Polaris generators, who's got em and would you recommend them?

ProRmk800

Reaction score
spend the extra on a Honda. A polaris generator is made by kipor. They are a noisy machine and a pig on fuel and to top it of very unreliable and there parts and service sucks. Just my 10 cents wouldn't go back to anything else after owning my honda eu3000I

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at a Honda. Worth the extra money.

Never heard of Polaris genny...

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy the yamaha or Honda, you will have the generator for a long time 100 or 200 bucks more stretched over 15-20 years is worth it.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cummins is on par or better than the Honda / Yamaha as well....
geez, I dunno about that either. the onans are loud, and require service a lot sooner than any honda. my bud's brand new jayco broke a valve spring in less than 10 hours, the one in my toyhauler has less than 300 and it has to come out for a major service....keeps kicking out. engine runs fine, something is going on with the gen end of it. to even change a belt they have to come completely out. if it's ugly, i'm rigging a honda in there.

Cummins610

Reaction score
Cummins/Onan was selling a line of inverters, they appeared to re branded yamaha's, that's what I was referring to.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I had the Honda 3000 for 12 years with no issues whatsoever but got rid of it when I bought my 5th wheel (has built in Onan 5500). Then I bought a Honda 2000 for the sled trailer but figured it was overkill for basically charging the batteries so I gave it to my dad for his cabin. I was looking on kijiji for a "gently used" Honda 1000 and saw the Polaris listed. I will wait for either a decent used Honda or maybe sale priced new Honda.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cummins inverters are Subaru engines , as good as it gets ....Onan a whole different. Story....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy the honda,

Buy the best, Leave the rest where they sit. Better resale, way less problems, quiet, Will cost you way less in the long run.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
geez, I dunno about that either. the onans are loud, and require service a lot sooner than any honda. my bud's brand new jayco broke a valve spring in less than 10 hours, the one in my toyhauler has less than 300 and it has to come out for a major service....keeps kicking out. engine runs fine, something is going on with the gen end of it. to even change a belt they have to come completely out. if it's ugly, i'm rigging a honda in there.

My onan in the Toyhauler is great just a bit loud.

I picked up a 2000 Ei Honda this year. It idles all night connected to the trailer.

Top Bottom