Rough way to start a week

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a girl who is working for us for the summer with my oldest boy who has downs. anyways, she comes to work this morning, i open the door and i notice her truck moving. I say "who is driving your truck?" she says "no one OH SHHEEEET" her truck is rolling down the hill that my street is on, So i take off after it in my socks, chase it down, doors are locked, I tried to get it to stop but it just kept going faster and faster! its lucky it hit the transformer and didnt end up in someones living room because it only went half way down the hill, if it went all the way down it would of went right through the house at the bottom of the hill, and killed whoever was inside. luckily no one was hurt. here is a few pics
ea09c159.jpg

78987900.jpg

24a58c6d.jpg

9ba6e3b8.jpg

becb264a.jpg

f0a6c5d2.jpg

1cff8e1a.jpg

e4bf4c00.jpg

3edc22ab.jpg

621f9faa.jpg

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is amazing that something wasn't lit up........holy crap!

You should of seen me panicking. As soon as the truck stopped and the sparks stopped I look underneath and see all this fluid pouring out. I first assume it's the gas tank pouring out but rather it was the miniral oil from in the x former. But when it's all happening you don't know what's going on. Not sure whats gonna happen so I started pounding on doors to get ppl into their back yards.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW! Lucky, and not so lucky I guess.
Good thing no one was:eek: killed.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You should of seen me panicking. As soon as the truck stopped and the sparks stopped I look underneath and see all this fluid pouring out. I first assume it's the gas tank pouring out but rather it was the miniral oil from in the x former. But when it's all happening you don't know what's going on. Not sure whats gonna happen so I started pounding on doors to get ppl into their back yards.

I can see the panic setting in........not a nice place to be with all the sparks and potential for gasoline leakage.......

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your a good nieghbour

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad no one was hurt !!!!

Was the power company mad ????
Did they "charge" her ?? (sorry for the pun) !!

What is all damaged on the truck ?? Anything serious ??
Was she "shocked" to see what happened to her truck ?? (Sorry again for another bad pun)

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy smokes!! That doesn't look very pretty! Glad the damage wasn't any worse than that and no one got hurt!!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad no one was hurt !!!!

Was the power company mad ????
Did they "charge" her ?? (sorry for the pun) !!

What is all damaged on the truck ?? Anything serious ??
Was she "shocked" to see what happened to her truck ?? (Sorry again for another bad pun)

No idea what Bc hydro will charge. It will be paid through her insurance anyways. Thru weren't mad rather amused at seeing something new. She was pretty shook up over it. The what if game starts and 100 diferent scenerios start playing in your head

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow quite the exciting start to the week, good thing you had your socks on and weren't only wearing your Bannana Hammok, you might have hurt your feet :beer::d

Well glad no one got hurt

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow quite the exciting start to the week, good thing you had your socks on and weren't only wearing your Bannana Hammok, you might have hurt your feet :beer::d

Well glad no one got hurt

ya I guess hey!! well it was 9 am, and she is a 18yr old girl!!!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Wow that sucks!! That is too much excitement for a monday morning for sure!!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats why we love alberta, that would never happen here way to flat

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a little refresher-course for the gal about hill parking and what angle the front wheels are supposed to be at...hehehe. Defintely could have been worse!

Top Bottom