Over reving on the 850T

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8600???? That sounds extremely bizarre!!! Now we are getting somewhere.

I’d be taking the clutches apart, and verify what’s in there. That’s the highest revving turbo I’ve heard of yet, are you using max recall to tune your rpm???
81/8300 is a common complaint with the stock clutching.

Belt slip can be quite an underestimated ghost when clutching at times…. Just sayin

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda funny observation.
So two of the same 2022 t do on the hill today.

Endless steep climb.

XS-821 7800-7900 rpm with 175lb rider.

Doo factory belt 8200-8300 rpm with 250lbs rider.

Xs-821 seems to be a softer compound and draws her down a bit.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the SLP Magnum weights?
Local guy is strongly recommending them coupled with a primary spring.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic edge has a kit. I really don’t trust clutch “ kits “but if I did it would be his.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've gone through this thread and see no real consensus. Do the majority have no issues with over rev? The snow was too deep last week to see the gauge on the rental.

What is working well for the tree riders? I pick my Summit up tomorrow and want to have something figured out. I have been told Mountain Magic has a good package for the 850T.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've gone through this thread and see no real consensus. Do the majority have no issues with over rev? The snow was too deep last week to see the gauge on the rental.

What is working well for the tree riders? I pick my Summit up tomorrow and want to have something figured out. I have been told Mountain Magic has a good package for the 850T.

Honestly just ride it, if its more than 8100 RPM consistently just get the turbo tamers. But most sleds are perfect out of the box. At least for 2022.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly just ride it, if its more than 8100 RPM consistently just get the turbo tamers. But most sleds are perfect out of the box. At least for 2022.
Perfect is a strong word. I'll hold you to it 🤣. Will see how it works out of the box first for sure.

I think a lot of riders don't pay much attention and just run it. RPM doesn't matter much when you're bashing meadows or pounding beers at the cabin.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perfect is a strong word. I'll hold you to it 🤣. Will see how it works out of the box first for sure.

I think a lot of riders don't pay much attention and just run it. RPM doesn't matter much when you're bashing meadows or pounding beers at the cabin.

haha, i just posted a video of mine and she doesn't budge all day. Not perfect but pretty close LOL

There's 2 issues with the overrev. First, if you look at the dyno sheets for the 850T the power and torque falls off hard after 8100rpm. So your just not doing yourself any favors by running it at higher RPM. Secondly the sled likes to backfire when it over revs and will cause you issues with your reeds.

If it over revs it needs to be addressed.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda funny observation.
So two of the same 2022 t do on the hill today.

Endless steep climb.

XS-821 7800-7900 rpm with 175lb rider.

Doo factory belt 8200-8300 rpm with 250lbs rider.

Xs-821 seems to be a softer compound and draws her down a bit.

I like this idea and gonna try a aftermarket belt.

$150 for a belt with warranty vs $270 and no warranty.

Blown up a lot of skidoo belts but never a aftermarket one.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That’s probably an expensive clutch conversion.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a decent dump of snow here at home, and lots of wind all last night through till lunchtime today. I cut out of work to get out for a ride on the new sled. Not sure if I got a good one or a lemon, but at 540m elevation it was consistently pulling 7900rpm on a WOT pull. Knocked off 9% of break-in on my short 25km rip. Wasn't much other than on or off. Even though I feel like ch!t, came home with a big smile.

Hard to keep the front end down compared to the cats I'm used to. Looking forward to getting out to the hills next week!

I was nipple deep taking this picture in a field.
20220131_165303.jpg
20220131_080953.jpg

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a decent dump of snow here are home, and lots of wind all last night through till lunchtime today. I cut out of work to get out for a ride on the new sled. Not sure if I got a good one or a lemon, but at 540m elevation it was consistently pulling 7900rpm on a WOT pull. Knocked off 9% of break-in on my short 25km rip. Wasn't much other that on or off. Even though I feel like ch!t, came home with a big smile.

Hard to keep the front end down compared to the cats I'm used to. Looking forward to getting out to the hills next week!

I was nipple deep taking this picture in a field.View attachment 251607View attachment 251608
I find they don't start making the high rpm untill you get into the boost at 1100m ish.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find they don't start making the high rpm untill you get into the boost at 1100m ish.
So it's like they actually over compensate at a certain elevation? Will find out in Revy next week I guess.

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading your previous post, You will be good
Meant to say *over* compensate 🤦

Thinking it'll be alright though. Clutching feels decent overall in my opinion. Nice engine braking, quick to rev back up. Hard to test it well in these flatland conditions, but so far it's pretty sweet.

Top Bottom