quading at hell's half acre

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Hey guys that looks like good riding, how do we get there?

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.......bwahahaha
Yellowhead west to RR25 (2 miles west of the hwy43 whitecourt GP exit)
North on RR25...dead end is the staging area. If you run into Sgt.Dwight Dawn, you don't know who or Where I am.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I thought HHA was closed down???

Like I said...I'm not sure exactly where HHA is...when I moved to the subdivision and began riding out there the guys on the trails called it HHA.
This place is at the dead end of RR25 north from Hwy 16. (one access point)
Be very hard for them to shut this area down as there are many many ways in. I know they have started locking the gate to the pumpjack where people used to stage but there are other staging areas.
I imagine you can hit it from the rest stop on the north side of hwy16 just past the hwy 43 exit. and just head north in the ditch to lakewood drive then in through the subdivision.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought HHA was closed down???

I had heard that too but being stubborn went out to check it out anyway. Everything was wide open and after my visit with the local constabulary it is definately open. The access from the pumpjack on heatherdown rd is closed to vehicles but still ok by quad. RR 24 gate still there but reduced parking as there is now a driveway there (please close gate). RR 25 residents are trying to block access but still can not (is it worth the hassle with so many other ways in?) RR30 wide open access and reasonable parking. And you can ride from many different locations and acces points. It is legal in the County of Parkland to road ride (rural routes and range roads) with speed limit of 50km single file direction of traffic, if in the ditch speed limit is 30km

yamadoo

Reaction score
Couple of us went up R.R. 24 late last fall and called a number on the gate there,fella said that it was part of his land and didn't mind us riding there,as long as we RESPECTED it. Since then been through the trails on the Outlaw rally's:d .Ya read the problems other county's close to the city here have with us people rippin around,makes me happy that Parkland is still pretty open about us doing our things!

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going there this weekend! Hope our pics compare to yours, will send pics of carnage when done! LOL

cool hope you have as much fun as we did i'll have to get ahold of bogger and see what he's up to this weekend. . .

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh well got to let them have some fun too i guess. i was a scout once. the camping trips were the best part of the orginization. just for curiosity sakes, do they still hold the canadian jamboire i went to thunderbay for CJ 97 what a blast that was.

i put the new tires on my quad today the ones i got from shreck. and we went out to brutal hime. OH MY GOD what a difference. shes a whole new animal. when it got stuck it was either because it was high centered or because it got STUCK the stuff i went through blew my mind.fun fun fun can't wait till your ready for the next ride. sorry no pics we forgot the camera :rant:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Who's at hha this weekend?

Can't ride this weekend...Have a campout with the scouts at fort edmonton park....I'd love to skip out but they tell me it's for the kids....first real nice weekend of the year and I get to spend it at dry camp...sunday afternoon I may go for a ride then toss back a dozen beer and BBQ

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you do decide to head out on sunday let us know michelle has sunday off:beer:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh well got to let them have some fun too i guess. i was a scout once. the camping trips were the best part of the orginization. just for curiosity sakes, do they still hold the canadian jamboire i went to thunderbay for CJ 97 what a blast that was.

i put the new tires on my quad today the ones i got from shreck. and we went out to brutal hime. OH MY GOD what a difference. shes a whole new animal. when it got stuck it was either because it was high centered or because it got STUCK the stuff i went through blew my mind.fun fun fun can't wait till your ready for the next ride. sorry no pics we forgot the camera :rant:

hey mallard , glad they fit , so i guess i can spend the cash , lol , make sure you retorque them for the next couple rides

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip they were intresting to get on but they fit so thats all that matters

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tires are a wonderfull thing eh?Best Mod you can put a a Quad!Have to go out with you guys to HHA sometime.My budd lives real close and can unload in his yard!Another couple weeks and it is bottomless!
catmando!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went quading with bogger and friends today. Totally was awesome. We snapped a tie rod end, burnt out a fan, tried to fry a quad, made some new friends all in the same go. Pretty good if you ask me. Some nice deep holes, lots of beautiful, beautiful mud, and to top it all off...the wonderful son of a biatch even cooked us some BBQ and scalloped tatos by the wife. Just wanted to tell em thanks, and if anyone has a chance to go quading with bogger, jump all over it because he is a wonderful feller. Didn't take as many pics as I would have liked, but here's a couple.:beer::d:beer:

View attachment 21038
View attachment 21039
View attachment 21040
View attachment 21041
I thought you were riding around Turner valley until I read some more posts, So this place is around Alberta Beach? I'm curious How did it get it's name? Looks like a good place to ride

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you want to go to a place where you are constantly stuck or just want a major chalange HHA is the place bogger can explain it better as ive only quaded there this winter and once in the thaw he tells me that "in the thick of it" it can take a full day just to travel 3 km's lots of fun when your there in a group but can be a real nightmare if your there by yourself.

and yes catmando the tires where the best thing i could have ever done for the quad.:d

Top Bottom