tki shaft fix for chain or just go full belt drive

drew17

Reaction score
looking at the drive shaft fix kit but is it worth it to just go full belt drive

drew17

Reaction score
I believe so but I’d do both and the belt gonna take the slop better then a chain and never gonna crater like we have been seeing online

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fix is cheap and easy. i'd go that route and monitor. how many chaincases do you hear about busting before all this started? plenty of broken belt stories from shock loading, getting trash caught in there, etc.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t do belt drive… the TKI belt drive is popping belts - to much shock load.
Put in the TKI fix kit to mitigate/reduce the wobble issue and put hyvo chain & gears in.
just my opinion…

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hyvo gears and chain and a 2022 drive shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes… even better! It’s gross a drive shaft is $500… your a +$1000 by the time you add drivers & hyvo setup. Kind of gross after you spend $25g on a sled… but that’s just the way it is.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Odd that some are piling up quick, and some are taking the abuse. Maybe only a matter of time? Or are the guys that are paying attention to chain tension having better luck? I know the Revs had crappy chains.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes… even better! It’s gross a drive shaft is $500… your a +$1000 by the time you add drivers & hyvo setup. Kind of gross after you spend $25g on a sled… but that’s just the way it is.

That’s if a person wants to do avids. I tried just buying the bare shaft without driver from doo but it’s a complete assembly.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris went through something similar in 2013 with the first year of the Quick drive. Some sleds had sloppy spline fit and it would result in the retaining bolt head popping off. G5s at the loose end of tolerance will have wobbly gear stubs. No doubt people are overtightening chains and tracks as well.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
c2df755f0da2afc66b63115cf5b4eaa1.jpg

Don’t rely on the TKI fix either. This sled has one.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
c2df755f0da2afc66b63115cf5b4eaa1.jpg

Don’t rely on the TKI fix either. This sled has one.

wonder what the backstory is if any? some possibilities-the TKI kit doesn't work as advertised, the chain/sprockets were already over stressed before the kit was installed, etc.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wonder what the backstory is if any? some possibilities-the TKI kit doesn't work as advertised, the chain/sprockets were already over stressed before the kit was installed, etc.

I think the TKI kit does work at advertised, IF it’s installed on new splines and not wore ones like Tom mentioned in his vid.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Norona says run em and keep quiet lmao!!!
Thought the TKI thing was to make it a solid shaft. That apparently doesn't work so I would suggest the root cause is not understood and people should wait to see what BRP has in the works for the problem if there really is one before trying these types of backyard fixes.
If any have actually failed on CKMP owned sleds that is good. BRP engineering will do an RCA and engineer a solution.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought the TKI thing was to make it a solid shaft. That apparently doesn't work so I would suggest the root cause is not understood and people should wait to see what BRP has in the works for the problem if there really is one before trying these types of backyard fixes.
If any have actually failed on CKMP owned sleds that is good. BRP engineering will do an RCA and engineer a solution.
Then pull the 2017 stunt and offer it at full retail to the 23 customers for a fixed product coming on the 24 snow checks lol as peace of mind because there is no issue but they will fix redisign it for next year. Seems some are good some are bad i have never tightened a chain as much as i have this one usually once a chain stretchs not much more to do to it but im taking the ambassador aproach and just tighten and ride it lol

Top Bottom