Reverse not working on '07 M8 any ideas?

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
Hey guys this weekend the reverse on my '07 M8 was acting up, sometimes it would work and sometimes not at all. It was actually stuck in reverse at one point. I also had issues starting it (no E start) and it took at least 20 pulls to get it going and this never happens. Then it bogged out big time when I took it in some deep snow.
Any ideas?
:cool:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
possible you got some snow under the hood when it was hot and as it melted the humidity played havoc on your electronics when you were playing in the pow my budies 08 m1000 acts up sometimes like that duct tape to plug the hood vents was his cure thats why we call his the pretty kitty;)

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
Haha I call mine Pretty Kitty too.
So that's very possible cuz I was in a lot of deep snow all weekend (jealous? lol)
I hope it's that easy..
A friend said I should get into the handlebars.. to check connections or something, or the other option could be to get the computer flashed.. :sadbanana:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My reverse was acting up too and I found out that there was moisture in the switch and a little WD40 fixed the problem.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
Hey guys this weekend the reverse on my '07 M8 was acting up, sometimes it would work and sometimes not at all. It was actually stuck in reverse at one point. I also had issues starting it (no E start) and it took at least 20 pulls to get it going and this never happens. Then it bogged out big time when I took it in some deep snow.
Any ideas?
:cool:

The problems are all due to not getting me to paint your hood last fall! jk. Ok here are some ideas, some already mentioned. Your backup salinoid plug could be corroded. Take the cover of and unplug it, clean it, and put "electrical grease" in the connection. I had a 07 that blew a belt and bent the salinoid switch mount. The next thing you might want to do is change your DD oil and check for metal deposits due to abnormal wear, hopefully not.
And for your bogging problem, check your intake for leaks. Maybe put some outerwear on your vents.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problems are all due to not getting me to paint your hood last fall! jk. Ok here are some ideas, some already mentioned. Your backup salinoid plug could be corroded. Take the cover of and unplug it, clean it, and put "electrical grease" in the connection. I had a 07 that blew a belt and bent the salinoid switch mount. The next thing you might want to do is change your DD oil and check for metal deposits due to abnormal wear, hopefully not.
And for your bogging problem, check your intake for leaks. Maybe put some outerwear on your vents.

Good points. The bogging issue could be the intake plugging off in the deep snow, I started a thread about it in the M Sleds in the Cat section (M8 plugging off in powder). Might want to read about it and see if your's did the same thing, then I would suggest an aftermarket intake.

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score

lol it must be the lack of paint! :d
Tonight we unscrewed the handlebar mount and check connections, and there was no corrosion or anything fishy. All other electrical connections that are visible and the wiring harness seem legit.
So next step might be to re-flash the computer as reccomended by a few AC guys I know..
Changed the DD oil in December and Ive never blown a belt. Ive got about 14 mountain days on it this season.
I should also mention my digital tach hasn't worked since last season, but I can still read it on the needle... a connected issue perhaps? :confused:
I think the bogging may have been circumstatial to all that powder I pounded last weekend, lol!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we're u back in mtn hall again, with the boys or sitting in the trailer?;):beer::d

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
we're u back in mtn hall again, with the boys or sitting in the trailer?;):beer::d

hahaha now now Dusty, no trailer party till the days ride is done!! Then it's well deserved! Unless your Apex craters like Marv's then it's legit at noon! :beer:
The boys and I rode Boulder this weekend. When you out again?

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
Well Pinit, I know nothing about kitties (hehe) but I do know that you might want to check all grounds not sure if there is something like this on your 07 (https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/arctic-cat-ground-wire-44660.html) I do know that grounds can cause all kinds of weird stuff to happen with ECM's or ECU's or whatever!!

Hey D! Long time no see. You better be coming out next weekend... the KirtainRod won't be hanging around I hear, too bad.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll ask my dealer when I call him with my list of questions, I hope he's having a good day.. :d

Top Bottom