RCMP Stopping Sleds HWY 16 East

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
West of the city they seem more lienient... as long as your legal and not acting a fool your fine...

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which sucks i know parkland has a lot of stupid laws but at least the are kinda lienient on quads and sleds. all though we do have some areas that are no atv zones as voted buy there residents usally people that have nothing better to do that complain

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live next to the Ministik gas station, I know the owners and with that I've learnt that from the pad the pumps are on to the lake is PRIVATE PROPERTY, I have watched many of times the cops drive behind the gas station, and park beside the building. I asked the owner of the Tempo station if they had his permission to come onto private property, to which he reply'd no. He then called the county and let them know they're law enforcement officers were breaking the law. Never saw them again for the rest of the year. haven't seen them yet this year,

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live next to the Ministik gas station, I know the owners and with that I've learnt that from the pad the pumps are on to the lake is PRIVATE PROPERTY, I have watched many of times the cops drive behind the gas station, and park beside the building. I asked the owner of the Tempo station if they had his permission to come onto private property, to which he reply'd no. He then called the county and let them know they're law enforcement officers were breaking the law. Never saw them again for the rest of the year. haven't seen them yet this year,

that information is false. highway 14 like ANY other highway has a right of way that extends 15-20 meteres from the shoulder of the road. from here that rrigh of way must meet up with the private property which is the gas station.

same deal on RR14 that is a 20.12m righaway which means there is about 7 meters of ditch which is part of the roadway or public property.THAT extends to the lake boundry which is crown. and thats not including possible future road widening right of ways that may be in place that i dont know about.

unless your talking about something else....

Last edited:

36dodge

Reaction score
i also live on 204 but in beaver county we cant ride the ditches but they want us to ride the roads strange or what ?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I Really wouldn't want mine recovered after its been stolen...Here's your sled back after some Douch-bag just rode the chit out of it . Thanks but no thanks I would rather have the insurance money and buy a new one.

So you would just rather drive up peoples insurance rates than taxes.. Thanks for your input.. verry constructive.

Overthehill

Reaction score
So you would just rather drive up peoples insurance rates than taxes.. Thanks for your input.. verry constructive.

Am I missing something here? Seems to me I pay a whole lot more in taxes and get less than I do in insurance. Having been a victim of theft myself, I foolishly accepted my stolen merchandise back after insurance paid for the repairs. It was never the same and the repair shop made a killing off the insurance with their markup in the costs of the repairs. Believe me, if it ever happens again I hope they never find it. You buy insurance for that very reason and insurance companies have already compensated for it in their rates. It's their business.

Where I live we have a bylaw that allows us to ride our quads and sleds in town but only to fuel up or to get to an area to ride. Anyone caught riding in an unsafe or disrespectful manner or without the proper paperwork will be fined if they are ever stopped. respect deserves respect.

Just my 2c.

animal jim

Reaction score
Tri-County snowmobile club has been trying to get a corridor going up rr214 for the last couple of years. They even arranged a meeting in ardrossen to try to get Glen Lawrence ousted because he is the biggest dip#### But not alot of people came out and the jerk got back in. They even had support from one of the other candidates, but until that riding gets rid of Glen then the law will never change

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tri-County snowmobile club has been trying to get a corridor going up rr214 for the last couple of years. They even arranged a meeting in ardrossen to try to get Glen Lawrence ousted because he is the biggest dip#### But not alot of people came out and the jerk got back in. They even had support from one of the other candidates, but until that riding gets rid of Glen then the law will never change

Lawrence is gone, Bonnie Riddel is in................who know what the future holds:confused:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

glen lawrence is one step. the next is strathcona country council.

1 step forward ten steps back. talk about painfull

speaking of the corridor.....

absolutely rediculous the amount of $ being wasted with consulting firms etcetc just to apease a few unhappy landowners. you purchased your land between the 2 busiest snowmobile areas in the county..what did you think was going to happen

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Top Bottom