RAM ECO Diesel mileage

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hy·dro·car·bon
ˈhīdrəˌkärbən/
nounCHEMISTRY

[COLOR=#878787 !important]noun: hydrocarbon; plural noun: hydrocarbons[/COLOR]

• a compound of hydrogen and carbon, such as any of those that are the chief components of petroleum and natural gas.
yup....diesel is a hydrocarbon

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx Clode
I guess tex Ritter has never taken a fuel cap of a piece of equipment that has been working ?
Take the cap of and light a match and see what happens.
No don't !!! Lol
Seem a dumb **** do it with a lighter checking fuel level on scraper and burnt himself pretty bad.
Dark out .

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look a few posts of mine retards, diesels don't have evaporated emissions... No carbon canister to trap vapors to reburn , un burnt hydrocarbons from vapors

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So STFU fawkers, Friggin no it all's

Guess ya don't

Lbz posted about canisters, I added more info

Never said sh!t about filling a diesel up to high, I fill mine right up toothed top of the tube, then wait for the foam and do it again

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Part of it to allow air space for the expansion of the fuel, this will keep the tank from pressuring up.

Plus, who wants to wait 5 minutes for the guy in front to top off with another 5 liters?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2009 ram 1500 when the pump clicks off its full! I was like you when I first got it, I tried to get few more litres in. But with those trucks you only get about 10 cents more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Awesome to know, i thought that but i also thought it was the foam and the fuel line bend.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the vapors emitted when u take the cap off ur gas fuel tank

Diesel don't have it really , hence y diesels don't have a evap system

So stuff that up ur azz, smart azz

Hey you lippy bass-turd, was just wondering if you realized that gasoline and diesel are both hydrocarbons. That's all.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey you lippy bass-turd, was just wondering if you realized that gasoline and diesel are both hydrocarbons. That's all.
Oh ya, definitely the way u said it was being a smart azz

If it wasn't, well then i retract my statement towards u....

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look a few posts of mine retards, diesels don't have evaporated emissions... No carbon canister to trap vapors to reburn , un burnt hydrocarbons from vapors

nope, I am not handicapped, I was able to spell hydrocarbon, read the definition, and determine it is indeed a hydrocarbon all on my own but thanks for the input

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope, I am not handicapped, I was able to spell hydrocarbon, read the definition, and determine it is indeed a hydrocarbon all on my own but thanks for the input
Obviously u couldn't read the posts before.... Cause then u would have seen nothing said about diesel hydrocarbons.....

But gas hydrocarbons and issues with them from filling them up too far

Last edited:

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you are the guys that fiddle about filling yer trucks up at the diesel fill stations...:realmad:
When it goes 'clunk' and stops. I stop. Pay and get going back on the trail.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Random question that might have already been asked, but I'm assuming the small diesel still has all the emissions stuff?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
16.6 L/100 km pulling a 2 place out to valemont. Have 46000 Kms already. So far the truck has been awesome. My brother in law has one also had one minor hiccup with a code but a recall cleaned it up. Empty avg around 10 l/100 km in the winter. My brothers Chevy is avg 13 L/100 km city driving in edmonton and best on the hiway is 11 l/100

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 183

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife's new Eco Diesel. Only been a few days but what cool little engine, pulls this thing around quite nicely. Same set up as the Ram, 3.0 with the 8 speed.
image.jpg

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 10.4L/100km on my last empty trip from Calgary to Revy and back. That's moving at a pretty decent clip too.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
16.6 L/100 km pulling a 2 place out to valemont. Have 46000 Kms already. So far the truck has been awesome. My brother in law has one also had one minor hiccup with a code but a recall cleaned it up. Empty avg around 10 l/100 km in the winter. My brothers Chevy is avg 13 L/100 km city driving in edmonton and best on the hiway is 11 l/100

Suprised ur bros best was 11/100km. Ive gotten as low as 9.1/100km in my 14 sierra

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suprised ur bros best was 11/100km. Ive gotten as low as 9.1/100km in my 14 sierra

I immediately regret replying to this thread!

I get 3L/100km gliding downhill with a tailwind...
I rode in 3' of fresh snow today with my 300 horsepower big bore....
My d**k well, let me tell you it's as big around as a soup can and twice as long!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I immediately regret replying to this thread!

I get 3L/100km gliding downhill with a tailwind...
I rode in 3' of fresh snow today with my 300 horsepower big bore....
My d**k well, let me tell you it's as big around as a soup can and twice as long!

He wasn't even replying to you lol.... If it makes you feel any better, my 14 Ecoboost is sitting at 18.1L/100km right now.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom