Queston: Can you put a turbo on a 1999 ski-doo summit 600?

fcf89

Reaction score
I have been looking all over the internet trying to find some information on this but I cant find anything. I just bought my first sled, obviously a 99 ski-doo summit 600 but I want to modify it. i really want to put a turbo on it. please help!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I WOULD CALL RORY AT PURE ADDICTION MOTORSPORTS.... HE IS AN OFFICIAL SUPPORTING VENDOR OF THIS SITE..... 405-3458 ....... I THINK HE JUST DID A 600 A LITTLE WHILE AGO.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 12 years ago I seen a S body Summit at the Calgary Snowmobile Club swap meet that was tricked out and it had a turbo kit and it had the outrageous price of $ 15,000.00 attched to it:eek: I think if you check out Specialty Sleds, Pure Addictoin Motor Sports, Absolute Power or Racers Edge they should be able to help you or point you in the right direction.

Billy Boy:cool:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 12 years ago I seen a S body Summit at the Calgary Snowmobile Club swap meet that was tricked out and it had a turbo kit and it had the outrageous price of $ 15,000.00 attched to it:eek: I think if you check out Specialty Sleds, Pure Addictoin Motor Sports, Absolute Power or Racers Edge they should be able to help you or point you in the right direction.

It wasnt purple and white by chance with a 670 in it was it.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been looking all over the internet trying to find some information on this but I cant find anything. I just bought my first sled, obviously a 99 ski-doo summit 600 but I want to modify it. i really want to put a turbo on it. please help!!

Well I'll be the first to say it... Don't!! As you said it is your first sled... I would strongly advise you to stay stock. You have a great old sled there and adding a turbo just might make your Sledding experience a nightmare. Leave the "Turbo Mods" to the guys that know their stuff. Ride your 600 the way it is and maybe later you might want to tinker in the Mod arena! Start with something simpler and cheaper instead of a turbo? :twocents:

I don't mean to disscourage you, just trying to help you out!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I have to agree with Scotty on this one, your money would be better spent looking for a 800 rather than spending it on a turbo.
Check out the options very carefully before spending your cash on the turbo 600. Just my 2 cents worth....
Well I'll be the first to say it... Don't!! As you said it is your first sled... I would strongly advise you to stay stock. You have a great old sled there and adding a turbo just might make your Sledding experience a nightmare. Leave the "Turbo Mods" to the guys that know their stuff. Ride your 600 the way it is and maybe later you might want to tinker in the Mod arena! Start with something simpler and cheaper instead of a turbo? :twocents:

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hate to say it but these guys are right throw a can on have a good time and learn what you can make the sled do... Remember 90% of the people out there cant ride there stock sled to its potential let alone a turbo... good example when I was guiding two up guests rode Poo 550 fans then would complain there sled sucked... now when I would go for a rip on it and show them how hard it could be pushed they had different ideas... its your first sled play enjoy and when you upgrade go to an 800 and learn that then maybe a turbo....

Have fun!!!

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dean670 I can't remember the color but it did have a mesh screen hood and I was pretty sure it had the 670 Rotax in it. All I could think of is what will they do next with these sleds??? Heck I was so excited I had just bought a pair heated grips for my 88 MXLT. Things have come a long way since then!!!!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but these guys are right throw a can on have a good time and learn what you can make the sled do... Remember 90% of the people out there cant ride there stock sled to its potential let alone a turbo... good example when I was guiding two up guests rode Poo 550 fans then would complain there sled sucked... now when I would go for a rip on it and show them how hard it could be pushed they had different ideas... its your first sled play enjoy and when you upgrade go to an 800 and learn that then maybe a turbo....

Have fun!!!

Haha, I used to have a old indy sport 440 and damn did i make that thing go places when i learnt how to ride it. Now i ride an 800

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fcf89... If my opinion counts for anything, I would encourage you to get out there a enjoy your sled the way it is. You can always tinker later :rolleyes: Like Sledbunny & Shifty423 said maybe upgrade to an 800 instead of modding your 600? Better yet.. upgrade to a Cat and then you don't have to worry about all the mods!!! :D:D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Scotty, whats that about...Cats....
fcf89... If my opinion counts for anything, I would encourage you to get out there a enjoy your sled the way it is. You can always tinker later :rolleyes: Like Shifty423 said maybe upgrade to an 800 instead of modding your 600? Better yet.. upgrade to a Cat and then you don't have to worry about all the mods!!! :D:D

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledbunny... Rucky... How can I say this?..... "Upgrading" means to take a step in a positive, upward direction, to improve upon on your existing posession. If I had a dictionary handy I might be able to expound on the definition? :confused: (and maybe improve my spelling?) :)

Anyhow... I never meant to confuse you guys or cause any sort of mental greif for you. My appologies to you both. Enjoy your current rides... Ignorance is Bliss!!! :D :D

:):):)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Bahhh, how can you say that Scotty....Improving doesn't include Cat...lol...
The youth of our society is so easily manipulated....Cats...that just funny...Check out the video I posted today on sledbunnyracing.com....the one with the Cat doing a slol in to a tree...big tree...lol...
Cheers.
Sledbunny... Rucky... How can I say this?..... "Upgrading" means to take a step in a positive, upward direction, to improve upon on your existing posession. If I had a dictionary handy I might be able to expound on the definition? :confused: (and maybe improve my spelling?) :)

Anyhow... I never meant to confuse you guys or cause any sort of mental greif for you. My appologies to you both. Enjoy your current rides... Ignorance is Bliss!!! :D :D

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Anyhow... I never meant to confuse you guys or cause any sort of mental greif for you. My appologies to you both. Enjoy your current rides... Ignorance is Bliss!!!

Scotty, you're about the most blissful person I've never met.:D:D:PDT_hah::PDT_hah::PDT_hah:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well since i have the same sled i might as well say something, like everyone else is saying the turbo is probly not the best upgrade for that sled...

however... i have mine tweaked very well now. here are some things i did which i think made a world of diferance and i have put many miles on with these mods and not a singe problem..

-dynoport can and stinger...jet up to a 540 main jet.(noticed major gains)
-wiseco pistons, and a 1mm overbore kit. (woke the sled right up)
-i lightened mine up a bit with the hood and seat, probly saved 30 lbs by gutting headlight and guages.
- boondocker nitrous system. i cant beleive how well this works on this sled.
- and possibly a digatron to monitor your modifications.

now with these mods, i absolutely destroy any 800 with a can, hard to beleive maybe but ive raced probly 10 new 800 revs.

so basicaly you can spend 5 grand to be the same , or upgrade to an 800 mill hahaha.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jet up to 540???? seems way fat.
I call b/s on beating an 800 with any 600 unless it's a turbo. The 600 puts out maybe 115hp new.
An 800 is putting down 155 hp

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The youth of our society is so easily manipulated....Cats...that just funny...Check out the video I posted today on sledbunnyracing.com....the one with the Cat doing a slol in to a tree...big tree...lol...
Cheers.

See You on the 29th bunnyboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!LMAO!
Ever seen a Kitty eat Poo? LOL!
catmando!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheers.

LOL :D I'll checkout your video... thanks! :D

Top Bottom