Simmons Flexi

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had simmons ski on their sled then never want to ride on them again? What was the problem you had with them ? Make of sled doesnt really matter, just what really stood out to you.

Originals , not gen2 & 3

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had simmons ski on their sled then never want to ride on them again? What was the problem you had with them ? Make of sled doesnt really matter, just what really stood out to you.

Originals , not gen2 & 3

I tried them on a rmk 800 and they felt kinda wierd to me. but it was a good wierd. im throwing some on my summit.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Originals , not gen2 & 3

I love mine!!! They are great for the trails and absorb a lot of the shocks. I don't get into much heavy powder but they do great in the shallower stuff. See my post above on Quick clamps.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had them on an S Chassis and didn't care for them, I actually preferred the offset mountians which aren't really that good. It made the sled more of a tank to roll around than it already is. I think I might try the SLP this time. I put the Simmons on my old Mach Z LT and like them on it though.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hated them, make a sled very heavy to steer. SLP powder pros are a way lighter ski to turn and have just as much floatation in the powder.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hated them, make a sled very heavy to steer. SLP powder pros are a way lighter ski to turn and have just as much floatation in the powder.

simmons skis were cool in the 90s.... but so was mc hammer theres way better stuff nowadays

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like mine but all i had to compare them to was the junk stock ski's. They are a work out in the spring time but you can turn on a dime if need be.

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine with a set of powderhaunds! If your into mountian riding I'd stay away from them, they are good trail skis. thats my opinion.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with the very good ski on the hardpack but I wouldnt buy another set unless it was for my wife as she likes the trails.They dont have the floatation you get from the powderhounds,best ski on the market IMO!
catmando!

SSABMUD

Reaction score
I had them on four sleds now, the last one being my XP with a 174 last year. Loved these awesome skis on all sleds except the XP. Very hard to steer the sled but I did have alot of weight on the front in order to keep the front end down and prevent trenching. I may try them on my new RMK but only after trying the skis it comes with. They look good other than they will hold alot of ice. If they suck, then it will be the Simmons skis going on.

dbh101

Reaction score
I've had them on a 800 Rmk 144 and a 800 summit 151 and loved them on both,the only downside is the carbides are not cheap to replace.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the very good ski on the hardpack but I wouldnt buy another set unless it was for my wife as she likes the trails.They dont have the floatation you get from the powderhounds,best ski on the market IMO!
catmando!

Your married??? Wow!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're OK on my M7, great on the old 670 Summit, but downright dangerous on my M1000. Switched to Powder Pros on that one. How's that for varied experience?

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're OK on my M7, great on the old 670 Summit, but downright dangerous on my M1000. Switched to Powder Pros on that one. How's that for varied experience?

That is what i need.

I have an M8 and it is a pain in the a$$ to roll the sled over. It is going to get one more kick with the shocks very soft and the limit strap out. If it is not better they will be for sale

Top Bottom