Re: THese city boys use Moving Vans to come to Whitecourt

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya, but is it legal signage? Like Fernie said, we have the same problems here. We can put up all the signs we want, but there's no legislation to support it so no way to enforce it. Happens on our trails in the spring too. Government in BC is dropping the ball big time. How about Alberta?
I'm not sure what "legal signage" consists of, but it is signed, and SRD will either levy big fines or confiscate your machine if you're caught in there

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure what "legal signage" consists of, but it is signed, and SRD will either levy big fines or confiscate your machine if you're caught in there

If they can levy fines or confiscate then I'm thinking it must be legal. Sure wish we had that!

jjack

Banned
Reaction score

every bodys having problems with why this thread was pulled,well death threats and all that good stuff,and here we go agin, some one posts where this truck is,some one else thinks he,s going to teach them a lesson finds truck lossens wheels wheels come off on hiway hit mini van mom and 4 kids killed.Who is responsible.

Make sure your brains are loaded before you shoot your mouth off.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If they can levy fines or confiscate then I'm thinking it must be legal. Sure wish we had that!
I should add that it is in summer that it is banned to wheeled vehicles, I'm not sure what could be done should an ATV run on the groomed trail during the winter season....it is crown land after all

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

every bodys having problems with why this thread was pulled,well death threats and all that good stuff,and here we go agin, some one posts where this truck is,some one else thinks he,s going to teach them a lesson finds truck lossens wheels wheels come off on hiway hit mini van mom and 4 kids killed.Who is responsible.

Make
sure your brains are loaded before you shoot your mouth off.

This post should be banned it is putting ideas in peoples heads and it hurt my feelings

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

......or like the picture of the baby holding the milk carton in the Humorous Picture Thread

Ya, that's kind of a bad one...I'm shocked it's still there.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I should add that it is in summer that it is banned to wheeled vehicles, I'm not sure what could be done should an ATV run on the groomed trail during the winter season....it is crown land after all

That creates a problem for sled trails. Just guessing here. It's probably legislated as "motorized" winter, "non-motorized" summer.....so no way to enforce a quad ban. This happens a lot when not enough thought goes into regulations, or they don't keep up to changing technologies.

I'm also guessing it wouldn't be open at all if a snowmobile club hadn't fought for it.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Good topic of discussion for the ASA spring meeting I think :)

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Recreation Corridor Review was dealing with issues like this. This has been worked on for years. I think it got mothballed for now because AOHVA would not buy into the process. Without motorized groups support the government put it on hold. What does the AOHVA say about this thread??? Would be nice to see their views on this.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

recreation corridor review was dealing with issues like this. This has been worked on for years. I think it got mothballed for now because aohva would not buy into the process. Without motorized groups support the government put it on hold. What does the aohva say about this thread??? Would be nice to see their views on this.

glen... The other thread that has been put into moderation should be the thread aohva needs to see........

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Make sure your brains are loaded before you shoot your mouth off.
Funny, sounds like a bunch of heli-skiers on here. You whine when the heli-skiers take over an area because now YOU can't ride there. The fact is that unless ASRD, who own the land NOT the sled club, say that no ATVs are allowed on the trails, then they are legally allowed. Sure, it shows disrespect to those that have spent a lot of money and time grooming the trails, but one poster on here said that the OHVA association should help clear the trails in the fall, etc. But then would that mean that sledders would have no objection to quads being on the trails? I highly doubt it. Is the issue that the quadders don't help with the trails, or that they rut them up? Which one is it??? I'm not trying to start a fight with sledders on here, because I sled too, but death threats, threats of vandalism, etc?? What is wrong with some of you people? When the anti sledding people talk of vandalism, etc, sledders are shocked, but will then turn around and act the same way?

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is there a copy or link to view this legislation? The difference between guys saying its there and posting the actual document might help the fight.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Funny, sounds like a bunch of heli-skiers on here. You whine when the heli-skiers take over an area because now YOU can't ride there. The fact is that unless ASRD, who own the land NOT the sled club, say that no ATVs are allowed on the trails, then they are legally allowed. Sure, it shows disrespect to those that have spent a lot of money and time grooming the trails, but one poster on here said that the OHVA association should help clear the trails in the fall, etc. But then would that mean that sledders would have no objection to quads being on the trails? I highly doubt it. Is the issue that the quadders don't help with the trails, or that they rut them up? Which one is it??? I'm not trying to start a fight with sledders on here, because I sled too, but death threats, threats of vandalism, etc?? What is wrong with some of you people? When the anti sledding people talk of vandalism, etc, sledders are shocked, but will then turn around and act the same way?

You say uour a sledder. So lets ride a groomed trail for a half day that is so smoothe and sweet. Then u come to a stretch where a group of quads and s x sides have ripped down. Fishtailing and digging ruts 10" deep. It just ruins a great ride. Now its one thing to live by that trail and ride it. But to load up on a weekend with 10 dicks and plan to travel to and ride groomed sled trails in the snowmobile capital is unbelievable....

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nice how you totally ignore the jist of my post.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I regularly follow x country ski trails on my sled. I do it as I have no way around. BUT I make an effort to not wreck the work they put in to their trail. I go slow and minimize gouges across it. Its called respect. Its sad that we have to legislate respect and common sense but as long as douchebags keep breeding and keep doing what they want because they have the quote/unquote right to do so we end up with more stupid laws. Don't be a douche.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jjack

Banned
Reaction score

I came on this site to find people to go sledding with for information on where and when rides are happening tec info and that kind of stuff.not to sure if getting a lot of people on here together would be a good idea.

Any way when I go sledding I generally take off into the bush I ride all over never have any problems with land owners or any other people because I rarely ever see any other people,nobody seems to ever leave the trails.I don't do the triangle because its groomed I,m riding a deep snow sled don't want to burn my track off.Any body I ride with doesn't want to be on trails for the same reson.But most riders on the trail are riding mountain sleds.Personaly and this is my own thing I,m not sure why we have so much effort put into the trails if every one wants snow to ride in.I,m not aginst trails but I find all the fun is in the obesticals.Swan hills trails this year are unbelievable 2 lane hiways smoth as glass really nice job and great if your a trail rider,but then the speed limits kind of kill all the fun in that kind of riding.

so can some body explaine to me why we do all this trail building why not just put the trail in the ditch along roads.when I was young we didn't have groomed trails,some one broke trail and every one else followed and we had great fun.

Top Bottom