Patrols

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This part I know is going to be changing in the coming years..... We may not like it but laws are laws, I'd rather pay the $50 registration on my ATV & Snowmobile, than be faced with towing, impound, and "no registration" charges.

also registering and requiring a plate does help in theft recovery. some anyway.

Last edited:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ever happened to the OHV cop that was on this thread earlier? Haven't heard anything for quite some time.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
he's still around, you'll start to see more posting from him as the snow starts to fly around Edmonton.

OHV COP

Reaction score
he's still around, you'll start to see more posting from him as the snow starts to fly around Edmonton.

What ever happened to the OHV cop that was on this thread earlier? Haven't heard anything for quite some time.

I'm here fellas. I had a incident at work and it required surgery. I am on the mend and ready for a wicked new season. My partner and I are very excited to get the new sleds out!

OHV

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope your well on the mend and up to a great season.

Ps you need to hook up with the GBCA for some fun times and riding.

I'm here fellas. I had a incident at work and it required surgery. I am on the mend and ready for a wicked new season. My partner and I are very excited to get the new sleds out!

OHV

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

OHV

Wicked in what way? Tickets or fun?? Hope its fun. See you on the trails

OHV COP

Reaction score
Wicked in what way? Tickets or fun?? Hope its fun. See you on the trails

Not in the fun way. All that is finally over and we are now chomping at the bit to get out there. I always said if it's cold it should at least be cold and snowing.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello OHV, have a question about Right Of Way's (ROW's), access permissions on grazing leases and fences. Recently I noticed that there have an increase of Use Respect signage on some crown land north of where I live. We have been quadding, sledding in the area for a number of years without any issues until this summer.
The Use Respect signage states that you must obtain permission to access the land. Comes with name and a number to call. Being curious, I phoned the number, left messages several times but I have not recieved a reply.
In my group we are respectful to the lands and the neighbors if they are close by, but now I am seeing gates and fences being put up with a couple posts across the ROW that is about 20' wide and that is it. Just barbed wire going across the trails. I started out to map the fences and gates, but there is no sense of what the grazing lease person is trying accomplish to keep grazing animals in any certain area, just random fences and gates scattered all over hell across the trails. I want to be respectful and teach my kids to clsoe gates if they have to open them, but this is a little riduculous seeing gates and fences put up like this. Not sure who is doing it and up til now we have been closing the 'gates' or going around the fences, but I am tempted to tear them down for this winter to prevent some one from hitting it on a sled.
Would appreciate you thoughts on the next steps.

OHV COP

Reaction score
Hello OHV, have a question about Right Of Way's (ROW's), access permissions on grazing leases and fences. Recently I noticed that there have an increase of Use Respect signage on some crown land north of where I live. We have been quadding, sledding in the area for a number of years without any issues until this summer.
The Use Respect signage states that you must obtain permission to access the land. Comes with name and a number to call. Being curious, I phoned the number, left messages several times but I have not recieved a reply.
In my group we are respectful to the lands and the neighbors if they are close by, but now I am seeing gates and fences being put up with a couple posts across the ROW that is about 20' wide and that is it. Just barbed wire going across the trails. I started out to map the fences and gates, but there is no sense of what the grazing lease person is trying accomplish to keep grazing animals in any certain area, just random fences and gates scattered all over hell across the trails. I want to be respectful and teach my kids to clsoe gates if they have to open them, but this is a little riduculous seeing gates and fences put up like this. Not sure who is doing it and up til now we have been closing the 'gates' or going around the fences, but I am tempted to tear them down for this winter to prevent some one from hitting it on a sled.
Would appreciate you thoughts on the next steps.

Hi there thank you for the question. This does pose a serious risk to OHV users. I would like to be in contact with you and discuss where this is happening so I can look into it and involve the resources needed to sort this out. I have been to my fair share of major injuries due to fences being placed where they should not be.

Please send me a PM and give me a little more info including address of the fences across public land. Also if you would like give me your contact info and I can contact you directly.

OHV COP

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone with the balls to check things out without getting on a soap box, I think your going to love getting to know us in the GBCA, just sayin......

Hi there thank you for the question. This does pose a serious risk to OHV users. I would like to be in contact with you and discuss where this is happening so I can look into it and involve the resources needed to sort this out. I have been to my fair share of major injuries due to fences being placed where they should not be.

Please send me a PM and give me a little more info including address of the fences across public land. Also if you would like give me your contact info and I can contact you directly.

OHV COP

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

OHV COP
PM sent.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
There is a couple of those use respect signs on a trail west of Long lake this summer called the number on the sign asked permission guy was happy as hell to talk said i was the 1st guy in 2 1/2 years since he put up the signs to call the worst part it looked to be well used and no one was calling he coulda easily put a lock on the gate but put up a sign instead. If it has a number and asks for respect give the owner some respect please call if no answer I would leave a message with my name and number and that i was going to cross with respect to livestock that could in there I'm sure if they had a problem they would call back

Top Bottom