TKI drive shaft fix kit

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but there are different forces on a snowmobile drive shaft, vs a trophy trucks front axle drive shaft. When the trophy trucks suspension cycles that spline is designed to move in and out with the suspension travel.
A snowmobile rear suspension and track, is alot like a dirt bikes rear swing arm. As the suspension compresses, the track gets tighter, same as the chain on a dirt bike.
The spline on the doo drive shaft is seeing that cyclical side loading alot in the bumps. Too tight of a track will make that worse. The only thing holding that coupling and bearing in the chain case true, is the bearing fit, and a circlip.

It does work yep, excellent idea for guys who change tracks alot racing, is the two piece shaft a problem? Remains to be seen IMO, but what I did notice when on the trail was a new noise in the drivetrain, a growling like something was rubbing on the tunnel but nothing was, no ice build up.
I have not heard that noise yet with the one piece shaft. According to my dealer, lots of guys last year complained about that exact noise. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exactly!

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware S&M was home to such an extensive expert engineering faculty! :bow:
Any of you guys do freelance work? Funds are a little tight, so I can only afford to pay in bud light though.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1646970881609.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're paying someone by the hour to change it for you. Should be quicker so hopefully that equals a smaller bill, but probably not :p

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why this is hard to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo kept it the same for 2024, no stop ride orders..... So must not be causing too many issues for them.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're paying someone by the hour to change it for you. Should be quicker so hopefully that equals a smaller bill, but probably not :p
Probably not is the correct answer......... the brake caliper will pretty much seize to the track drive bearing brake side....after the first year. The previous G4 design the clip holding the gear would let you easily sneak, pry & some heat get the caliper off the bearing. With the whizzy new design they have a failed fancy POS tool to pull the caliper off the bearing....it truly is a fumble POS tool.....time saved is gone. The you've done it now DIY group trying save a few bucks will probably have to buy the POS tool on top of a new track.

The price of that POS track far exceeds the 3.5 or 4.5 hours for a track change. The G4 guys get clean oil & a no guess proper chain adjustment.

It's a terrible solution to solve a bad track issue......only BRP can over complicate like this.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably not is the correct answer......... the brake caliper will pretty much seize to the track drive bearing brake side....after the first year. The previous G4 design the clip holding the gear would let you easily sneak, pry & some heat get the caliper off the bearing. With the whizzy new design they have a failed fancy POS tool to pull the caliper off the bearing....it truly is a fumble POS tool.....time saved is gone. The you've done it now DIY group trying save a few bucks will probably have to buy the POS tool on top of a new track.

The price of that POS track far exceeds the 3.5 or 4.5 hours for a track change. The G4 guys get clean oil & a no guess proper chain adjustment.

It's a terrible solution to solve a bad track issue......only BRP can over complicate like this.
The POS track? Is that the track that all the polaris guys are loving? Asking for a friend.

Top Bottom