Revelstoke Sled Thief Caught

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh, it was already posted. I did the search ( obviously wrong) and never found anything, lol. Oh well. Spread the word some more I guess.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The man charged with stealing a truck, trailer and snowmobiles from a Revelstoke motel in the early morning hours of Feb. 23 has made a first court appearance.

Enderby resident Mitchell Ronald Szekely, 32, appeared in Salmon Arm Provincial Court on Mar. 4; the proceedings were adjourned to Mar. 18.

He is facing charges of breach of probation, possession of stolen property over $5,000 and attempting to evade police.

Szekely remains in custody and is scheduled to appear in Salmon Arm court again via video conference on Mar. 18.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my problem is partially the friggin thief but mostly with the friggin lowlife that buys the parts etc from him. hang the beotch

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
my problem is partially the friggin thief but mostly with the friggin lowlife that buys the parts etc from him. hang the beotch

Agreed....just wish this looser would cough up a name for the cops.

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone listening ?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, he knows the system, but the guys buying this stolen stuff are just perpetuating the problem. like being approached by a guy in a parking lot driving around trying to sell a big screen tv. talk about shady.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a tough one, for example I bought a used A arm off castanet, guy said he had put on a timber sled front end, do I believe him or call cops? I mean I get what you guys are saying, the guy who bought my sled ordered it, but parts are a harder. I picked it up in Vernon where my sleds went, wonder if I bought my own parts.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a tough one, for example I bought a used A arm off castanet, guy said he had put on a timber sled front end, do I believe him or call cops? I mean I get what you guys are saying, the guy who bought my sled ordered it, but parts are a harder. I picked it up in Vernon where my sleds went, wonder if I bought my own parts.

may never know for sure. likely no way to trace them either. i'm thinking that most people know who they are buying off of in their area.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing a guy could do is engrave the Vin into the more pricey parts, in a non real visible spot, like control arms, front and back,

Or paint dots in different colors in certain areas, then take pics

Kind of a pain, but if it does go missing , then u can prove it's ur parts and or have recourse

sent while I should be drinking tea's

geo

Reaction score
The little parts are of some value but it's the big parts where the buyer has to know they are hot. Takes a chop shop of some kind to get the thieves to do their thing. Enough just disappear that this has to be a petty big thing. I don't think they go into cargo containers to Saudi Arabia or even to Norway. They probably go back to the same mountain after they shuffle the parts.

No market, no business. Sad.

OLY'S 379X

Reaction score
just thought i would mention the revy rcmp are still doing a great job. was in town for a 4 day trip from sask and i like to get up early for the trip home. we were leaving the motel at 430 and were stopped and checked to make sure truck trailer and sleds were ours ! was glad to see they are still on the lookout for thieves

Top Bottom