in the ass. Only downside is remembering not to smack your head on it

Yep,,,I've got an 8' on my Dodge 3500 Shortbox, definitely watch your head. But no messing around for loading long track.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering........ If your parked in a public parking lot and someone walks into the corner of your deck causing serious bodily injury can they sue you?

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so no different walking into a sign then being able to sue the city. Would be kind of a fun court battle thou, knowing the guy with the lump on his head is completely retarded.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a short box mega cab. My deck is an X Deck with the flip up extension. I like it cuz it's plenty long for supporting my 163 and my buddies 174. Yet is a simple flip up and it's outta the way when u don't need it. With it flipped up it is not much longer than the box.

Sammy

Reaction score
I run a short box mega cab. My deck is an X Deck with the flip up extension. I like it cuz it's plenty long for supporting my 163 and my buddies 174. Yet is a simple flip up and it's outta the way when u don't need it. With it flipped up it is not much longer than the box.

This is what i have and is great solution to those of us with a short box truck, extension simply flips up out of the way. Not a pain in the ass at all, also allows me to park my truck in the garage when not loaded.

firehawker

Reaction score
Just don't be like summit tree and drive around with goggles hanging from your rear view while wearing white framed glasses!!!!! And mirrors flipped out 😆

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so no different walking into a sign then being able to sue the city. Would be kind of a fun court battle thou, knowing the guy with the lump on his head is completely retarded.

LOL you don't know anyone who has been to court! :) All it does is cost everyone money, nobody wins in court, except the lawyers. If someone walks into your deck, and they want to sue you...ask them if they would sue a tree if they walked into it too.... then feel free to tell them you are counter claiming vandalism and/or damages. Probably won't go very far.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A deck that is longer than the truck box is a pain in the ass. Always ducking and getting filthy to move anything in and out of the box.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with what most peeps are saying on here. I have a 7ft TruckBoss with the old type extension that doesn't flip. It's sticks out about a ft from the bumper. That fawker almost put me to sleep in the driveway once. Worse yet is how bad I felt when the wife did the same thing about a month later. If you buy a deck get the flip extension! Might save you a cold nap on your driveway.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
do a quick search on the site, Tons of deck threads..

I run a 7ft cross trax with two foot extension
I've got the exact same deck.

Why not an 8ft? They are the best for long sleds extensions are a pain in the ass. Only downside is remembering not to smack your head on it
I use mine for hauling quads in the summer time and couldn't pull a holiday trailer with an 8footer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom