Riondel B.C.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A huge thanks goes out to " Mongrol " for showing myself and a friend around his hometown area Riondel. It was a wonderful ride and he was a very good tour guide, telling us about some interesting history and sentic spots along the way. We where treated to a very nice time out there, great views, tons of wildlife and very cool trails, i also found the abandoned forsetry service roads to be alot of fun.
Buzz sorry we could not do more riding but our sickness and the rain slowed us down a bit, plus we where also trying to get on the lake fishing every day as well.
I will try to get some pictures posted on here as soon as possible.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures from our time in B.C.

Attachments

• php7amv1mPM.jpg
    php7amv1mPM.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 2009_0509Fishing-Qauding0068.JPG
    2009_0509Fishing-Qauding0068.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 2009_0509Fishing-Qauding0033.JPG
    2009_0509Fishing-Qauding0033.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 2009_0509Fishing-Qauding0037.jpg
    2009_0509Fishing-Qauding0037.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 2009_0509Fishing-Qauding0071.JPG
    2009_0509Fishing-Qauding0071.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 2009_0509Fishing-Qauding0047.jpg
    2009_0509Fishing-Qauding0047.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 2009_0509Fishing-Qauding0034.JPG
    2009_0509Fishing-Qauding0034.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 81

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way cool photo's Hadster ... I can tell I need to do a summer & winter road trip to Mongrols area ...... :d

Thanks for shar'in the photo's .....

Later ....

toyz

Reaction score
I want to come out there this summer. What is the cost to cross the lake on the ferry with camper and trailer. Is there a camp ground where you can quad from or do you need to load up and go out. Can you swim in the lake.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to come out there this summer. What is the cost to cross the lake on the ferry with camper and trailer. Is there a camp ground where you can quad from or do you need to load up and go out. Can you swim in the lake.

Longest Free Ferry in the world.......Out in the Boat I just dip and drink..delisiuos water.
I can see my cabin in those pics...:d

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you stay at the Garland Bay Forestry campsite, 9 km north of town, you can quad right from the campsite. The riding is primarily trails and bush, not condusive to "rip it up' type riding. Take any trail that has yellow "Road Deactivated" sign.

Everyone swims in the lake but its a bit brisk.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you stay at the Garland Bay Forestry campsite, 9 km north of town, you can quad right from the campsite. The riding is primarily trails and bush, not condusive to "rip it up' type riding. Take any trail that has yellow "Road Deactivated" sign.

Everyone swims in the lake but its a bit brisk.[/QUOTE]

Including the NEKKED BEACH in Queen's Bay across the lake

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMFAO...dont tell him that.....thats a surprize shocker for the tourists.
braids from Pit to Pube
Do the douks still celebrate under the power lines?

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Power line beach is pretty quiet lately, no squatters. Just more local nudes. UUGGGHHH!

When fishing is slow..I like to troll newbies from Queens Bay to the powerline...lol.

Sorry to hijack your thread....but 1 year we were eating in the Balfour beach Inn and a gal stretched out and then put her hands behind her head.......My buddy from Spokane puked his supper right in his plate.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMFAO...dont tell him that.....thats a surprize shocker for the tourists.
braids from Pit to Pube
Do the douks still celebrate under the power lines?

Haaa haaa! Snotty, this weekend when we were getting wood, I grabbed a big chunk of black oldman's beard and stuffed it in my pits with it poking out. I looked like a real hippy. I going to take a picture for you, Kootenay Pit style.
The lake is awesome to swim in. It is cool, August is the best swimming if you are'nt used to cooler waters. The kids and I swim from May on into September. If the kids turn blue, we get out!. You will never swim in a cleaner lake though. An amazing experience for sure.:cool:

toyz

Reaction score
That is an inviting thought. What do you means trails and bush. Do you need to make your own trail. What is "rip it up" riding. The trails that are deactivated are old logging roads. We were going to stay across the lake at woodbury. Is there the same kind of trails there.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of riding on the trails above Woodbury & Coffee creeks. Most riding is on old logging roads and skid trails, some of which are overgrown with small alders but useable. One good ride is up Mt. Buchanan lookout above Kaslo. The guys at "Jones Boys" marina will know all the available rideable trails.

Depending on how much time you've got try to make it about 30 mi North to Healy Creek on the South end of Trout lake. Phenomenal scenery & rides.

See the attached photos taken by "Kootenay Cat" of that area. I'm sure he won't mind me posting them.

By "rip it up" riding, I mean the type of riding that chews up the terrain badly. Big penaltys in BC for environmental destruction. Fines and/or jail time in certain areas.:nono:

Attachments

• Descent2.jpg
    Descent2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Topofhealy.jpg
    Topofhealy.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Vacation-TroutLake2008071[1].jpg
    Vacation-TroutLake2008071[1].jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Vacation-TroutLake2008038-1[1].jpg
    Vacation-TroutLake2008038-1[1].jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 82

toyz

Reaction score
That type of riding sounds perfect. I get enough mud here. Where is this place ""Jones Boys" marina ". Can you get a map of the place some where. Any body have a gps map of the area. I could not see healy creek or trout lake on map quest. We are going to be there for the week, from june 28 till july 4. Thanks for every bodies information on the hot spots and the no go zones.

Barry

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jones Boys is THE business in Woodbury Creek.

Best source for every forestry, logging, or access roads and atv trails is without a doubt "Backroad Mapbook" 4th edition for Kootenay/Rockies BC.

Hope you enjoy your visit.:)

PS. Healy Creek is just south of the town of Gerrard (which is just south of the bottom of Trout Lake) and is the largest Valley running east.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That type of riding sounds perfect. I get enough mud here. Where is this place ""Jones Boys" marina ". Can you get a map of the place some where. Any body have a gps map of the area. I could not see healy creek or trout lake on map quest. We are going to be there for the week, from june 28 till july 4. Thanks for every bodies information on the hot spots and the no go zones.

Barry

After landing in Balfour from the Ferry....take right turn towards Kaslo...after you pass Ainsworth Hot Springs,it ain't far from there. Big resort on the right side of Highway....you cant miss it.Woodbury Resort and Jones Boys

Top Bottom