Riding Gear?

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iv never riden with any type of protection before but i rode with a few guys these past couple years that have convinced me to look in to it and in the long run my body would thank me. iv pretty much got a tek vest picked out but one thing i really dont know much about are knee braces. is a soft one good enough with a little hard plastic on it?or should i just not waste my time and go for the complete brace? so any insight on this would be great!

thanks

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there still good mobility iv seen a few and there all nice but i dont mind the sixsixone knee guard

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have the sixsixone coresaver tek vest what are your thoughts on it

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for your sternum and spine, not much for ribs around the sides. mobility is good, comfortable to wear.

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for your sternum and spine, not much for ribs around the sides. mobility is good, comfortable to wear.
would you recommend it or do you have another one in mind thats better allround protection and still good mobility

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased the core saver this summer for sledding havent got to wear it riding yet but i think im going to like it nice and mobile and not a big bulky thing like the other teck vests... I think it should be good and I was also thinking of getting the knee pads to but havent yet

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased the core saver this summer for sledding havent got to wear it riding yet but i think im going to like it nice and mobile and not a big bulky thing like the other teck vests... I think it should be good and I was also thinking of getting the knee pads to but havent yet
what knee pads where you looking into.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear sixsixone vest type thingyMore of a motox style one, but its light and super comfy
Think i paid like $70 for it......does what it needs toAlso wear knee pads
Just some Solomon rollerblade type onesAgain cheap ($20) and they serve their purpose
At the time i bought em more for my knees bangin on the sled, until a budd just about rippedp his knee of in early pow when his knee hit a rock
He was stretched out doing a big powder turn and BOOM smashed his knee
I dont think a knee pad would have totally saved his knee, but it would have helped

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all top brands of mx have great protective well great gear all round but klim is built specifictly for sledders so should a guy just not bother trying to make mx stuff work and go and get a klim for a bit more money but its built for mountain riders. lots of vents great protection and very moblie

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would you recommend it or do you have another one in mind thats better allround protection and still good mobility
I haven't worn anything else while riding, so not much to compare it to. Looks to me that the Tekrider freestyle would probably offer better all around protection while not hindering movement too much. Might be warm in the mountains though.

Top Bottom