Show some friggen respect!

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Showing a little respect for other's has become a lost art.I'm almost 70 and see it all the time.Young man your beliefs are great KEEP IT UP Maybe some of what your showing will rub off on others. :beer::beer::beer:

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on ya Joey. I'm sure that Gentleman sincerely appreciates every bit of assistance you give him. You make a huge difference in his day for sure. Karma will reward you! :wtg:

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that what you get today. Little inconsiderate chits thinking there cool and tough. The was a study done with small buisness owners and over 60% of them said they would prefer to hire a senior over a teenager.

I can say that this does not apply for me. I have a job, and try my best everyday and do anything possible to make my boss happy. My boss's husband is battling cancer currently, and I know that its taking its toll on her so last week I worked a quick 2 hour shift and didnt mark it down. And when shes at the cross cancer and it snows, without her even asking im at the school shoveling walks and i also shovel her walks to.

Further proving my yours and my point. We have 6 people on staff. Theres 3 of us including me that carry the main load and work hard every shift, the other 3 doddle around, sit and talk, and generaly do chit all. Us 3 do more work and are done shift on average 30 - 45 minutes before those other 3. one there lazy, two there incompetent, three they take longer to do stuff to get more money. One day when my boss was gone and one of the shmucks was incharge, she sat on her fat lazy ass for an hour and did nothing claiming she had nothing to do. TOld my boss the next day and it turns out she didnt do even half the stuff she was told to do. In lamest terms my boss was PISSED

The worlds going to hell in a hand-basket and personally I blame all this technology. A 10 year-old DOES NOT need a F***ING BLACKBERRY!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on ya Joey. I'm sure that Gentleman sincerely appreciates every bit of assistance you give him. You make a huge difference in his day for sure. Karma will reward you! :wtg:

Congrats joey,there is a huge lack of respect makes me sick.Karma will reward you a 09 xp and a ford half ton:p sorry had to be said buddy.:beer::beer:

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not the thread you think!

theirs a war vet the comes into timmies everyday and gets a coffee , hes old , shakey and nice as can be! i'd do anything for him. he rides a scooter , a power scooter.

theirs another group that comes in everyday , their stuck up , rude and disrespectful , treat everyone like an idiot and are very rude , they treat this poor guy like a piece of dirt!:nono: they have no respect , dont open doors for him and dont do anything for him!! everytime he comes in and their there i do everything for him and have the biggest smile ever! i can honestly say i have all the respect in the world for these guys! i even put his debit card in his wallet cuz he has shakey hands , i hope somehow these morons see this! PEOPLE SHOW SOME FAWKIN' RESPECT THESE GUYS LAYED THEIR LIVES DOWN FOR YOU SMARTEN THE HELL UP AND BE A FRIEND!

my rant over.:realmad:

These people are just acting the way our gov't has taught them to. We have leagal/illeagle refugees/ailiens in our country that float up mon a rubber raft, get set up on the gov't dole, and live 20 people in a house and pull down 20k a month.
The flipside....people who have fought wars for this country are living on catfood because if they were hurt before they had all of their time in to qualify for a full pension, they are pro-rated down depending on yrs of service.....and the math rarely works out in their favor.....it is dispicable.

For once I completely agree with you Joey....you should be proud of yourself for helping the old man out, I'm sure it means the world too him, considering his gov't has used him up, and thrown him away.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that what you get today. Little inconsiderate chits thinking there cool and tough. The was a study done with small buisness owners and over 60% of them said they would prefer to hire a senior over a teenager.

I can say that this does not apply for me. I have a job, and try my best everyday and do anything possible to make my boss happy. My boss's husband is battling cancer currently, and I know that its taking its toll on her so last week I worked a quick 2 hour shift and didnt mark it down. And when shes at the cross cancer and it snows, without her even asking im at the school shoveling walks and i also shovel her walks to.

Further proving my yours and my point. We have 6 people on staff. Theres 3 of us including me that carry the main load and work hard every shift, the other 3 doddle around, sit and talk, and generaly do chit all. Us 3 do more work and are done shift on average 30 - 45 minutes before those other 3. one there lazy, two there incompetent, three they take longer to do stuff to get more money. One day when my boss was gone and one of the shmucks was incharge, she sat on her fat lazy ass for an hour and did nothing claiming she had nothing to do. TOld my boss the next day and it turns out she didnt do even half the stuff she was told to do. In lamest terms my boss was PISSED

The worlds going to hell in a hand-basket and personally I blame all this technology. A 10 year-old DOES NOT need a F***ING BLACKBERRY!!!

theirs people here that do that too! i got a real nice compliment from my boss today , she said i'm one of the hardest working people she has...........that was cool:cool:

seriously people these guys are amazing people , and we need to show how much we appreciate what they did , not disrespect them and take advantage of them , i feel so bad for this guy!! everyone else is sitting there laughing with their buddies and he is left alone in the corner:eek::( ive actually sat down and talked to him after my shift and he has some really cool storys! if we give these guys the time of day and listen to what they say they are some really fun guys to hang out with!!!:d

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I take it your German.:)

Maybe some of these people should try and buy his coffee next time.

i would but i'm broke at the moment! people seriously need to wake up and realise that we wouldn't even be here if it weren't for these guys.

this one guy , he orders is coffee and treats me like i know nothing , stands there while i make it for him and if anyone needs by he doesn't even acknoledge them , i cant stand him , he drives a big jacked up suburban so you can see what kind of guy he is (or isn't) i'd love to put like 12 sugars in his coffe as an "accident"

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
i would but i'm broke at the moment! people seriously need to wake up and realise that we wouldn't even be here if it weren't for these guys.

this one guy , he orders is coffee and treats me like i know nothing , stands there while i make it for him and if anyone needs by he doesn't even acknoledge them , i cant stand him , he drives a big jacked up suburban so you can see what kind of guy he is (or isn't) i'd love to put like 12 sugars in his coffe as an "accident"

Hey man, just wanted to say good for you for treating this man with the respect he deserves and bringing the issue up. It's sad that these days people like you that have respect for elders actually stand out in a crowd. It should really be the norm but unfortunately it is not. Props to you for setting a good example to young and old alike!

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man, just wanted to say good for you for treating this man with the respect he deserves and bringing the issue up. It's sad that these days people like you that have respect for elders actually stand out in a crowd. It should really be the norm but unfortunately it is not. Props to you for setting a good example to young and old alike!

hey thanks man! appreciate that and it is sad at what people think is "normal" , i just with more people would show respect for others , its sad what the world has become.........where does it stop???

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXhwFCWuMTo[/media]

this is a religous song , you dont have to watch it , its just telling people to treat each other better and i totally agree with it..........

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sitting down and listening to his stories is the greatest gift of all. He doesn't go through all that trouble for a $2 coffee.

actually its $1.70

but seriously , he went on for 15 minutes about his day! i love this guy! i actually look forward to him coming in , its not often i get away from work to talk to him but i do whenever i have the chance , i dont understand how someone can be so mean to such a nice guy! i can tell that what they do or DONT DO hurts him , i really wish people would be nicer to older people like him , especially war vets...........people can be so cruel.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good for you Joey, I am the same way as you.....no need for at all!

good to hear , thw rold needs more people who care for others! like my buddy , he went to toronto , found a homeless man and drove him around town , showed him a good day and even bought the man lunch , the world needs to wake up and realise were destroying everything good left here.

Top Bottom