problem with 2012 m8?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice too see people who quote facts, and make an effort to help others out,, thats why i love this site, thanks for sharing the bulletin...

fyi bleeding out the oil pump is standard procedure on all two strokes at the pdi stage regardless of yr/ brand... as called for in the set up manual..

with the new chassis comes challanges on setup as there are alot of things that you normally do that are now done differently, and take more time and finess...

there are more than likely going to be some glitches that need to worked out.., sometimes the manufacture makes mistakes, sometimes the setup process can

have short comings. - how many guys want there sled as soon as its delivered to the dealer. ...like now...i gotta trip...understandable , if you rush thats when mistakes are made... we are all human... my demo 1100 turbo was slated to get built nov 30 now its dec 6 ...what can i do... nothing just wait... it will be here when its here... i cant ride yet anyway.. be patient people, be realistic... and have a great season..

ArcticInsider - Let it Bleed: Service Advisory on the 2012 800 Arctic Cats
Heres a Cat bulletin for those that care to know . Not meaning you Maxwell!!!!
Oh man i was in PG and was gonna stop at Howies but didn,t really need anything LOL!! Bill is the MAN the new owners are finally getting it figured out though!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course check all oil lines fuel lines etc. premixing was always apart of pdi.

shouldnt you be mixing 50:1 then. if air bubbles are actually the cause then 100:1 will only get you another few km before it burns down.

in my opinion if your trying to bleeed an oil injection system then the engine needs to be totally non dependant on that system, ei premixing 50:1 like you would on a new rebuild...or motor....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sometimes people complain about the PDI stage of operation. Why do I have to pay this.. what is this? Why can't I just buy my sled in a crate and put it together myself? I hope we all can learn something from this and appreciate the PDI process just a little bit more. I know I do.

ANDRES

Reaction score
only problem with mine was a faulty fuel gauge. read empty all day, 2 other sleds from the same dealer have the same problem anyone else have this issue.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only problem with mine was a faulty fuel gauge. read empty all day, 2 other sleds from the same dealer have the same problem anyone else have this issue.

Look at that... some fact in a thread!!

Yours is not the first issue I have heard with the fuel gauge- although others are reporting that the gauges tend to read all over the place. I have not heard of a solution: You?

powerclaw

Reaction score
would really like to see some of you guys and gals up in clamine on fri. and sat. test the crap out of these new cats together or just b.s. its been a long day so ill see you at the top.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would really like to see some of you guys and gals up in clamine on fri. and sat. test the crap out of these new cats together or just b.s. its been a long day so ill see you at the top.

rode both the new cats on sunday. was kinda dissapointed in the 1100t. nytro with a 180kit will smoke it. i did like the m8 better. way better handling and sterring. felt very doo like (old doo that is 08's) with a turbo on it. would be a awesome sled.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ArcticInsider - Let it Bleed: Service Advisory on the 2012 800 Arctic Cats
Heres a Cat bulletin for those that care to know . Not meaning you Maxwell!!!!
Oh man i was in PG and was gonna stop at Howies but didn,t really need anything LOL!! Bill is the MAN the new owners are finally getting it figured out though!

Has the new owner that drives the jacked up pickup had his drivers licence suspended yet? If not he should. If your fancy truck is sporting your business name all over it you best drive like the rest of the normal people out there. Driving like a douchebag is a pretty good sign you're a moron.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL! Didn't see the driver, he went by in a blur cutting people off, swerving in and out of traffic all the way down Peden hill. Great advertising. This happened awhile back and I just happened to remember it now.

pissednbroke

Reaction score
Well the mixing the first tank is a good idea but i had troubles with turning the steering on mine last weekend

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new cat tunnels are a bit easier to polish, but i like that i can pull the seats off the past years chassis. thats all i got, one good point, one bad point. im calling my post neutral!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the mixing the first tank is a good idea but i had troubles with turning the steering on mine last weekend

Did you figure out what was causing it?

the new cat tunnels are a bit easier to polish, but i like that i can pull the seats off the past years chassis. thats all i got, one good point, one bad point. im calling my post neutral!

The seat doesn't come off? Really?

pissednbroke

Reaction score
anyone that has not had there's out yet get out there as the new cats are so diffrent to ride will take you a bit to get the feel for them but once you do you will love it and the best is when you get back to the truck you no longer feel beat at the end of the day

Top Bottom