problem with 2012 m8?

powerclaw

Reaction score
instead of gossip about someone who knows somebody that blew up their sled i would like to here from someone who it happened to and where they bought it and if they know what caused the failure and what the fix is. did anyone check their air box for rivits? told by dealer that there have been cases of loose rivits getting sucked into engine. taking mine out for first time friday.hopefully no issues!!!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine will see snow for it's first time Friday as well. It'll either go down or it won't I guess. I'm just gonna ride mine and see what happens......:beer:

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not start it, run a hose on the cooler so it doesn't overheat, rev it lots, and watch the oil consumption. Shouldn't be hard to simulate 5-10kms of trail riding.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have just over 100miles on mine and buddies 2012 HCR 800 from this last weekend. Mixed the first tank 100:1. I checked the air box and it was clean then before we rode them we tipped them on the clutch side at a 45 degree angle, left them there for 10 min. After that rode them like we usally would. They work great, i am so happy with this new chassis anyone that hasent rode there new proclimbs will be Happy.
HCR mcbride.jpg

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not start it, run a hose on the cooler so it doesn't overheat, rev it lots, and watch the oil consumption. Shouldn't be hard to simulate 5-10kms of trail riding.

Mine already had 3 kms on it when I picked it up from the dealer. I ran more 2 kms on it in my garage.

powerclaw

Reaction score
did exactly that and put 11 kms on it , got it nice and hot. didnt code.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a whole other thread dedicated to this topic: search for ProClimb Fact Only and you should find it. It leaves out the people who just wanna stir up chit and the made up stories and sticks to advice from owners with experience. Lotsa good information...

Last edited by a moderator:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why not ride it like you just spent $13000 on a vehicle that is made for riding? If the factory and dealer can't deliver a vehicle that lives through its first day of use, it's their problem.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not ride it like you just spent $13000 on a vehicle that is made for riding? If the factory and dealer can't deliver a vehicle that lives through its first day of use, it's their problem.

If you can ride from your doorstop then of course ride it like normal. For someone who is driving a distance, getting a hotel room and maybe taking a day or 2 off work then it's going to be your problem to.

Daniel

Reaction score
Had a friend buy one yesterday put 20km on it today and it still running and he pulled the cord and went I don't think he let it warm up fore more then 15 sec

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Cat bullitenThere you have it proper pdi was not carried out. So will arctic cat pay for the burn downs or are the dealers gonna have to take responsibility. Imagine, if only these dealers would have loosened their money grip a little and made it a policy that each gas tank gets half a liter regardless of fuel level to the customer at delivery. Feel for the guys that burnt down.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Cat bullitenThere you have it proper pdi was not carried out. So will arctic cat pay for the burn downs or are the dealers gonna have to take responsibility. Imagine, if only these dealers would have loosened their money grip a little and made it a policy that each gas tank gets half a liter regardless of fuel level to the customer at delivery. Feel for the guys that burnt down.

was this normal pdi procedure on the other model years?

Top Bottom