Sled Deck Door

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was curious if anyone that has a sled deck do u have a door at the front of the deck through the floor...Debating if I should make one or just leave it,dunno how much I will use the door but is a good option to have incase if I wanna use it later on...If u do have the door do u really use it alot?Thanks

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A rolling bed works great. Problem with a door is if your hauling one sled in the middle of the deck, where do you srcew in your tie down bar?

Ms. Swimmer

Reaction score
We don't have the door we got this extendable shepherd's hook kind of thing at Princess Auto. It work's like a charm!! We keep our deck on our truck 365 it is actually bolted into the bed.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would use the super clamp bolt to hold the door shut plus when the single sled is up there that's what will be holding the sled down along with a ratchet strap...and if I need to get in the sled will be off so I unscrew the bolt open the door grab stuff, bolt back in,drive sled up,secure and go...

Also looking at maybe putting a smaller slip tank around 20-25 gallons so that's another reason I'm looking at the door...Thanks

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the plywood stripped off of my deck right now and getting it rock guarded this summer.I have been trying to figure out what to do with my filler neck on my 160 litre slip tank as right now it's off to the side. My old plywood I just notched out a piece big enough for the nozzle to go through and into the filler and all I had to do was pull the side extension out to get at it. This was a PIA at times like when I had an ATV on the deck or when the extension was frozen between the sheets of plywood.I was thinking of just moving the filler to the middle of the tank near the front and then putting a small door in front of where the super clamp is this way hopefully even with two sleds on I can still get it open. Ideally, I should just hack the box side out and have another fuel door put in just to fill the slip tank and problem solved!!As far as getting stuff out from underneath, the hockey stick has always worked fine!

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I have the plywood stripped off of my deck right now and getting it rock guarded this summer.I have been trying to figure out what to do with my filler neck on my 160 litre slip tank as right now it's off to the side. My old plywood I just notched out a piece big enough for the nozzle to go through and into the filler and all I had to do was pull the side extension out to get at it. This was a PIA at times like when I had an ATV on the deck or when the extension was frozen between the sheets of plywood.I was thinking of just moving the filler to the middle of the tank near the front and then putting a small door in front of where the super clamp is this way hopefully even with two sleds on I can still get it open. Ideally, I should just hack the box side out and have another fuel door put in just to fill the slip tank and problem solved!!As far as getting stuff out from underneath, the hockey stick has always worked fine!

putter,just sayin

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would the ramp be in the way of accessing the box through a hatch? (i don't know how far forward they go).

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340624535.589988.jpg got tired of crawling under my deck to get at stuff up front and cut theses into it. Also makes it easy to get at the turn buckles up front when you need to adjust or to take the deck off. Cross member on my ramp are 12" apart so you can get through with the ramp in or I just pull the ramp out a bit if I'm going into the front

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 132406got tired of crawling under my deck to get at stuff up front and cut theses into it. Also makes it easy to get at the turn buckles up front when you need to adjust or to take the deck off. Cross member on my ramp are 12" apart so you can get through with the ramp in or I just pull the ramp out a bit if I'm going into the front
This thread is just dying for some hobbit joke but I can't come up with anything worthy. Sorry.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a front hole and the only time I use it is too tie down deck. The ramp needs too come out when I use it. It is off center. Have a latch on it so when your doing a 140 it doesn't flap in the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
mine has a locking latch just didnt have it on yet in that pic, i like having the door just for when things may slide foreward, i also keep my booster cables up front and other things i dont really need very often

Top Bottom