Over reving on the 850T

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo Tamers are just fine. I just know that Joey and Big John have great clutch kits that resolve over revving and lower engagement, help backshift and increase track speed.

i agree the tamers aren't the greatest solution there is better options for sure. The thing i like about the tamers is that its an easy install anyone can do it and your on your way again.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id skip the kit and just get the gear.

Should fit with stock chain, and cost less than 100$.

Probably can find a used gear for 20$
I'm seriously considering gearing up. It seems a little slow to me. Especially on the flats and in the meadows.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering gearing up. It seems a little slow to me. Especially on the flats and in the meadows.

Id give it a try. Makes a huge difference for little $ invested.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree the tamers aren't the greatest solution there is better options for sure. The thing i like about the tamers is that its an easy install anyone can do it and your on your way again.
Exactly!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thats more of a straight helix thing......they certainly hit a wall. Which for technical riding is fine it will never overcome that helix but that sled has the capability to be scary fast in marginal snow and flatter terrain with a different helix

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He has hyvo gearing, and is geared for 70mph.

Where does the overrev occur? First wick at the throttle, or on a deep pull on the middle of a hill?
Lower clicker numbers will show a overshoot of rpm and then it will settle into is rpm.

Brentk

Reaction score
Ya I'm over reving on clicker 1 still. I think ill try making the lower gear 1-2 teeth smaller, load the engine sounds about right. I watched a couple of Tom Walter's videos, he's got lots of info that helps make sense of things.

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As we head down this rathole again….good luck….8500 on the new boost at wot….I see another rat…lol. Enjoy your riding season..

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He has hyvo gearing, and is geared for 70mph.

Where does the overrev occur? First wick at the throttle, or on a deep pull on the middle of a hill?
Lower clicker numbers will show a overshoot of rpm and then it will settle into is rpm.
Mine is 83/8200rpm when loaded up breaking trail coming up out of a drainage. Usually settles down to 8100. I don't like it and I'm sure the 850 doesn't either. Better than the 8600 and rev limiter before the Tamers.

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is 83/8200rpm when loaded up breaking trail coming up out of a drainage. Usually settles down to 8100. I don't like it and I'm sure the 850 doesn't either. Better than the 8600 and rev limiter before the Tamers.
Good day. Hell with it make that turbo work . Put 3 teeth bigger sprocket on track drivers. Is that not what some of the NA had on in past.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As we head down this rathole again….good luck….8500 on the new boost at wot….I see another rat…lol. Enjoy your riding season..
Buddy had his Patriot Boost Pro 163 - 3" out for the first time on Saturday. 8400rpm but seemed to run nice. Fouled the mag side plug at the end of the day loading it up. His Boost worked good... but my TDoo had no problems keeping right up and pulling the same maneuvers. We are the same age and basically the same weight, height and skill level. I never rode it as I could careless... I have my own TDoo. He's coming of an Axys 174 and loves the Boost in comparison.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big improvement with the Tamers over stock though. I'm going to load up the Tamers some more to get through the season then its an Ibexx tune and some help from Joey!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

8600???? That sounds extremely bizarre!!! Now we are getting somewhere.

I’d be taking the clutches apart, and verify what’s in there. That’s the highest revving turbo I’ve heard of yet, are you using max recall to tune your rpm???
81/8300 is a common complaint with the stock clutching.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8600???? That sounds extremely bizarre!!! Now we are getting somewhere.

I’d be taking the clutches apart, and verify what’s in there. That’s the highest revving turbo I’ve heard of yet, are you using max recall to tune your rpm???
81/8300 is a common complaint with the stock clutching.

Ya someone may have grabbed the wrong spring out of the wrong basket on the assembly line!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On mine last year I used a set of 20.5 ramps and screws. That alone was 1.5gr I think and then I threw on a medium size ring to fine tune it. Granted mines a 175, but it sits at 8-8100rpm on clicker 1

I don’t agree with gearing. I know it’s cheap and effective but really you don’t need to gear for 90mph top speed. Some of my best clutching setups were with gearing in the 2.70ratio range on turbos.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On mine last year I used a set of 20.5 ramps and screws. That alone was 1.5gr I think and then I threw on a medium size ring to fine tune it. Granted mines a 175, but it sits at 8-8100rpm on clicker 1

I don’t agree with gearing. I know it’s cheap and effective but really you don’t need to gear for 90mph top speed. Some of my best clutching setups were with gearing in the 2.70ratio range on turbos.
Yes, with the Turbo Tamers… on the 2020.5 they use less weight on the heel and toe of the ramp than the newer models.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I wouldnt say to go up that much. If ur geared for 70mph maybe aim for 75. Or 78ish maybe Only trying to bring the rpm down a bit.
Not saying go crazy and gear it for 100mph.

Or just buy someones kit, what ever works. dont matter to me. Lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom