pro rmk help!

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys after like 2 months in peices, i finally put the sled back together today and just went i thought it looked amazing and done.....i go to start it and it doesnt run... i marked all the connections and everything went back into place where it belonged. i pull the cord it fires up and dies withing a second or so. if i give it throttle it will run but like a bag of chit. it wont iddle and only runs at like 5000 rpm and if you let off she dies. please help me out if this has happend to you. i did no work to the engine at all or exhaust and the sled ran like it were brand new before the tear down. i origianlly thought it was bad or old fuel since it werre sitting since april so i drained it and put new premo in it tonight but still nothing. it might just take a long time to get it out of the system? thats all i can think of.

please help me out

if your no help then keep comments to yourself and yeh i know this could be in the polaris section....but bite me..

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
hey guys after like 2 months in peices, i finally put the sled back together today and just went i thought it looked amazing and done.....i go to start it and it doesnt run... i marked all the connections and everything went back into place where it belonged. i pull the cord it fires up and dies withing a second or so. if i give it throttle it will run but like a bag of chit. it wont iddle and only runs at like 5000 rpm and if you let off she dies. please help me out if this has happend to you. i did no work to the engine at all or exhaust and the sled ran like it were brand new before the tear down. i origianlly thought it was bad or old fuel since it werre sitting since april so i drained it and put new premo in it tonight but still nothing. it might just take a long time to get it out of the system? thats all i can think of.

please help me out

if your no help then keep comments to yourself and yeh i know this could be in the polaris section....but bite me..
Check engine light on? Tps plugged on to throttle bodies?
Check that your throttle cable is seated properly in the throttle block and is no too tight.

Last edited:

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeh check engine light is on and i ya i think it is cuase it runs just like crap and i dont think i ever disconnected anything down there only things i disconnected were the connections to take the handle bars off

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have any throttle cable freeplay? if the cable is too tight and changing your tps voltage it will not run because of the throttle safety switch.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have any throttle cable freeplay? if the cable is too tight and changing your tps voltage it will not run because of the throttle safety switch.

i have some play but noticed not as much as buddies. i dont believe i touched anything that had to do with the throttle bodies.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like would the old gas to this? i have a feeling that it was the gas but i cant or wont keep it running like that to get it out of the system long enough. its got me baffled. sat there for 2 hours, looked at every connection found every plug they were all the same. think the engine just shuts down cause of the 6 month old gas??

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
like would the old gas to this? i have a feeling that it was the gas but i cant or wont keep it running like that to get it out of the system long enough. its got me baffled. sat there for 2 hours, looked at every connection found every plug they were all the same. think the engine just shuts down cause of the 6 month old gas??
Old gas won't make it idle at high rpm. Loosen the adjuster in you throttle cable until there is play in the throttle then try again. The adjuster is in a small black rubber boot on the cable.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old gas won't make it idle at high rpm. Loosen the adjuster in you throttle cable until there is play in the throttle then try again. The adjuster is in a small black rubber boot on the cable.

well it only runs high cuase im on the throttle but as soon as it goes below 4000 it drops and dies and you cant throttle it back up. i will try the throttle cable tmr and see what happends. cant see why its different. everything is the same as it were when i took it apart. no new parts on the handle bars just different colour

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try removing your hood. Suspect hood was installed pulling throttle cable. Will run without hood.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was apart? There isn't a pinched fuel line is there? I'd go over each connection one at a time and make sure a connector was not damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only the panels and hood. The exhaust was all out and the bars were taken off. The gas tank was untouched and there was no work done near the engine. Every connection was paint marked and put back where it came. That's why it's got me so baffled. It ran fine before we took it apart.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guarentee that its the tps as NM stated. I ran into a couple on the hill last year in revy that had a pro doing the exact same thing, after tearing the whole sled down almost on the trail giving them help, we decided to tow it out, rodeo style. Hooked it on back of a turbo nytro and the poor chick got buried lol. It's not fuel. That sensor is very touchy. When u took you're throttle off your handlebars you must have loosened the cable and it's not adjusted back correctly.

Top Bottom