Painting.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey im looking to paint a few things like the coil overs and the a-arms. any suggestions on what type of paint to use? or what do i havew to do to be able to paint them. should they by sand blasted? Thanks

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could save yourself some grief and get them powdercoated.
catmando!

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for sure ...sandblast and prime then paint...but powdercoating is the way. If you blast /prime and paint it'll look good thou and save yourself some $$$$ probrably won't stay on as long thats all....

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya im wanna save a little coin. so ill see how this turns out for sure. not too worries about a arms was mainy asking fir the coils. with all there strees and movment. dont need the paint cracking up.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For guys that have used paint how does it stand up? I guess to mostly movement and brushing up against stuff. I got a bunch of stuff that I wanted powdercoated but the place in town got kicked out of there shop and they have yet to find a new one and they have no idea when they will. So I may end up having to paint my items.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Endura paint is the strongest you will find. its at least half as strong as powder coating. Its an elastomeric, high performance polyurethane coating. laymens terms its plastic and tough as hell!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
powdercoat for the springs all the way. Endura is good stuff but will eventually flake off, get PC'd and never look back

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sandblast then prime, then choose a base, and use a urethane clear. It's tougher than the plastic paint that comes from the factory (On M's anyway). Aluminum oxide will work best to blast it off; however, I used aircraft stripper initially as with the stock plasticised paint the blast media will just bounce unless you're using a whole lot of pressure.

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure that you have good ventilation and use a respirator, Endura is nasty, read the MDS data before you paint. just saying.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...ok so these arent large pasts so what would it cost me to powdercoat em? where in edmonton should i take em?

I think Impact is the best up there, but search powdercoating edmonton on the forum and you will find a bunch of places

Top Bottom