Re: THese city boys use Moving Vans to come to Whitecourt

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Funny, sounds like a bunch of heli-skiers on here. You whine when the heli-skiers take over an area because now YOU can't ride there. The fact is that unless ASRD, who own the land NOT the sled club, say that no ATVs are allowed on the trails, then they are legally allowed. Sure, it shows disrespect to those that have spent a lot of money and time grooming the trails, but one poster on here said that the OHVA association should help clear the trails in the fall, etc. But then would that mean that sledders would have no objection to quads being on the trails? I highly doubt it. Is the issue that the quadders don't help with the trails, or that they rut them up? Which one is it??? I'm not trying to start a fight with sledders on here, because I sled too, but death threats, threats of vandalism, etc?? What is wrong with some of you people? When the anti sledding people talk of vandalism, etc, sledders are shocked, but will then turn around and act the same way?
I'm not sure that a heli ski outfit that has done nothing to improve an area, causing closure so sledders are no longer able to use the area, is quite the same as a snowmobile club spending man years of volunteer hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars to create a trail system, which by the way other ohv users ride in the off season. The trails wouldn't exist if the snowmobile club didn't build them. Complete lack of respect for the efforts folks does seem to bring out the worst in people.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure that a heli ski outfit that has done nothing to improve an area, causing closure so sledders are no longer able to use the area, is quite the same as a snowmobile club spending man years of volunteer hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars to create a trail system, which by the way other ohv users ride in the off season. The trails wouldn't exist if the snowmobile club didn't build them. Complete lack of respect for the efforts folks does seem to bring out the worst in people.
Certainly there are some differences and I'm sure that it is very frustrating for you folks to put in the time to have a smooth trail then have it rutted up. Does this kind of thing happen often there? I wonder if these guys thought it was late enough in the season there wouldn't be an issue? I think the threats though are a bit over the top, but I know it's easy to spout off on the internet with no intention of actually carrying through with it. Seems like the perpetrators will be able to be identified and perhaps a good talking to these guys may help, you never know. They should at least be made aware of how pissed people are at them if nothing else. They may hesitate to do it again if they know.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Certainly there are some differences and I'm sure that it is very frustrating for you folks to put in the time to have a smooth trail then have it rutted up. Does this kind of thing happen often there? I wonder if these guys thought it was late enough in the season there wouldn't be an issue? I think the threats though are a bit over the top, but I know it's easy to spout off on the internet with no intention of actually carrying through with it. Seems like the perpetrators will be able to be identified and perhaps a good talking to these guys may help, you never know. They should at least be made aware of how pissed people are at them if nothing else. They may hesitate to do it again if they know.
Hopefully some of them read this thread. May get the point across.

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well isn't funny, I was just checking out up dates as to what conditions are like in Swan Hills and there's a guy on that thread talking about taking his quad up there this weekend with his buddies. Further to that in other forums he is discussing about riding the frozen trails.

Brandon Schreiner

Reaction score

What was being said in the thread that got deleted?!
quadders wrecking the trails that get groomed
not a huuuge deal its land for everyone to use
just be respectful

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just be respectful

They said those quaders in particlar were raised by challenged parents and video games. Considering you just joined and also believe it to be no huuuge deal. I'm guessing you know exactly whats been said.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

just be respectful

This specific land is sanctioned with AESRD for Snowmobile use only, not ATV. At the same time the Snowmobile club has put thousands and thousands of man hours into developing and maintaining these trails (removing tree's, filling ruts, grooming, etc) as such they are labelled and sanctioned as SNOWMOBILE trails, not OHV. This means the trails are to be used only by Snowmobiles, not ATV's or UTV's. If the ATV/UTV users are respectful, and don't tear the chit out of these trails, the usage goes un-noticed. If they rip & tear & chew the chit out of the trail (as was done) and its easy to do when its warm, the trail becomes unsafe to be used by snowmobilers. These trails are built for families to have a safe place to go out and ride now that they are rutted out by these ATV's and UTV's they are no longer safe for families to go out and enjoy.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Quadders don't care if sledders use trails in summer. Why you gotta be so greedy?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

By the way that was a joke for the people here that have no sense of humor.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Quadders don't care if sledders use trails in summer. Why you gotta be so greedy?

Quadders would be upset if snowmobilers never cleared the trails for snowmobile use. Hard for them to get over all those trees that came down this winter. In the history I have quadders don't do to much trail work Hunters do more to open up cutlines. JMHO

jjack

Banned
Reaction score

well if anyone is interested ill post on here what things look like in swan hills tomorrow afternoon,but I would say the stageing area is going to be a mudd bogg so maybe qudds will be out this week end

jjack

Banned
Reaction score

come on glen I really doubt quadders would be upset if sledders didn't clear the trails.Also I doubt that quadders qould be upset that sledders use the bridges tillthe snow bridges are in.I do my share of clearing in the summer ..I,ve also taken a 65000$ hoe out in the summer and fixed problem areas at my own expense.So lets atleaset keep it honest.

And what does AESRD STAND FOR?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

come on glen I really doubt quadders would be upset if sledders didn't clear the trails.Also I doubt that quadders qould be upset that sledders use the bridges tillthe snow bridges are in.I do my share of clearing in the summer ..I,ve also taken a 65000$ hoe out in the summer and fixed problem areas at my own expense.So lets atleaset keep it honest.

Albert Environment and Sustainable Resource Development

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

And who actually saw the land chewed up and saw these riders
?

My guess is either the groomer operators or the guys that sit out there and sell the trail passes.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Hats off to you for doing your part to open and maintain trails, we need more people like you out there that see the big picture and that we all need to do our part to keep these trail areas open & maintained!

Glen wasn't pointing his finger at you, it was a general comment.

jjack

Banned
Reaction score

I know he wasn't,but things are getting kind of one sided on here for quadders,this is s/m not just snow.Acctually im a sledder first quads are to slow for me but still ride one in the summer.I actually owe glen and the every one from the snow angles a bit of a apolgy.Glen didn,t see my message in time the last trip to the hills so he never responded to me but I new who they were on sat in the hills,I should have said hellow and offerd to take every body out but I really wanted a good days powder well at least deep snow.Was thinking last ride of the year with the weather turning warm.

I normally would of had the chili dogs waiting at the creek crossing for who ever came up the tct on fri.I doe these things so people don't have a good day,instead they have a great day and want to come back.

Top Bottom