Russian Hostility

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't panic yet....the big O is gonna draw a big line in the dirt !
Like he did for Syria as they were being gassed ....

That showed Putin a thing or two .....

I would venture to say this would not
Happen if we had Reagen runnin the big show !

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is economics ..... no one will help the Ukraine cause no one wants to take on 40 billion dollar debt for them to avoid bankruptcy. The EU will do nothing because of this, they have their hands full with Greece already. If the west uses Sanctions and Russia closes the taps for Oil and Gas to the EU who wins? The west will be more than happy to supply energy. Long and short of it is no wants the Ukraine, Russia will end up having its way.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use the olympics as a smoke screen. Putin, master illusionist.
He claims to be progressive. Did anyone see him at the Russian hockey games watching with the decorated generals at his side? Talk about being so.....Soviet regime.:rolleyes:

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First of all I do not understand why there are so much noise about that in Canadian news.
First of all, Russians didn't "invade Crimea" they are always been there, Russia has 6 big military bases there + 3 Air Force bases + Russian fleet based in Sevastopol.
Because of violence in Ukraine Russian military force a bit worried, they want to keep situation under control there, nothing more.

Attachments

• _73363841_ukraine_crimea_russia_map3_624.jpg
    _73363841_ukraine_crimea_russia_map3_624.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 124

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally think the best that can happen is that the Ukraine separates into 2 separate countries, one with allegiance to Russia, and the other with more western ideals. The unfortunate part with this scenario is it would likely come after a long, bloody, civil war.

Agree with that, eventually Ukraine will be divided into 2 or 3 countries. Personally, I think into 3 pieces. Western part will join EU, Eastern Russia, and Crimea will be an independent state.
Russia will do everything to stop bloody war in Ukraine, many Russians have relatives who live in Ukraine, nobody needs war there.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He was elected by people of Ukraine, and his term was about to expire. Re-election might solve that problem.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is economics ..... no one will help the Ukraine cause no one wants to take on 40 billion dollar debt for them to avoid bankruptcy. The EU will do nothing because of this, they have their hands full with Greece already. If the west uses Sanctions and Russia closes the taps for Oil and Gas to the EU who wins? The west will be more than happy to supply energy. Long and short of it is no wants the Ukraine, Russia will end up having its way.
Russia doesn't need Ukraine either, nobody needs country with 40 billion debt, Putin said: had he wanted he would have taken the whole territory easily. Actually his original plan was to help Ukranians to build their economy, but the situation went wrong. I doubt if Putin will try again. Putin needs money to build his own country.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First of all I do not understand why there are so much noise about that in Canadian news.
First of all, Russians didn't "invade Crimea" they are always been there, Russia has 6 big military bases there + 3 Air Force bases + Russian fleet based in Sevastopol.
Because of violence in Ukraine Russian military force a bit worried, they want to keep situation under control there, nothing more.

You're really giving Putin a free pass on this?

Here's a post from another board I'm on that puts it into hypothetical terms if the Americans did the same thing.
If the US decided:

- to put a corrupt puppet into power in Cuba
- then put that puppet formally on the American payroll
- then allowed that puppet to ransack the public treasury to the tune of tens of BILLIONS of dollars (not millions, billions), leaving the country entirely destitute
- then, when some of the Cuban people finally had enough and started protesting, ordered their puppet Cuban leader to start killing dozens of protesters with military snipers
- then, when even that did not dissuade the protesters and the puppet was forced to flee the country
- the US sends in troops that are clearly US soldiers but not formally marked as such, and claim that they could be native cubans who just happened to pick up surplus US uniforms and weapons
- as well, the US sends in the Hell's Angels to help "protect" the Cuban people
- then the US announces, for the "protection" of the people in the Gitmo Bay area and to protect their naval base there, they are annexing the Cuban state/province where Gitmo is located

Would you REALLY be saying, "oh well, this is in the American sphere of influence so it's OK."

