Bruderheim/ Hell half acre

Heli

Reaction score
Looking to test out my new Kingquad750 this sunday,

AS of a couple of weeks ago i was advised to stay away from Bruderheim because of the fires, wondering if anybody has been out there lately or has any updated news about riding out there this weekend.

Hells Half acres, what type of riding is out there? good quadding trails? is it that easy to find north off highway 16 on RR24 and stage at the end?

Thanks

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

AS of a couple of weeks ago i was advised to stay away from Bruderheim because of the fires, wondering if anybody has been out there lately or has any updated news about riding out there this weekend.

Hells Half acres, what type of riding is out there? good quadding trails? is it that easy to find north off highway 16 on RR24 and stage at the end?

Thanks

I went dirtbiking just out behind the Scotford plant on Saturday, didn't have any problems..still a little burnt but you can stage here and ride the trails all the way to Bruderhiem..approx 25 mins by quad/bike. I prefer to go to Scotford than Bruderhiem, don't think it's as common but lots of trails there too.

Hell's Half Acre is super easy to get to, and yes good for quads I would think, I dirtbike out there now and then and there is lots of mud. a bit of combination between soft dirt/hard pack trails.. and yes you just turn right off 16 onto RR24 until it comes to a dead end and you can go through the gate on the left and stage there.

Heli

Reaction score
Thanks for the info,

You said at the dead end you go throught the gates, is this a designated staging area for riders, just dont want to get busted for treaspassing or something like that if you know what i mean.

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info,

You said at the dead end you go throught the gates, is this a designated staging area for riders, just dont want to get busted for treaspassing or something like that if you know what i mean.

Yeah there is a sign there that says to call a number to ask for permission to ride, but from what I know this place is a designated riding area. I have never called before but there is always people there when I go riding and some call and some don't. Apparently some residents are a bit upset about the garbage left lying around in this area so make sure you clean up after yourself. There are other forums on this site regarding this issue and some of the residents have posted info in these forums.

Samson14

Reaction score
As far as i know, hwy 16 off to the right up RR24 your not allowed to quad there cause its a leased wildlife reserve, there's no OHV's allowed as far as i know, i hunt in there, there used to be a sign on the fence thats had the name of the person who leases the land with his number so i called him and he said he can't prevent hunting or walking but can prevent OHV's. Maybe he just said that because he didn't want people in there but again thats just my understanding, just make sure that where you go your allowed do your own research cause a 500$ fine will for sure ruin a quad trip.Can someone confirm if you are or if your not allowed to quad there cause it would sure make my hunting much easier if you can quad there.

Samson14

Reaction score
The person i called also said that the parkland county website had on it that you were allowed to quad but he said that that info was not correct and he called them numerous times to get them to remove it,not sure if thats true or not. this was last year, it may be changed now.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
You can quad back in HHH no problem. The locals on RR24 are just getting tired of all the quadders and are less than friendly towards them. Over the last 4 years the number of riders seems to quadrupled so I can kind of understand their point. The trails also used to be quite flat now they're all rutted up.

If you go back there just try not to increase the rutting problem by driving on top of the berms if possible and please pack out what you pack in. :beer::d:beer: Oh and this time of year DO watch for hunters!! :eek:

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as i know, hwy 16 off to the right up RR24 your not allowed to quad there cause its a leased wildlife reserve, there's no OHV's allowed as far as i know, i hunt in there, there used to be a sign on the fence thats had the name of the person who leases the land with his number so i called him and he said he can't prevent hunting or walking but can prevent OHV's. Maybe he just said that because he didn't want people in there but again thats just my understanding, just make sure that where you go your allowed do your own research cause a 500$ fine will for sure ruin a quad trip.Can someone confirm if you are or if your not allowed to quad there cause it would sure make my hunting much easier if you can quad there.

Hwy 16 to rr24?? that doesnt really make sense to me.. isnt the Bruderheim area that you are talking about off of range road 210 / 830 and around the are of twp 565? i live about 5 mins away from that area and was a little confused with hwy and RR24 because that really has little to do with the Bruderhiem Vinca Bridge area which is Crown land.

One warning i will give is, in that riding area the police are really stepping up their game on checking insurance/registration and not to mention dont get caught crossing those roads (pretty good lil fine). especially since we had a death in the area regarding a friend of mine.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Hwy 16 to rr24?? that doesnt really make sense to me.. isnt the Bruderheim area that you are talking about off of range road 210 / 830 and around the are of twp 565? i live about 5 mins away from that area and was a little confused with hwy and RR24 because that really has little to do with the Bruderhiem Vinca Bridge area which is Crown land.

One warning i will give is, in that riding area the police are really stepping up their game on checking insurance/registration and not to mention dont get caught crossing those roads (pretty good lil fine). especially since we had a death in the area regarding a friend of mine.

They're talking about HHH and the police are out there in force too!!

dval-1

Reaction score

Thanks
u can ride back there just be careful cause its easy to tresspass there and the riding is not that great. I u get closer to alberta beach there are a tonne of trails. that arent bad for this area. I would suggest making the short drive to the edson area. Just south is some pretty good riding

Top Bottom