Renshaw Cabin Condition

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up to Renshaw on Dec 11 and 12, and the trail up was excellent and the snow was world class!!!!

BUT.....

I was totally amazed at how damaged the cabin was. I can not believe that people would go all that way to enjoy the best snowmobiling in THE WORLD, and treat the COMPLIMENTARY warm up cabin the way they do.

The cig buts and empty beer cans were all over the place, it smelled like a brewery in there, it was digusting. I know the local accosiation can not clean it up untill the trail is pushed through, but I think we should all try to look after these facilities a little better.

I'm sure its the classic "few bad apples" that spoil it for everyone, but someone has to repair and clean it up, so if we all do our part, we can ensure that it will be up there, with propane, with a furnace, for a long time.

As I've said in other posts, we should ALL appreciate the effort that goes into making that trail and that cabin available to all of us. If you've ever had to go up there on 30kms of woops, then you understand, and you'd pay anything to see a groomer. And if you've ever been up there when its -25deg (or colder), you sure welcome the sight of that warm up cabin.

Sorry if I am ranting, but it was pretty bad.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with DEAN10 on his rant.
Every year the cabins at Valemount and McBride take a beating. Total disrepect and disregard by a few fools. Wish those clowns weren't a part of the sport. How would they like someone trashing their truck or house like they do the cabins. Likely the same fools that leave garbage all over the alpine.
Idiots!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in agreement, every year it's the same thing at just about any of the well used cabins. Trash and cans all over the place and the garbage cans are sitting right under their noses. Same with the vandalism they just don't care and they have no respect. Unfortunately i feel it's going to get worse before it gets better. You may confront a couple of stooges in the act but there's another person that will do the same thing. Keith.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cleaned all 3 cabins this week so your visit will be much more injoyable next time. Could not get them sooner than I did, sorry bout that. If everyone would pack out what they pack in my clean-up would be alot less. Just so all know, I don't get paid to do the clean-up nor does the club pay my fuel, I do it because as a sledder I feel the same as you guys about the cabins. They are needed from time to time and to walk into a mess like they were, is a bad reflection on our hill. Barry

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cleaned all 3 cabins this week so your visit will be much more injoyable next time. Could not get them sooner than I did, sorry bout that. If everyone would pack out what they pack in my clean-up would be alot less. Just so all know, I don't get paid to do the clean-up nor does the club pay my fuel, I do it because as a sledder I feel the same as you guys about the cabins. They are needed from time to time and to walk into a mess like they were, is a bad reflection on our hill. Barry

Man that's awsome Barry.....this sport need's more guy's like you:thumbsup2:

Last spring when we were in Renshaw,,, buddy of our's riding the old triple viper,,,, ( big bore,, was a sick sled),, we used the muffler side to pack out all or beer cans and such....like everyone say's....you can BLOODY WELL PACK IT IN>>>>>>>PACK IT OUT...... I am a consultant and work with forestry officails all the time day to day.... the more garbage and mess the keep seeing in the spring summer from the previous winter, the more area's they will shut down.....remeber that people and fellow sledder's....

anyways two thumbs upto ya Barry....see ya soon

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Good on Barry,Need more guys like you,I think we should allow you to carry a gun,in case you get atacked by a polar bear or something!(Or Something)
catmando!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on Barry,Need more guys like you,I think we should allow you to carry a gun,in case you get atacked by a polar bear or something!(Or Something)
catmando!

I think Barry should pack a gun in case he spots someone abusing the cabins

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
No need for a gun when ya got good beating sticks everywhere. :D Makes one wonder when these people do the mess thing :confused: I would think there must be a time when someone sees a group or individuals that are not respecting the property.Who would one report info to ? As some folks may not want to directly confront the trouble makers in fear of or other reasons.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BBtoys my hats off to you, Its action like this that should give other riders a reason to follow the steps you take to make the sport enjoyable for everyone. You'll have my business everytime I come out that way to go riding.....Cheers and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!:D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Barry:
When your at the cabin and a group is not being respectfull to the property it pretty tough to to address a bunch of guy and gals who have had a bit much to drink. On the other hand it's not hard to watch for them a the bottom of the hill and maybe get a licence number.
Barry, Is there anything you can do with info like that?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did not know that the cabin clean up was done on a volunteer basis, that just makes it even more important to ensure you pack out what you pack in. Perhaps a very clear sign indicating that its all done by volunteers would guilt some people into being more responsible. I guess the sign on the front that actually says "Pack out what you pack in" is not obvious enough for some.

