ROADS sucks in Edmonton.... And whats up with some of the drivers???

canamgirl

Reaction score
So coming from Ontario, where the roads are well maintained, and the snow is plowed after a big snow fall and theres not MASSIVE pot holes everywhere, and you dont have to shovel your own sidewalks the city does it... My question is Whats up Edmonton?? This Province has more money then any other in Canada.. Yet the roads here are the shittest iv driven on.. Worst then some of the roads in Costa rica, Jamaica, Cuba.. like WTF....
Also the DRIVERS.. Ok so i understand that ppl here in Alberta can get their licence at age 14 do they ever go back for another test.. like 10 years later lets check you driving? it snows here and ppl are crashing and driving right into the ditch not to mention the 10k speed that everyone does...
My question is WTF Alberta??
Spend some money and fix the roads.. and Dumies if you have to drive 10k then maybe you shouldnt be driving??? HMMM...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct. Unfortunately our city and some municipalities have lost sight of there actual jobs. Which is snow clearing, road maintenance, and infrastructure. Instead they focus to much on social programs and 100 million dollar art galleries, 500 million dollar arenas. etc etc. it's pathetic.

In my opinion when there main duties are fulfilled then they should start looking at extras. Oh and public transit..... Ya no one uses that.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't get to be the province with the most money by wasting money on snow clearing. :d

hahahah aint that the truth!!

I've never seen such quality driving. I drive edmonton to nisku every day and the ch!t I see.... A person turns their head to look back at an accident and either rear ends the person in front of them or drives into the ditch!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the city right now is 1.5 lanes wide because 3 weeks later they still haven't peeled the snow back to the curb.
Oh, that is bad. I grew up in Ontario and the snow clearing was top notch. When I moved to Calgary, I couldn't believe how bad it was, where all they did was wait for a chinook to melt it, and the plows were more like sanders with a grading blade that just packs down the snow instead of moving it off the road. The new mayor has a certainly improved that though.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
City of Edmonton is to busy spending money on things likethe Talus Dome......$600,000 tax payers dollars.....I'd like to meet the buyerof this I have a pile of crap on the Farm I'd love to sell.....

On another note, could you see these drivers all armed with a handgun.....would serious cut done the traffic problems as the population woulddecrease rapidly....

Attachments

• steel balls.JPG
    steel balls.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 229

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Transfer payments mostly go to quebec. Im from out of province as well, and ive worked all over this country.

No question alberta has the worst road conditions hands down. Only worse in very rural areas

Its funny how they have sand trucks that throw sand (gravel really) down on top of the snow that they havent plowed. Plowing it and throwing sand on it with the same vehicle seems much more efficient.

canamgirl

Reaction score
you would have no one to plow the snow.. not enough ppl without us ppl from back east to fill all the jobs! and most transfer payments goes to the french ppl that dont even want to be a part of CANADA...

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The province pays not 1 red cent to anywhere else in the country. Transfer payments come out of federal income taxes which are the same throughout the country. Not having transfer payments would make 0 difference to the money that the Provincial Government has. What would make a huge difference however would be to get rid of the flat tax, which no other civilized jurisdiction in the western world uses.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the snow removal budget comes from the city. When driving home from the mountains, you can always tell when you get back into Calgary city limits. The roads get worse.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ontario has lots of jobs. Depends on the industry, if you work in manufacturing youre probably in rough shape. Considering southern ontario was a manufacturing powerhouse a decade or two ago, people struggle in certain areas because there are thousands of machinsts and metal workers and a lot of those jobs went away.

We didnt have the oilfield to fall back on.

Ive been here for 7 or 8 years. Im here for the mountains and the long winter :)

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So coming from Ontario, where the roads are well maintained, and the snow is plowed after a big snow fall and theres not MASSIVE pot holes everywhere, and you dont have to shovel your own sidewalks the city does it... My question is Whats up Edmonton?? This Province has more money then any other in Canada.. Yet the roads here are the shittest iv driven on.. Worst then some of the roads in Costa rica, Jamaica, Cuba.. like WTF....
Also the DRIVERS.. Ok so i understand that ppl here in Alberta can get their licence at age 14 do they ever go back for another test.. like 10 years later lets check you driving? it snows here and ppl are crashing and driving right into the ditch not to mention the 10k speed that everyone does...
Spend some money and fix the roads.. and Dumies if you have to drive 10k then maybe you shouldnt be driving??? HMMM...

i wouldn't be calling drivers in alberta any worse than those in ontario, i've drivin the 401. please tell us there are no accidents there because they all know how to drive. best not to be throwing stones in a glass house. also not sure what friggin roads you drive in ontario but i think you need to go on the pothole patrol back in your old fair province. seems memories are so short that you forget what you have drivin on. i lived there too.

roads here have way more frost heaves and are built mainly with clay fill, most of roads in ontario are rock fill and have less frost heaves.

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

More to it then 1 license... At 14 a person can get their learner's, at 16 they can get their GDL license and finally at 18 they can get their full license.

Top Bottom