Recession just around the corner?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most places (iTrade is one that comes to mind) have some form of simulator where you can use play money, and pretend to invest in real stocks just to get the hang of it. iTrade was taken over / bought out by Scotia Trade and it sucks horribly now. I *MUST* make a trade every quarter or they charge me $25. So, if the market sucks, or I just don't have the cash to be playing with.... too bad.. I have to buy or sell something anyway (at $20 a trade usually), to avoid the $25 fee... I think it should be illegal.
I use TD's Web Broker and there is no minimum trade threshold and only costs $5/trade.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never played stocks before, but may give it a whirl here. Are you guys buying Canadian companies?
The US is projected to have stronger growth than Canada for the next while. The exchange rate buying US stocks pushes me away though. Lose 25% before the stock does anything. Obviously that can come back to you once you sell as long as the Cdn $ stays weak. Still a kick in the pants though.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want to legally invest in laughing lettuce? Buy shares in Aurora Cannabis Inc. Trading on the CSE under ACB. trading for .58 cents today. They are a 10,000sq ft facility located in Cremona just north of Calgary. They have just received certification from the feds and will ramp up to production of 50,000 plants of medical Marijuana. Pffffffffftttttt........!

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CIBC Investors Edge - $6 per trade with no minimums or other charges.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked into acb,and decided with the current government the countries going to **** anyways why not invest in pot,so i did.
Want to legally invest in laughing lettuce? Buy shares in Aurora Cannabis Inc. Trading on the CSE under ACB. trading for .58 cents today. They are a 10,000sq ft facility located in Cremona just north of Calgary. They have just received certification from the feds and will ramp up to production of 50,000 plants of medical Marijuana. Pffffffffftttttt........!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked into acb,and decided with the current government the countries going to **** anyways why not invest in pot,so i did.
Smokin good investment.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the price of oil down there's been a lot of talk about another recession about to go down. What's everyone's thought on it? Is it just media talking or is it going to happen? And will it be as bad as 2008ish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got your answer yet ;-)

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got your answer yet ;-)

Unfortunately I have it! Lol. And I am experiencing it pretty hard right now! I am lucky and still working and things look not to bad for the first month or so I the new year. But at the time I started this thread my shop had 34 guys, 20 day time guys for 10hrs and 14 night time guys 10hrs (give or take a few guys). Now I got 4 guys 32hrs a week! And I am forced to be back on the tools again and it sucks! Lol

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No you can't! Most people are on the zero down 7 year payment plan. They more then the sled is worth.

Had a buddy trying to buy one privately that ran into that. The kid selling it owed 2 grand more than he was getting out of it and he was trying to get the bank to take the difference off his credit card. The guy buying finally walked because the deal was headed for a train wreck.

Top Bottom