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vietnam, Granada, Panama come to mind and not to mention Iraq. All were sovereign nations. Anyway, we don't have to worry about the Americans saving anybody as they have no money to make it happen especially against the Russians. If they knew they could get away with it they would have done so with N.Korea.

Guilty of what practice? Russia is invading a sovereign nation in attempt to gain territory. This isn't a case of Saddam gassing the Kurds or threatening other nations in the middle east. No one will stop Putin because no one has the political will to do it. Mark my words, people will be screaming for the Americans to save them before too long.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vietnam, Granada, Panama come to mind and not to mention Iraq. All were sovereign nations. Anyway, we don't have to worry about the Americans saving anybody as they have no money to make it happen especially against the Russians. If they knew they could get away with it they would have done so with N.Korea.

And just how much territory did the US grab in any of those countries? Anyone that tries to compare these situations is just flat out showing their hatred of the United States.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have zero hate for the US as I have a lot of friends and relatives down there plus I do a ton of business. Just don't like ANY country pushing their weight around for national interests including the Russians or anyone else. It's not about the amount of area taken but just the fact they know they can do it without little consequences. Why don't you try doing that with your neighbour that you don't like or have concern about the way they live and see how far you can get away with it.

And just how much territory did the US grab in any of those countries? Anyone that tries to compare these situations is just flat out showing their hatred of the United States.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're really giving Putin a free pass on this?

Here's a post from another board I'm on that puts it into hypothetical terms if the Americans did the same thing.

I read that post, but comparing Cuba and Ukraine just irrelevant in opinion. How many Americans live in Cuba? Don't forget Crimea was a Russian territory, then in middle of 50th USSR leader Hrushev gave that land to Ukraine. Of course Russians were and still live there, generations after generations. My both parents still live there, I used to call them every week. Just because Russian army there, they feel safe. Otherwise situation there would be like in Kiev.
Ukainians had 2 presidents before Yanukovich came to power, previous pro-western oriented president Ushenko, wanted to bring western lifestyle into Ukraine, he wasn't popular either.
I am not justifying Yanukovich, he is a son of the bitch for sure, but Ukrainans voted for him.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Russia doesn't need to grab Crimea. They need stable situation there, without civil war and blood shed. In addition to that they have fleet and air forces there, so they don't need any troublemakers.

Last edited:

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have zero hate for the US as I have a lot of friends and relatives down there plus I do a ton of business. Just don't like ANY country pushing their weight around for national interests including the Russians or anyone else. It's not about the amount of area taken but just the fact they know they can do it without little consequences. Why don't you try doing that with your neighbour that you don't like or have concern about the way they live and see how far you can get away with it.

My neighbour hasn't broke 17 UN resolutions, gassed anyone living in his yard or been hurling threats of cruise missiles at the guy on the other side of him.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read that post, but comparing Cuba and Ukraine just irrelevant in opinion. How many Americans live in Cuba? Don't forget Crimea was a Russian territory, then in middle of 50th USSR leader Hrushev gave that land to Ukraine. Of course Russians were and still live there, generations after generations. My both parents still live there, I used to call them every week. Just because Russian army there, they feel safe. Otherwise situation there would be like in Kiev.
Ukainians had 2 presidents before Yanukovich came to power, previous pro-western oriented president Ushenko, wanted to bring western lifestyle into Ukraine, he wasn't popular either.
I am not justifying Yanukovich, he is a son of the bitch for sure, but Ukrainans voted for him.

It's plain to see who's pulling the strings behind the curtain in Ukraine, and Russia is alarmed over their lost grip. History has a tendency to repeat itself and this is nothing new for them.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am very pessimistic about situation in Ukraine, Russia should close all her borders and stay away from that mess. Putin was too busy with his Olympic games and didn't pay much attention, now its too late to change anything.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i am not really well informed on the Ukraine situation ,i highly dought Mr putin was too busy to notice that there were 17000 troops sent to that area.With out his knowledge or involvement.........
Lets be somewhat serious here.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He done it too late, situation isn't under his control at the moment. Just too late...

Top Bottom