Screens

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is everyone using to keep the snow out from under the hood....we're thinking of gluing some door screen on the back...is this fine enough?

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is everyone using to keep the snow out from under the hood....we're thinking of gluing some door screen on the back...is this fine enough?

Hard to beat the screen kit's that I got through Specialty Sled's,My twin turbos dont even such snow through.They sit right under a screen.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to beat the screen kit's that I got through Specialty Sled's,My twin turbos dont even such snow through.They sit right under a screen.

Yeah..but 1. i am fairly sure they dont make it for old sleds like mine.lol...and 2. do they sell the material by the roll?

Last edited by a moderator:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
they sell screen kits for the old ones....i dont know about specelty sleds..but other places do cause my friends indy 650 has them

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:(Not sure but they should be able to tell you what the material is called,you can also try ( Nylex ) in Edmonton they sell all kinds of strong and well weaved material that would be close.:)

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they sell screen kits for the old ones....i dont know about specelty sleds..but other places do cause my friends indy 650 has them

I dont mean the steal or aluminum ones...i mean the really really fine stuff...like what "twin turbo" has.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:(Not sure but they should be able to tell you what the material is called,you can also try ( Nylex ) in Edmonton they sell all kinds of strong and well weaved material that would be close.:)

But do you think door screen would work, cuz i really dont wanna spend a lot of money on something that i dont need.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nylex dosent sell door screen material..lol :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:
They sell geotextile material and its weaven pretty fine,i wouldnt doubt it if it's the same material.??

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
door screen would work for powder...but when u get in the spring riding and u get the rlly wet snow it might rip a bit..but it will work.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
but he doesnt want to spend mony...and if u use door screen u can just goto ur neibours house and * slash * and take some XD

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=Polarisryder;30277]but he doesnt want to spend mony...and if u use door screen u can just goto ur neibours house and * slash * and take some XD[/QUOTE]

:rollinglaugh:[ A piece from nylex wont cost hardly anything either,if you talk nice to them, they do have wasted peices that they throw out....;)

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the kit from PA motorsports at the show, keeps snow out and under hood temps down awesome

Attachments

• DSCN0737.JPG
    DSCN0737.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 103

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=Polarisryder;30277]but he doesnt want to spend mony...and if u use door screen u can just goto ur neibours house and * slash * and take some XD

:rollinglaugh:[ A piece from nylex wont cost hardly anything either,if you talk nice to them, they do have wasted peices that they throw out....;)[/QUOTE]

And where can you get this stuff...?

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The place is called ( Nylex ) The are located in Edmonton. Just off 34 ave and about 94 st. check on the web,type in ( geotextile ):)

Top Bottom