Screens

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k thanks, although i think im just gonna try the door screen

:)I tried that and as long as you stay on the trail door screen will work.
Door screen's as everybody know's is very weak and junk,just ask my kid's :rant::mad:...lololo

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you want to get your hands on is some trampoline canvas. Its very close to what most suppliers use. It allows good air movement and it will shed snow and water. Find a ripped trampoline my friend and you could make alot of screen kits.:twocents:

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you want to get your hands on is some trampoline canvas. Its very close to what most suppliers use. It allows good air movement and it will shed snow and water. Find a ripped trampoline my friend and you could make alot of screen kits.:twocents:

:DCheck the give away adds in the bargin finder...

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, i have an older machine and have asked a couple of places if they had screen kits for my 97 summit to no success, I'm running out of time to make my own and this is my busiest time of the year at work....does anyone know where I coiuld find a kit for this 97 summit 670????:confused::confused::confused:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I stopped at Cascade Fencing in the west end today,A supplier of geotextile.I went in and had a good chat with Blaine and went over a bunch of different materials and found the best one and he gave me a piece to try out.It will definatly stop snow and water but I dont think it will breathe as well as I would like it too_One thing I know its good for and that is weeds in your garden LOL!
Will keep looking!
catmando!

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I did for my hood was when I was at the dump I had found an old satellite dish.The really old one the great big ones with the mesh on it.I cut it to the shape I needed the prime and painted it.Then all I did was use some wire and some wooden blocks on the other side of the hood.Fished the wire through the mesh and tied it to the blocks and sucked the mesh in nice and tight.Then I took the silicone and siliconed them into place.I had it out in the powder this weekend and they worked awsome.

barney

Reaction score
Just go to a dealership and order a roll of slp material.It goes for about 50 bucks and glue it on. You can also silacone all the little nokes and cranies closed as well too not allow powder too get in.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gave my brother a large piece of tramp material that came with our trampoline (probably as a patch). He used it for the side vents on his rev. He won't get out until after xmas to see how well it works. If you go with screen, get pet screen (walmart, home depot, etc.) it's supposed to be much stronger than regular screen and it's vinyl. Some screen material is metal so you have rusting.

If you want to go real cheap you could post a WTB on usededmonton or usedcalgary for the tramp material. I'm sure there are other people that have bought a trampoline and have a spare piece like mine. I wouldn't try and sew a patch on our tramp and let my daughter jump all over it hoping it holds. The extra that came with ours was about 3'x4'.

Top Bottom