putting a 700 in my indy 500

nate11

Reaction score
hey guys, i am thinking of putting a 700 twin rmk engine in my 500 indy efi sks and had a few questions about it. first off im still new to the sled industry so some of my questions might be a bit stupid.
1. does anyone know if the engine will fit without major modifications.
2. can i get a chip to make my efi work with a 700 or do i need new carb/efi
3. i also want to lengthen my track, can i just go up one track size with rail extensions, i have a 136 right now and would like to go to at least 144

thats all the questions i have for now
thanks

nate11

Reaction score
well i live in a little town and it was kinda hard to find a sled around here and i dont have my drivers incence yet to go and get one. Also the one condition on me getting a sled was i had to have efi. lastly i like doing this kind of stuff, i can never leave anything the way it is.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking you need a parts sled like a 700 with a 144 track that hit a tree

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not worth the time or money in my opinion.... Don't get me wrong it fun to tinker and make cool things but if u want it to be reliable at all save your money and buy a 700.... Guaranteed you'll spend more on your idea than you would by selling your sled and finding a bigger one.... And you'll be wanting the money for a vehicle soon!

nate11

Reaction score
That's where my money went i just bought a ford explorer. Btw is is just a summer project that i want to do unless i blow my engine before then

ne1game

Reaction score
It will drop in you need to use carbs you need a super single exhaust, carb boots that came with whatever engine you got carbs from cdi from what ever year your engine is works well

Top Bottom