Recession just around the corner?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a sister in law living in Valemount that paid WAY more to heat her tiny house in the winter (propane) than I paid to heat my large house here with NG.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Well if we're comparing apples to grapes when I lived where there wasn't NG I heated with wood...

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just Googled it....I was under the impression BC electricity was way cheaper but gas was higher. I was wrong. BC is actually a tiny bit higher for electricity (went to BC Hydro site) than Red Deer (went to Enmax site). Gas is almost exactly the same in Lower mainland (Fortis BC site) as in Red Deer too. They really need to simplify this system...day charge, plus usage charge, plus delivery charge, plus fixed charge....and for AB plus carbon NDP gouge tax soon.

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave ? It's going to be another one of thoughs god dam sir charges on the already list that costs 4 times the amount of consumption .
The product always seems okay but it's all the other crap.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just Googled it....I was under the impression BC electricity was way cheaper but gas was higher. I was wrong. BC is actually a tiny bit higher for electricity (went to BC Hydro site) than Red Deer (went to Enmax site). Gas is almost exactly the same in Lower mainland (Fortis BC site) as in Red Deer too. They really need to simplify this system...day charge, plus usage charge, plus delivery charge, plus fixed charge....and for AB plus carbon NDP gouge tax soon.
I agree, I just want some damn gas all the add-ons are ridiculous. They were created to add cost without having to pass approval with the utilities commission.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, I just want some damn gas all the add-ons are ridiculous. They were created to add cost without having to pass approval with the utilities commission.

Talk about a rigged system. The utility companies get to cover all their costs by charging all the fees and surcharges. The gas and electricity is the smallest amount of the bill and no doubt pure profit for them!!

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard yesterday after 25 year's Gibson's is pulling out of Lloyd. More and more job's lost,
THANK'S f**n NDP................. And yes I am fully aware that the NPD does not control the
price of oil, but they do have a duty to run the province.
They have done nothing except drive away future investment , PILE on another tax on a
group of people that are hurting and have fed a good portion of the rest of the country
for a LONG LONG time.
What's the NDP's plan once the whole province is tim horton's and pizza joint's? Who is
going to buy a 500K house on Min wage?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard yesterday after 25 year's Gibson's is pulling out of Lloyd. More and more job's lost,
THANK'S f**n NDP................. And yes I am fully aware that the NPD does not control the
price of oil, but they do have a duty to run the province.
They have done nothing except drive away future investment , PILE on another tax on a
group of people that are hurting and have fed a good portion of the rest of the country
for a LONG LONG time.
What's the NDP's plan once the whole province is tim horton's and pizza joint's? Who is
going to buy a 500K house on Min wage?

Well I hope her plan is to get our product to market, how is she going to accomplish this??? There is alot of other factors that came into play. That's why there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Right now our only hope is the taps over seas get pinched in.

Will TCPL's recent purchase of a major pipeline in the states help? Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well $50 dollar oil is back, interesting checking out this old thread.
In a few years you will see record oil prices. The capital cuts across the world have been huge, gonna be interesting in a few years!

Top Bottom