TKI drive shaft fix kit

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol, yep you bet it is. That’s why I have a one piece shaft in my G5. Not all engineering ideas are a good idea, like a carbon fiber sub for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure I got rid of all the boost issues and I'm at about $28k.
But I am also at a track speed of about
63mph.
The performance is in yhe boost, just takes a little extra to get it out.
They all had issues, the first run year of G4 was a nightmare for some.
Polaris is having their fun with their latest design also.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Track tension alone would create a side load on the spline.

Exactly, cycle the suspension, not just up & down. The track goes from the 1 1/4 hang with a 16lb weight to a banjo string.

Only BRP would resolve a track issue with a drive shaft failure. Their engineers will go to their grave before admitting they screwed this up......a Quebec thing.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that was a Polaris, there would be yet another stop ride, however, it’s a doo so we good to go… right Maxwell

Might be a stop ride with the 2024 poos. Poo engineers thought it was a good idea not to put rail caps on and the hyfax is ripping off the track clips, and sometimes ripping the hyfax right off.
Another great engineering idea.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Track tension alone would create a side load on the spline.

Im talk about an automotive drive shaft.(ones built for off road in particular) you said in post #34 that they dont see side loads, well yes they do. The splines do see directional loads, more than the sled will ever see. If its built right it works..

And a sled driveshaft doesnt even move up and down. It just rotates.

Should be easy to make it work. Its made of tinfoil, so maybe it needs to be a bit beefier.

But then again, not many people are having an issue with it. So i guess its a non issue...

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo is taking it one step farther than leaving off rail caps.

1702914378386.png

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you looking at? The stab wheel? There has been 1 wheel on the expert for years now.
No problem there.

Yes, I guess the photo was sent by a very concerned Doo rider.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I guess the photo was sent by a very concerned Doo rider.

Looking at it closer now, that looks like a freeride, and the strap is centered. Maybe doo is being cheap and not installing the second wheel like in the past on non expert sleds? I would not put it past em.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my '23 freeride only has one stab wheel, but my 20 and 22 fr's had two. don't know if it matters much.
actually, i can't remember if it had any now that i think about it. i do remember the center shock axle had wheels because to install the adjustable limiter strap kit, the center shock axle was removed and replaced with an wheel-less axle that came with the kit. the old axle had the second wheel put back on and then bolted into the skid forward of the shock.
the schematic does show two wheels tho.

Last edited:

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you looking at? The stab wheel? There has been 1 wheel on the expert for years now.
No problem there.

the schematic shows two anti stab wheels on the '20 and '21 experts. didn't look at any other years but schematics have been wrong and/or brp makes a design change and things don't get updated.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be a stop ride with the 2024 poos. Poo engineers thought it was a good idea not to put rail caps on and the hyfax is ripping off the track clips, and sometimes ripping the hyfax right off.
Another great engineering idea.

Not sure I would call that engineering.. more like cheap bastages.. trying to save a $ on an extremely over priced sled…

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im talk about an automotive drive shaft.(ones built for off road in particular) you said in post #34 that they dont see side loads, well yes they do. The splines do see directional loads, more than the sled will ever see. If its built right it works..

And a sled driveshaft doesnt even move up and down. It just rotates.

Should be easy to make it work. Its made of tinfoil, so maybe it needs to be a bit beefier.

But then again, not many people are having an issue with it. So i guess its a non issue...
I think we are talking two different things here, there’s a twisting load on all driveshafts, not a side load on the tube like there is on the doo drive axle. But yes very few having issues but I’m thinking it’s a matter of time..

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we are talking two different things here, there’s a twisting load on all driveshafts, not a side load on the tube like there is on the doo drive axle. But yes very few having issues but I’m thinking it’s a matter of time..

When you hit a 3ft mogul at 100 mph in a 7000lbs trophy truck do you think it would put some kind of load on the drive shaft at all other than just twisting? The drive shaft cycles up and down with the axle and susupesion. You dont think that would put any kind of load on the splines of the drive shaft other than just twisting? Still talking auto drive shafts here. But no they dont have a track wrapped around them

High angle drive shaft:

Screenshot_20231217_121241_Samsung Internet.jpg

its all been done before, there is 0 reason a 2 piece shaft with splines won't work on a skidoo.
other than being build too light.

Peace,

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you hit a 3ft mogul at 100 mph in a 7000lbs trophy truck do you think it would put some kind of load on the drive shaft at all other than just twisting? The drive shaft cycles up and down with the axle and susupesion. You dont think that would put any kind of load on the splines of the drive shaft other than just twisting? Still talking auto drive shafts here. But no they dont have a track wrapped around them

High angle drive shaft:

View attachment 277132

its all been done before, there is 0 reason a 2 piece shaft with splines won't work on a skidoo.
other than being build too light.

Peace,
Well actually the truck driveshaft slides in/out on splines so only end loaded and typically also carried by a steady bearing, not at all the same.
The sled has an uplift side load on the bottom spline, released and reloaded every time throttle applied and chopped.
Not at all the same dynamics on the spline for wear or magnifying play over time.
But I get how looking through a glass of doolaid makes things look a little murky and misrepresented........

Top Bottom