Put a damn helmet on

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it up a notch and stop wearing those stupid welding helmets, gloves, or goggles. Don't wear a jacket or shirt when you sled. People that don't wear helmets should be forced not to wear shoes or boots when they ride. I personally feel very comfortable when I'm not wearing shoes. Please give me the option to remove the airbags and seat belts from my truck... if I crash, I can take it.

Stop wearing shoes and make a real statement against the man! It's just another government method of control. It's how THEY take away your invincibility.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I SAW 5 PPL TODAY RIDING QUADS, 4 ADULTS WITH BASEBALL CAPS AND GARDINING HATS ON, ONE CHILD WITH A HELMET, GIVE THE KID A FEW YEARS WITH THESE ADULTS, HE TOO WILL WEAR A BASEBALL CAP AS WELL. So it comes down to what??? Comin sense??? I can show you some of my helmets with gouges so deep in them from rocks,,,,,, the riders are still happy and doing what the where before the roll overs, with out,,,, they would most likely be dead or scalpless bablers....... Those who say it is up to me are the ones who need laws,,,,,,,, the rest of us dont need people to tell us what to do,, why, because we know the risks are dangerous.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Those who say it is up to me are the ones who need laws,,,,,,,, the rest of us dont need people to tell us what to do,, why, because we know the risks are dangerous."

What a load of crap.
Who are you to pass judgement? Maybe these people as adults judged the risks to be small enough they decided they didn't want to wear a helmet?
You want a law passed so that people who want to decide something for themselves don't have that choice?
I swear this country is going to be like the UK in a few years.
Look at the stats I posted above, you have a better chance of drowning than killing yourself on a quad. Maybe pass a law that says everyone who goes near water has to wear an approved PFD first?

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is amazing how fast things go wrong, i was pulling a friends rhino out of brule lake(with my rhino), i was not wearing my helmet, as i was communicating with everyone and going slow. for the last pull we decided to use 2 rhinos as spinning out at that spot would not be good. long story short the front rhino spun out, mine did not wound up with a lot of slack in the tow rope and when the front one took off, he hit the front of my rhino so hard he lifted my front tires up feet in the air, spun me 90 degrees, and i hit the back of my head on the plastic piece behind me, and let me tell you i will NEVER get in my rhino without a helmet.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So since I have just read this, this morning. And went searching reguarding the common sense of wearing helmets. I came across this, which is current as of July5/10

Once again, another teen is killed. They were wearing there helmet's. But in the article, it does show in bold print. That there is still NO laws, reguarding a helmet in the province of Alberta. Believe you me, I'm not agreeing with. No helmet's. I have been in this sport for 20+ yrs. I have either, broken, dislocated, or fractured. Almost everything in my body at least once. I have had 19 concussions, where 2 of them I was forced to stay awake in the hospital. Everyone one of them, I was wearing a helmet. If I wasn't...I'm sure I wouldn't be here to post on this Thread.

IMO, it is up to ALL of us. To petition the, Local, Provincial, and Federal Gov't. Re: Making helmet's law, on all ATV's, and sonwmobiles. We all can stand together, to stop or slow down the closesures of our trails, or favorite riding areas. I think it's about time, that we ALL stand together to make helmets Mandatory.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As said before 4 grown ups with baseball caps "experienced riders" , kid with helmet "he's learning" . Oh well, I guess what's a few loose screws riding around, it will always be the same.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i fail to see what helmets have to do with closing trails. if i don't wear a helmet i endanger my self. when trails close there reasons are litter, enviromental damage, noise complaints

to put it bluntly, if i kill my self by not wearing a helmet, thats one less quader they have to worry about.

Wrong! Every time someone on an ATV/Sled/Dirt Bike gets hurt or worse it brings tons of media attention that sport. Is this media attention ever positive? NO! The media ALWAYS portrays all back country enthusiasts as stupid and wreckless with no respect for the back country we use whenever an unfortunate incident occurs. Negative Press = Trail Closures. The video posted by Quadtrash is a great example of how protective equipment does it's job. He walked away...no need for the media Circus. He gets seriously injured or killed, another gallon of fuel for the Greenies trying to shut us down. DON'T BE STUPID! WEAR A HELMET! It really does benefit all of us.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As said before 4 grown ups with baseball caps "experienced riders" , kid with helmet "he's learning" . Oh well, I guess what's a few loose screws riding around, it will always be the same.

