quading at hell's half acre

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went quading with bogger and friends today. Totally was awesome. We snapped a tie rod end, burnt out a fan, tried to fry a quad, made some new friends all in the same go. Pretty good if you ask me. Some nice deep holes, lots of beautiful, beautiful mud, and to top it all off...the wonderful son of a biatch even cooked us some BBQ and scalloped tatos by the wife. Just wanted to tell em thanks, and if anyone has a chance to go quading with bogger, jump all over it because he is a wonderful feller. Didn't take as many pics as I would have liked, but here's a couple.:beer::d:beer:

IMGP4380.jpg
IMGP4382.jpg
IMGP4385.jpg
IMGP4387.jpg

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Thanks for coming out buddy...We had a blast...today is an example of why I live where I do....Cheers:beer:

Jason posted a video of my stuck on facebook...pretty cool chit.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah were out there on Friday and going to head out today also. There are some pritty deep holes right on the trail but that is what makes the ride have a little challenge

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what's the fastest way to get to hell's half acre...comin from st. albert....where do you guys unload can you spend the whole day there??/

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thats out at the north end of Range Road 25 isn't it?

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife and I really had a blast! Thanks for hosting and showing me the ropes. I will try and post the video here, or at least a link on You-tube.

Cheers!

J

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we staged right at boggers home in alberta beach. im not from the area so im not totally sure where exactly hells half acre is; right after the highway to grand prarie anyway. but it was definitly fun quading there. there are stagging areas around boggers place maybe if you ask him for directions he may be able to help you better.

nice to see your finally on here jason can't wait to see the pics and videos you got.:d i thought bogger might post a pic or two but it seems he dropped the ball on that one

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Not sure if the area is the actual "Hells 1/2 Acre" but thats what I was told they call it...It is on RR25...If you turn north on RR25 from the Yellowhead it is a dead end road and guys park their trucks and stage from there. I live in Lakewood Estates just west of Hwy 43 so I just trail from my yard out the back of my subdivision. I can trail to the Pumpjack or to the southern area where RR25 dead ends.

Don't worry mallard...J also has a video of you towing me out...lets just be clear that I crossed that sucker 3 times BEFORE I got stuck...I'll post my pics tomorow at work..my connection is faster there.

Again, thanks for comming out guys we'll see what next weekend holds, by then I'll have the bearclaws on the little yammi instead of the stock POS.

Bogger:beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
hey bogger we are live at eden lake area rr20 if your ever up for a ride let us know, ryeser,smurff1000, tko sled ed we all are a group stony slednecks

I'll let you know the next time I'm out and about....I've been over that way lots running to the Onoway gun club, sniders lake....ect.
We usually tavel in a pack as well and always looking to meet up with fellow riders...sometimes even for a quick run we run the ditches on 43...lots of water in there right now, a few times friday evening I was handlebars underwater with my foreman.

Bogger:beer:
Pics.....
Found a hole
101_3787.jpg
Broken Tie-rod
101_3788.jpg
Mrs.Bogger
101_3791.jpg
Mallard
101_3793.jpg
Mallard
101_3796.jpg
Mallard Action shot
101_3798.jpg
JRB15 & Wifey
101_3800.jpg

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Mrs.Bogger
101_3801.jpg
Bogger not Stuck
101_3802.jpg
Bogger Not Stuck Yet
101_3806.jpg
Now I'm Stuck
101_3808.jpg
Mallard pulling me out
101_3811.jpg
Another Hole
101_3813.jpg

If You Don't Get Stuck....You Aint Trying Hard Enough..

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Shots Bogger. Saw you on Friday afternoon and did not realize it was your group. It was the wife and I on the 2 grizzlies as you were all coming through the up down noth/south section. Got stopped by the Parkland patrol about 4PM (during rainstorm) and he advised that they will be out there more often this year (on a quad). Just checking insurance and registration.No hassle and a good visit. Very nice officer that enjoys the sport just doing his job to keep the neighbors happy.

Went out yesterday as well and even change from friday,the base is definately thawing as holes I went through on Friday swallowed me on Sunday. (and sure enough Parkland Patrol was there again.....Moral of story if riding in the county of parkland carry your documents)

Hopefully when we see you next we will stop for a BS session.

Last edited:

Bruzer

Reaction score
If You Don't Get Stuck....You Aint Trying Hard Enough..[/QUOTE]

i agree with ya there

not too sure about the weekend im having trouble finding a new fan hows it comming with the tie rod. by the way if for some reason you need a hand with that just let me know nice pics by the way:beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Great Shots Bogger. Saw you on Friday afternoon and did not realize it was your group. It was the wife and I on the 2 grizzlies as you were all coming through the up down noth/south section. Got stopped by the Parkland patrol about 4PM (during rainstorm) and he advised that they will be out there more often this year (on a quad). Just checking insurance and registration.No hassle and a good visit. Very nice officer that enjoys the sport just doing his job to keep the neighbors happy.

Went out yesterday as well and even change from friday,the base is definately thawing as holes I went through on Friday swallowed me on Sunday. (and sure enough Parkland Patrol was there again.....Moral of story if riding in the county of parland carry your documents)

Hopefully when we see you next we will stop for a BS session.

All my machines are legal...the red rubicon my wife was riding is not (it's a buddys..but I'm going to throw it onto my insurance) Not sure if I've run into the Parkland guys...it's kind of a mixed area which overlaps with the AB beach RCMP...I have spoke with them as well as fish and wildlife...they all are pretty easy going and only fine if they have too. We're out there most every weekend as it's my backyard. I ran into that tracked 8wd argo a couple of times...that sucker is cool, told the wife I want one

Cheers:beer:

Top Bottom