Anyway, I think I speak for our entire group when I say a huge thank you to Barry and any other volunteers for the effort they put in to make our sled trips better.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I think I speak for our entire group when I say a huge thank you to Barry and any other volunteers for the effort they put in to make our sled trips better.[/quote]

yes yes

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything you can do legally, but I have tryed to guilt people into packing out their stuff, but some people just don't care.3 weeks ago I went up to the Renshaw cabin on a Tues. to measure for our new floor and there was 4 guys in the cabin(drunk) and with me measuring still dumped their garbage on the floor. I reminded them that as a vol. we have to clean up after them. They said that we should hire somebody to do the cleaning because they spend alot of $$ in our town and we should be able to afford the cost of Cleaning. 4 of them - one of me I had to let it slide. Only 2 other veh. in parking lot, they were drunk, mountainview rd. only way back to town, bad additude, pissed me off and I had a cell phone. What to do??? There is only a small %% of people like that so we live with it.Barry

Last edited by a moderator:

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything you can do legally, but I have tryed to guilt people into packing out their stuff, but some people just don't care.3 weeks ago I went up to the Renshaw cabin on a Tues. to measure for our new floor and there was 4 guys in the cabin(drunk) and with me measuring still dumped their garbage on the floor. I reminded them that as a vol. we have to clean up after them. They said that we should hire somebody to do the cleaning because they spend alot of $$ in our town and we should be able to afford the cost of Cleaning. 4 of them - one of me I had to let it slid. Only 2 other veh. in parking lot, they were drunk, mountainview rd. only way back to town, bad additude, pissed me off and I had a cell phone. What to do??? There is only a small %% of people like that so we live with it.Barry

Dont worry guys like that will get whats comming to them, when they meet the right person, or persons ;)
I dont put up with crap like that.........period.
I spend all year waitng to ride the hill's so do screw it up lazy idiots,they could shut it all down ya know....then there will be only skiiers,yuk

sledder800

Reaction score
Hats off to you Barry for doing the clean up, but why should you be everyones MOTHER. I have noticed since the cabins were built and garbage cans we put in that everyone just leaves their garbage there instead of "packing it in and out". Prior to these garbage cans being available the majority of sledders would pack out but I have to say that has changed over the years. It is most unfortunate that we have to deal with these so called sledders that come up to the cabin and sit and smoke and drink all day and then try and ride their sleds causing a hazzard to all others that are truly sledders who respect and enjoy the mountain experience. As I have said in previous posts why do these so called respectable people of society leave their brains at home when they come out to McBride? Do you think this isn't noticed by the local people of the community. Lets have some respect for the local community and for the mountains in which we ride!! :realmad:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I don't think there is anything you can do legally, but I have tryed to guilt people into packing out their stuff, but some people just don't care.3 weeks ago I went up to the Renshaw cabin on a Tues. to measure for our new floor and there was 4 guys in the cabin(drunk) and with me measuring still dumped their garbage on the floor. I reminded them that as a vol. we have to clean up after them. They said that we should hire somebody to do the cleaning because they spend alot of $$ in our town and we should be able to afford the cost of Cleaning. 4 of them - one of me I had to let it slid. Only 2 other veh. in parking lot, they were drunk, mountainview rd. only way back to town, bad additude, pissed me off and I had a cell phone. What to do??? There is only a small %% of people like that so we live with it.Barry

Guess if one got back to town before them.... Could give the Law a call with the info, 'Plate number & Auto type & location'. Like you say... Tough to do anything w/4 drunks to one ! One has to be very careful. Those bad attitudes & habits were taught by someone !!?? Makes one wonder about some folks !! :rant: :mad:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all the riders at the Renshaw cabin this past weekend for not leaving it a mess. Looked good on Sun. and hope it can stay that way. Snow was fantastic again and looks like more coming this week. Thanks again riders.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx Barry The Cabin Looked Nice And Clean,the Snow Was Awsome And The Trail Was In Great Shape. Could Not Have Asked For A Better Weekend, A Little Windy On Sunday Other Then That Great. :):):):)

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUESTION???
If we were to close the cabin at Renshaw for 2-3 hours on Thurs. to install a new floor, would that be a big incon. for anybody? Not sure if we can get the plywood up for that day, but we are trying for Thurs.

Top Bottom