Four grown ups who should know better setting a very bad example for a future back country enthusiast.:nono:

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys can argue all you want...people will wear helmet's and people will not wear them
So until its law or mandatory..let them do what they want...If there over 18 its their choice

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm with the starter of the thread. I've never hit my head wearing a helmet but i took a few tumbles when i was a youngster rideing a bike. The old man in the video should have been riding a machine that he could manage, one that is light weight and can move it around in the air. Get a sport quad, when they fall on you it isn't as severe but you still gotta wear the skid lid.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I owned a Funeral home I would not want a helmet law!!!!!!!!

Just sayin............

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last time I rode with a guy without a helmet he had the nerve to try and give me sh*t for spittin rock at hm as they were hittin his head,I told him to go f himself,if he wore one with googles he wouldnt have to worry about it,well he got pissed at me and we almost came to blows,I told him to ride behind me so when he crashes and his brains are all over the ground I can just keep goin,Myself or my kid dont need to see that.now I just dont rid with people who dont and I tell them why.I love my helmet.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think helmets should be mandatory, like alot of people have said its your choice, picture goin for a ride with your wife or kids on the back and noone is wearin a helmet, so now your doin about 30- 40 K, an your tire blows, freak accident you roll your quad, flip couple times, lands on top of you...some make it some dont, its happen before, but this time its your kid that doesnt make it...this example is just based on events that have happened before...

this happens alot, to people that do or do not wear their gear,experienced or not, but eventually some of the people that dont wear one, wont be here to b*tch an complain about these posts about wearin one...

dont be dumb, wear a helmet, think your cooler than the rest of us cause your not wearin one, Doubt it!!!!!!

Dr_Claw

Reaction score
I love seeing two people riding... especially when the child has a helmet and the adult does not!! Nice example Retard!

You can wear a helmet for a day outside or you can wear a helmet daily indoors!
Who's cool now?!

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were riding sat and sun south of beaver mines with a group about 60% of the people we met on the trails were not wearing helmets one ahole had 2 kids with him ages about 3&5 sitting infront of him all with no helmets on a 1 person quad a 4 seater with abox had 5 people in it with 1 in the box sitting on a cooler no roll bar no belt and no helmet on anyone

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents:

Growing up, my sister and I were not even allowed to look at our quads unless we had a helmet on. If Terry (Dad) caught us riding around without helmets, there was hell to pay! For my parents, it was important to drill into us that we needed to wear helmets. They taught us how to put helmets on properly, and do them up properly, and that was always a pre ride requisite. Now, I'm 22, and it's engrained into me that I need to wear a helmet. I don't get on a quad very often, but when I do, I always reach for my helmet. My parents always set a good example and wore their helmets as well. I don't see helmets as nerdy or uncomfortable - any more so than a seatbelt... But you bet your azz that everytime I get into a vehicle, I buckle up before the vehicle is started.

For our family it was important to be safe... For others it may not be that high of importance.

From my work perspective, I have a really hard time watching parents buy their children quads, bikes or sleds... Not batting an eyelash at the 3000 + price tag - But groan about spending 200 bucks on a good helmet. Your brain is your most important muscle - without it, you are an empty shell.

Last edited:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is just for the kids ...

Skate Board = 45$
BMX = 45$
Quad =120$
Sled =80$ on sale at the snow show.

MY KIDS===PRICELESS

I have 4 kids and they have one of each... AND I DONT CARE IF I REPLACE THEM TWICE A YEAR.

Teach them right to start and they will want to wear them.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
If you choose not to wear a helmet (remember it's your choice) please do something smart and sign your organ donor card

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you choose not to wear a helmet (remember it's your choice) please do something smart and sign your organ donor card

you can ride slow with no helmet. But one day you might run into another quad hauling ass in a trail towards you and then you both need helmets or its not going to be good

Top Bottom