Russian Hostility

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Crimea is voting march 16 as to whether or not become a russian state again or stay with ukraine... Crimea was a russian state previously and an early poll suggested almost 80% of crimeans wish to return to russian rule... The u.n. Is sending in a team of observers(including canadians) to observe the russian occupied spaces and report to the u.n........ Also the u.n. Is contemplating giving the ukraine 286million in aid, if crimea does vote for russian rule. Over 80% of crimea speaks russian... Only 10% actually speak ukrainian........

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crimea is voting march 16 as to whether or not become a russian state again or stay with ukraine... Crimea was a russian state previously and an early poll suggested almost 80% of crimeans wish to return to russian rule... The u.n. Is sending in a team of observers(including canadians) to observe the russian occupied spaces and report to the u.n........ Also the u.n. Is contemplating giving the ukraine 286million in aid, if crimea does vote for russian rule. Over 80% of crimea speaks russian... Only 10% actually speak ukrainian........

The most important thing: do something to protect Ukraine people from the Civil War, I mean in whole Ukraine not just Crimeaa. Another important fact about Crimea- Russian have a lot of weapons there on their bases, if someone takes them the Civil war would start for sure. Ukraine doesn't have any arms, that is good thing.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the most important thing: Do something to protect ukraine people from the civil war, i mean in whole ukraine not just crimeaa. Another important fact about crimea- russian have a lot of weapons there on their bases, if someone takes them the civil war would start for sure. Ukraine doesn't have any arms, that is good thing.

actually, in yesterdays sun, was interesting stats ..... Ukraine army is about 1/2 the size of the russian army, so it would put on a good fight and make a mess.... Ukraine weak on naval, but about 1/2 size again of the russian airforce...

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no they only were best friends with Sadam Hussein supplying him with weapons etc etc. before things went south. Love my neighbours but they are far from perfect. Creating a war on false pretences killing thousands (on both sides) is not exactly something to brag about. Anyway, done with this argument as I am sure there is not a country out there that doesn't have some skeletons in their closet. Just hope things don't get out of control in the Ukraine, because the last thing this planet needs is another unsettled region.

My neighbour hasn't broke 17 UN resolutions, gassed anyone living in his yard or been hurling threats of cruise missiles at the guy on the other side of him.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no they only were best friends with Sadam Hussein supplying him with weapons etc etc. before things went south. Love my neighbours but they are far from perfect. Creating a war on false pretences killing thousands (on both sides) is not exactly something to brag about. Anyway, done with this argument as I am sure there is not a country out there that doesn't have some skeletons in their closet. Just hope things don't get out of control in the Ukraine, because the last thing this planet needs is another unsettled region.

Who's bragging? I'm just sick and tired of everyone dumping on the one country that has to step out and do the dirty work for every western democracy on the planet.

The world was suuuuch a better place when the US were isolationists, wasn't it?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 71

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is far from the truth. Humanitarian yes they do but so does Canada, EU etc etc. But militarily they go for their self interests. Otherwise, why don't they go and save Syria, many African countries, North Korea etc?

Who's bragging? I'm just sick and tired of everyone dumping on the one country that has to step out and do the dirty work for every western democracy on the planet.

The world was suuuuch a better place when the US were isolationists, wasn't it?

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is far from the truth. Humanitarian yes they do but so does Canada, EU etc etc. But militarily they go for their self interests. Otherwise, why don't they go and save Syria, many African countries, North Korea etc?

Syria - Well, Obama's brilliant foreign policy and his line in the sand made them look like a bunch of dorks standing with their dick in their hands. These African backwaters aren't armed to the teeth and North Korea is China's loser little brother that needs tuning in every once in a while. That's up to them.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Syria - Well, Obama's brilliant foreign policy and his line in the sand made them look like a bunch of dorks standing with their dick in their hands. These African backwaters aren't armed to the teeth and North Korea is China's loser little brother that needs tuning in every once in a while. That's up to them.
Ya I think its best for the US to pressure China to deal with our North Korean little whack job. Nobody wants to see China and the US standing off.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have to get the internet under control so everyone can start believing what their being told.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The Famine in the Ukraine (engineered by Stalin) starved 3 million Ukrainians by taking all the food and livestock from villages and posting guards who would not let anyone leave to find food. 25% of their population died and after that, the Russian people moved in as it is a rich and fertile place. I imagine they were hoping to get as far from Moscow as they could. The area was not a Russian State - Merely an area of the Ukraine with predominantly Russian speaking people. BTW, Russian is the second language in the Ukraine as the USSR insisted on it being the principal language.

It will be interesting indeed.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Famine in the Ukraine (engineered by Stalin) starved 3 million Ukrainians by taking all the food and livestock from villages and posting guards who would not let anyone leave to find food. 25% of their population died and after that, the Russian people moved in as it is a rich and fertile place. I imagine they were hoping to get as far from Moscow as they could. The area was not a Russian State - Merely an area of the Ukraine with predominantly Russian speaking people. BTW, Russian is the second language in the Ukraine as the USSR insisted on it being the principal language.

It will be interesting indeed.

Its still famine in some parts of Ukraine even now, whom would you blame right now?, there are no Stalin in our days? They still have the best land in whole Europe for growing crop, etc. They do nothing and that land is not being used. In our days everybody blame Stalin for everything, families which were working they were ok (including my grand farther). People who did nothing they died, very simple. Not the only Ukrainians who were suffering in 1937, the whole East Europe had luck of food, because of the dry summer the most of the crop gone.
Stalin had nothing to do with that famine, it was climate.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. I must be mistaken and Uncle Joe Stalin was misunderstood as was Uncle Adolf and Mussolini really did make the trains run on time. Holy crap man. Not saying Ukraine doesn't have problems but would be great if Russia would just butt out.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ukraine won't exist anymore soon, today another big province of Ukraine ODESSA has decided to work away from Kiev.
The new Ukrainian government not being recognized in many parts of Ukraine. That is a internal Ukrainian problems and have nothing to do with Russia.
New Ukrainian government being recognized by Canada, USA and EU, not by own Ukrainian people.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. I must be mistaken and Uncle Joe Stalin was misunderstood as was Uncle Adolf and Mussolini really did make the trains run on time. Holy crap man. Not saying Ukraine doesn't have problems but would be great if Russia would just butt out.
In 1030-x there was no a such country as Ukraine it was a former Soviet Union territory.

Top Bottom