Hells Half Acre, Rather disappointed...

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is probably not what you were expecting.
My son and I went out to Hells Half Acre today and I was somewhat disappointed in what I saw. We have been out there 3-4 times and rather like the place. Every time we go we find something new. (New to us anyway)
So today I couldn't help but notice that there was litter just about any where ya went. Socks, a rain coat, beer cans in the bush, beer cans stuck on twigs, beer cans laying beside the trail, juice bottles, shoes, boots. Then to top it off 3 or 4 - 4x4's (A Toyota Land Cruiser, Jeep Cherokee, Toyota flat deck came in. Left the gate open, Sign clearly asks to keep gate closed. So off me and my son go on our way. A while later we came across the same crew on a trail cutting down trees as there was no way around in the On Road Vehicles and several of them standing around drinking beer while the lead tried to work his way through.
Now I have no problem with 4x4's but I wasn't impressed with the drinking and tree cutting. The first 2 times we went we called the owner as the sign asks. Each time I was asked to keep the gate closed, leave no litter and don't cut any trees down. I was then told that I have checked in a couple of times that I didn't need to do that anymore as they could see that I respected their requests. Clearly this group did nothing what so ever to respect the owners wishes. I wouldn't blame the owner at all if he shut the place down if he were to go through and see what I saw. I suspect that not all of the land there is his but I suspect you have to cross his land to get to crown land.
I admit I didn't pick up any trash but I made a promise to myself that next time I go out I will take a garbage bag and pick up as I go. From now on a garbage bag will be a requirement every time I go out and I will leave with more than I came with.

I am not looking to start a flame war between any group what so ever. There are lots of responsible people that don't operate this way. But there is an element that really doesn't give a rats a$$ what they do and the affect it may have. I can see why areas get shut down and why some groups fight to close areas and really I can't blame them if other areas are treated like this one. Which I am sure they are.

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Packin a camera is also a good idea;Next time take some picks with plate numbers and post on here!!

friggen douchebags...

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Packin a camera is also a good idea;Next time take some picks with plate numbers and post on here!!

friggen douchebags...

I actually had my camcorder and had thought about it, but thought it would have been too obvious. As I rode away I thought about discretely going back for a shot but kept going. I know I have no excuse.

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one please, don't get me wrong. I am not blaming this group for all the beer cans littered about. Just the tree cutting and the beer drinking. INow I know that there are a few routes around HHA that is big enough for these types of vehicles but these bozo's were not on trails big enough for them. Hence the tree cutting.

Top Bottom