problem with 2012 m8?

M1K

Reaction score
If you guys are feeling these things are sidehilling like an 08 XP (IMO it feels like it) Cat is offering a 38" A-arm kit (all 4 A-arms), shorter tie-rod tubes, and a travel reducing spacer (shock needs to be taken apart) for only 230 bones!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine worked great all weekend. Rode Lucielle both days and enjoyed some great snow. Had one small issue when my secondary bolt backed out on the second day. Fixed it up and rechecked it again in a couple of hours and it never gave me a problem again. I found that the ProClimb did lay over alot easier than the M and I found myself in the snow a few times unexpectedly on the first day.:eek: The sled climbed very well and had a chance to stretch it's legs in a few uphill drags we had on both days. Love the Jaws can as well; fits like a glove. Thanks to Glenn at Spindrift for having it there waiting for me when we rolled into the shop in the morning before we headed up the hill. All in all I am glad that I took a chance and decided to try out the ProClimb instead of sticking with my M Series.:beer:

ride907

Reaction score
i have 200 miles on my 2012 m8 and it has been nuthing but a pain. i hate it. my clutching is all wrong so cat fed ex a new one i gone throw 2 belts and iam turning 8850 rpm and now i have piston slap and i need to new pistons and cylinder it at cat now being worked on

Last edited:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was this normal pdi procedure on the other model years?
Yes on my brand new 08 M1000 after 200K my second fell off, bolt not torqued and no loc tite used by person who PDI it... Caused me alot of grief that weekend in Golden :(, I broke both M's in nicely before romping on them.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My good buddy broke his in with me in vale for 4 days the revy for 3 days. Only issue we found was the rollers on the secondary disintegrated and fell out. Now he can't get the squeal out of his belt

Top Bottom