Side by Side vs. Quad

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although I own a Can Am commander, if you want to seat 3 people, your best bet would probably be a ranger or any SxS with a straight bench accross, unless you want to go to a 4 seater, which do have an extended turning radius, more desirable for open trails, then again you could modify your ride as finndoo did, as for the our sxs , no regrets here yet , awesome ride and a blast

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year I bought a SxS after owning quads for 20 years. For two people SxS is much much safer, period... Myself on the quad I don't have issues controlling but add a passenger and now you need to rely on them to lean and makes it harder for me to control the quad in rough terrain.

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
If I were personally spending that much of my hard earned money it better be new and come with warranty

I ride a quad. something I can winch and manhandle when I get stuck

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I were personally spending that much of my hard earned money it better be new and come with warranty

I ride a quad. something I can winch and manhandle when I get stuck

it is a lot easier on a SxS! you just get a bigger winch, no need to manhandle. sometimes a longer cable to a solid winch point may be required though!!!!!

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it. I have created another post to help me decide between a 2013 Cam-Am Maverick 1000R XRS from a local dealer (16,800), a 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000 from Bass Pro (15, 500) and a Polaris RZR 1000 if I can find one in my price range. Please feel free to give your opinions on this machines as well...

I think the SxS will work best for us at this point as my wife has no desire to drive and is happy being a passenger. I addition, I am not yet ready to put my 5 yr old on his own quad. I have a 14 foot enclosed utility I can haul it in and can always buy a deck if I want to take it in my truck....which we both agreed we would likely not be going on overnight trips as we also have lake property just outside of Edmonton where we spend most of our time.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2013 Can Am Maverick XRS 1000R on Kijiji 2013 Can Am Maverick XRS 1000R | ATVs | Edmonton | Kijiji

Remember it's a asking price and you need to go with money in hand to get folks to deal.
These SXS are very pricey to build up.
Seems like everything runs in 800-1000 dollar prices .
IMO this one is fair price at asking for options he has and Kms

Last edited:

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
2013 Can Am Maverick XRS 1000R on Kijiji 2013 Can Am Maverick XRS 1000R | ATVs | Edmonton | Kijiji

Remember it's a asking price and you need to go with money in hand to get folks to deal.
These SXS are very pricey to build up.
Seems like everything runs in 800-1000 dollar prices .
IMO this one is fair price at asking for options he has and Kms

Thanks......but you are supposed to make my decision easier!!! :)

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks......but you are supposed to make my decision easier!!! :)

I am new to the golf cart world . Lol
Have had and still have quad but sold my avenger Argo last year and took be awhile to find a good used one with options for a price as was willing to pay .
I bought same one that is in add with way more options and less Kms for less in Calgary but had to make trip .
I am a BRP guy so the others you listed could be nice machines but not for me.

Top Bottom