Ski-doo Etech feed back?

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to invest in a new sled, I'm sorta looking at a Etec, but I have 1 concern, they use less oil, but they have more power, and I can't imagine that's good for the engine... Or am I missing something? Has anyone ever had an issue with their engine?Some feed back would be greatly appreciated

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no real engine issues so far,,, with electronic control you can fine tune how much oil and still be safe,, thus creating optimum performance with air/fuel/oil mixtures,, during break in period I think it dumps almost double the oil it will after break in...

I had an 08 xp love my 2012 etec but only have 200kms so cant really say,, but I only heard of 1 etec blowing up last year as opposed to several blowing up in 07 when the 800r came out and 100's of belts on the 08's

I would say the 2012 stock doo is a great sled ready for the hills,, the track is also the best on the market period,, it rips out of the box

most peeps are pleased for sure

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't own one, but ride with a few that do, and they love em. Seems like a very good sled out of the box, I've ridden a few and was quite impressed. I would consider one if I was in the market for a new ride...

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm loving my '11 Etec, got 400K on it so far, only one I have heard about blowing up was a turbo'd etec. It could use more power but I am more than happy to keep it stock. I also like that when I go riding with my friends I use half as much fuel and oil as they do, so thats another plus.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't have a ton of miles on mine yet but so far love it, better than my 09

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly there is no better sled out of the box. come to valemount and you are welcome to take mine for a rip any weekend.

bought mine from Martin Motorsports and the fuggin thing just rips and the 2012 is much more impressive than my last years 11

pic is today from Allen

Attachments

• P1016136.jpg
    P1016136.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 340

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome, which dealers have good prices on the Etec in the Edmonton area?

Last edited:

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pull strong, good mileage, one in our group has 2400km and not an issue that hasn't been rider abuse with it yet and has had a specialty sleds can on it for the last 600km, the top end is being rebuilt as the recall requests by doo but it hasn't had any issues it's more of a preventative thing

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a couple Etecs and they are friggin awesome machines. I like my cat but would seriously consider buying one. I think the narrow ski stance makes a huge difference over the older xp's as well as the track.

kbweed

Reaction score
got a 2011 800 etec summit 154 and love it, 700km on it so far and not an issue. was hard on gas and oil while breaking in but now is excellent. good power, the narrow width is great in the trees

sledneck97

Reaction score
Purchased a leftover 2011 800 e tec 154 I absolutely love this machine it flatout rips! I have 170 miles on it so far. Taking it to revy in a few weeks and can't wait!!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a 2011 800 etec summit 154 and love it, 700km on it so far and not an issue. was hard on gas and oil while breaking in but now is excellent. good power, the narrow width is great in the trees

Yup as mentioned contact Trent (Tteam) here on the forum. He works for Martin Motorsports. Not only a great dealer, but an awesome supporter sledding in general !

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy has over 2500km on his and loves it. he says its the best sled he's ever owned.

Top Bottom