tki shaft fix for chain or just go full belt drive

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the TKI kit does work at advertised, IF it’s installed on new splines and not wore ones like Tom mentioned in his vid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah i just saw the guys explanation where he said he already had spline damage prior to installing the kit.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
yeah i just saw the guys explanation where he said he already had spline damage prior to installing the kit.
A question here, I go ahead and install the TKI kit and two weeks later my chaincase blows, is there a chance BRP denies warranty because I 'modified it'

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A question here, I go ahead and install the TKI kit and two weeks later my chaincase blows, is there a chance BRP denies warranty because I 'modified it'
always a chance and i'd bet BRP would deny. the part of the kit that goes in the shaft should prolly be removed for a claim.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp will pull the u didnt maintain it or ride it like it was designed for and you will be covering parts had it happen to me a few times sadly warrenty aint like it used to be

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp will pull the u didnt maintain it or ride it like it was designed for and you will be covering parts had it happen to me a few times sadly warrenty aint like it used to be

Ya its hard getting chaincases covered on warranty. Not saying its impossible, but they denied me last time it happened.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The TKI fix will improve your sled and maybe make it last until BRP has a fix, or you can take a chance and if you blow your case, sit out for the rest of the season while you wait for parts. Your call. I have always fixed bad designs at my cost while I wait for a fix or re-design. This is how it is when you get a first year sled design. If you don't like it, buy a proven, but less desirable model.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The TKI fix will improve your sled and maybe make it last until BRP has a fix, or you can take a chance and if you blow your case, sit out for the rest of the season while you wait for parts. Your call. I have always fixed bad designs at my cost while I wait for a fix or re-design. This is how it is when you get a first year sled design. If you don't like it, buy a proven, but less desirable model.

Or you can buy a sled, ride it like a pussy 2 or 3 times. then buy another one.

That way you'll never break anything

Last edited:
Top Bottom