Quadboy's Brute - Any Takers?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just slowly creep in to the deeper holes and just as the belt gets wet and the engine sucks in water back up at that moment.....No need to wade around like a hippo in waders . When it stalls , or the belt slips...it`s too deep.....:eek:

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's nice and deep.. quite ballzy with no snorkel but at least you get enjoyment out of your quad and it's not just sitting in the garage looking pretty. Ride it like you stole it!!!!

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quad you don't think that would be a little self serving by betting on your self? Surely you put the CVT under water with that excursion? once you snorkle you can ride with confidence (note: you are stilll not a submarine, just saying) :)

Yes, the clutch cover was under water in that excursion, but since I've owned it up until this post (because I can't predict the future) I have never had a drop of water inside the belt housing. No slipping what so ever. I'm like a proud father pushing his son through law school lol. :d

That's nice and deep.. quite ballzy with no snorkel but at least you get enjoyment out of your quad and it's not just sitting in the garage looking pretty. Ride it like you stole it!!!!

Amen to that!! :d:beer::d:beer:

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, the clutch cover was under water in that excursion, but since I've owned it up until this post (because I can't predict the future) I have never had a drop of water inside the belt housing. No slipping what so ever. I'm like a proud father pushing his son through law school lol. :d

Amen to that!! :d:beer::d:beer:

Just remember the stock clutch exhaust pipe is under the seat, below the ECU so it sits very low. My first time out I got water in the clutch and I wasn't even seat deep yet. Didn't slow me down but the water does get in. Now I just have to remember to hook the snorkel back up when I work on stuff, I found my CVT intake hose was loose at the bottom where it goes into the clutch, doesn't hold water out very well that way:p.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quadboy are you coming to the Jamboree. I would advise you to test your snorkels with the garden hose to make sure they don't leak before you soak it.

When is the Jamboree? I'm always down for a ride!! :beer:

Just remember the stock clutch exhaust pipe is under the seat, below the ECU so it sits very low. My first time out I got water in the clutch and I wasn't even seat deep yet. Didn't slow me down but the water does get in. Now I just have to remember to hook the snorkel back up when I work on stuff, I found my CVT intake hose was loose at the bottom where it goes into the clutch, doesn't hold water out very well that way:p.

I always try to keep mine in a wheelie so water doesn't get in. I guess I am lucky or something. My new set-up is coming out just behind the front rack just in front of the pod. Facing the quad its Engine-air (right) CVT exhaust (middle) CVT intake (left)

I made it so my risers don't look like PVC, its all one piece coming out, really classy I think. :d

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Attachments

• water.JPG
    water.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 151

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Impressive! Wouldn't want to miss it!

I seen MM5 as well, it was a great movie. Way to get in front of your buddy on that creek too! :d
That was Sumx54 trying to get me wet and he ended up flipping and drowning his quad. That was quite funny as I pulled his plug out and water poured from the engine, that was not the only time that day either. And people say they wouldn't buy my quad, what about Sumx54's quad? That was fun shooting that video as well as MM4. There is now a MM6 its online streaming, I havnt watched it yet.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKMAhQcbs78&[/YT]

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was Sumx54 trying to get me wet and he ended up flipping and drowning his quad. That was quite funny as I pulled his plug out and water poured from the engine, that was not the only time that day either. And people say they wouldn't buy my quad, what about Sumx54's quad? That was fun shooting that video as well as MM4. There is now a MM6 its online streaming, I havnt watched it yet.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKMAhQcbs78&[/YT]

I have yet to see MM6, I have seen 4 and that one was great too! We had a similar expirence with a buddy's quad who hydrolocked it. Good times.

I seen in just that intro alone he flipped his quad multiple times in that same creek. And you had the wheelie too, haha!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I seen in that MM6 some good shots of my snorkels working. That water was 5' deep I remember. So get out the camera and get some good photos of your new system and some video's even. Post them, I'll keep my eye open for them.:d

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen in that MM6 some good shots of my snorkels working. That water was 5' deep I remember. So get out the camera and get some good photos of your new system and some video's even. Post them, I'll keep my eye open for them.:d

Sounds good. You can check my Youtube channel (55quadboy) and watch some of the videos me and my friends edit. YouTube - ‪55quadboy's Channel‬‏

We called 'em Behind Bars, we came up with that name back when we where still in Junior High, the name stuck for lack of a better excuse. :beer:

I got a few pics still on my phone of the snorkel job I've been up to. I'll post 'em up.

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shaun post up some snorkel pics. Show everyone that the brute wont die haha.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to feel bad for ya Quadboy. Everyone saying you're riding too hard and beating on the machine. I say keep it up! I ride as hard as I can and it makes it that much more fun.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have they fixed the weak bending tie rods on the new brutes, if not beefing them up would be high on my "to do" list.

yes if they haven't the american racing star are the ones to buy... they are the cats azzzzzzzz.... rapid revolutions

Top Bottom