Over reving on the 850T

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve added 3 grams to each bolt as a temporary quick and the fact that dirty and I already had it.
33mm+2mm —> 38mm+2x2mm

8000 with occasional 8100 on clicker one in 2’ of pow instead of 8100/8200. A lil bit lower engagement too.

Last edited:

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Properly clutched they shine at all altitudes.
Who’s clutching are you running? All I feel like I’m doing at 2000ft is putting needless wear on my 25k turbo! Just can’t seem to load it up good enough at 2000ft with no deep pow.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who’s clutching are you running? All I feel like I’m doing at 2000ft is putting needless wear on my 25k turbo! Just can’t seem to load it up good enough at 2000ft with no deep pow.

Here is a turbo custom built for trail riding with Ibackshift clutching and a 21hp tune
I think he’s around 8-900ft elevation, I cannot recall accurately.
It no longer has a paddle track.

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ibackshift
I was looking at Joe's clutching. How's the engagement vs stock? Big difference overall?

One of the best bang for the buck mods I did on my last sled was clutching. Thinking if I do anything to this sled, it'll probably be clutching.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at Joe's clutching. How's the engagement vs stock? Big difference overall?

One of the best bang for the buck mods I did on my last sled was clutching. Thinking if I do anything to this sled, it'll probably be clutching.

Im using a higher engagement spring, so I’m not using the low engagement spring.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a turbo custom built for trail riding with Ibackshift clutching and a 21hp tune
I think he’s around 8-900ft elevation, I cannot recall accurately.
It no longer has a paddle track.

I definitely would have a tune if most or all of my riding was low elevation!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couple things you need to know about low elevation on these machines.

1. the sled is heavier than its NA counterpart, so at 2000ft i dont beleive the 0.3psi of boost its making overcomes the extra weight. I also don't believe the sled makes 165hp either though so it does still feel faster than a NA machine even at lower elevations.

2. the throttle response is the best in the industry for a turbo 2 stroke. But it is not as good as the NA version. very Close but not quite. which is why some comments say they don't feel very special down low.

3. The sled makes tens of thousands of calculations per second for the Boost/fuel levels it does not calibrate in incremental elevation windows. It does not "come alive" at a certain elevation. Hence why you could do a 2000ft chute climb and the sled stays consistent

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I definitely would have a tune if most or all of my riding was low elevation!

The turbo still make more HP than a NA even at sea level. If a NA sled is flashed it will definitely not make the same HP gain as a flashed turbo.

That tune will be 186hp right to 10000ft.

Last edited:

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The turbo still make more HP than a NA even at sea level.

That tune will be 186hp right to 10000ft.
I know. I'm just not willing to keep my turbo pinned across two or three cleared quarters to prove anything. Seems like my Buddies are though?!

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Might need to do some more rows then ahead of the next trip.
You may want to tighten the limiter strap 1 hole from stock. Even with the adjustable strap on short, they are little light in front end. Found the rear springs cranked to 5, and 1 hole tighter on the limiter, if its an expert rear shock I run it in the middle click which I believe is click 12 from lock. I'm probably 240lbs with all my gear. Give's you a starting point, as everyone riding style is different. And, anyone who has not set up a doo before that is riding a new doo, says they suck out of the box as they wheelie all over and dart on the trail.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couple things you need to know about low elevation on these machines.

1. the sled is heavier than its NA counterpart, so at 2000ft i dont beleive the 0.3psi of boost its making overcomes the extra weight. I also don't believe the sled makes 165hp either though so it does still feel faster than a NA machine even at lower elevations.

2. the throttle response is the best in the industry for a turbo 2 stroke. But it is not as good as the NA version. very Close but not quite. which is why some comments say they don't feel very special down low.

3. The sled makes tens of thousands of calculations per second for the Boost/fuel levels it does not calibrate in incremental elevation windows. It does not "come alive" at a certain elevation. Hence why you could do a 2000ft chute climb and the sled stays consistent
I'll have to get a couple NA 850s out to compare. To me, this sled feels pretty awesome. Maybe that's my head saying " see, that $22k was totally worth it". I have ridden a few 850s, both at home @ 1800ft, and in the hills, and this definitely feels like it has more go. Who knows, maybe it's the turbo
You may want to tighten the limiter strap 1 hole from stock. Even with the adjustable strap on short, they are little light in front end. Found the rear springs cranked to 5, and 1 hole tighter on the limiter, if its an expert rear shock I run it in the middle click which I believe is click 12 from lock. I'm probably 240lbs with all my gear. Give's you a starting point, as everyone riding style is different. And, anyone who has not set up a doo before that is riding a new doo, says they suck out of the box as they wheelie all over and dart on the trail.
Set it to 2/4 on the adjustable strap, and cranked up the torsion spring already. It's controllable on short, but still brings the nose up a lot easier than the Cat. Will ride it a bit and see what I think.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also removed the T motion. This is my 4th G4 and removed it on all 4. It suits my riding style better.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed clutching from a local shop that had been recommended to me by a couple people. It consisted of primary spring, helix, top gear and bolt/weights. I'm rather disappointed.
As set by the shop, I was back to 8300. Added the included extra weight and clicked back down. While it does hold rpm throughout a climb, its inconsistent by about 200 rpm from one pull to the next. In deep pow, jumping back and forth with another stock 2022, you can't feel a difference. Although I did not pay close attention to belt temps before the swap, I don't think there has been an improvement here either. Still needs more engine braking too.
The sled is less buzzy at low speed and is noticeably quicker to shift out on the trail, which I consider an improvement over stock.

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed clutching from a local shop that had been recommended to me by a couple people. It consisted of primary spring, helix, top gear and ramp bolt/weights. I'm rather disappointed.
As set by the shop, I was back to 8300. Added the included extra weight and clicked back down. While it does hold rpm throughout a climb, its inconsistent by about 200 rpm from one pull to the next. In deep pow, jumping back and forth with another stock 2022, you can't feel a difference. Although I did not pay close attention to belt temps before the swap, I don't think there has been an improvement here either. Still needs more engine braking too.
The sled is less buzzy at low speed and is noticeably quicker to shift out on the trail, which I consider an improvement over stock.
Powder Lites?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed clutching from a local shop that had been recommended to me by a couple people. It consisted of primary spring, helix, top gear and bolt/weights. I'm rather disappointed.

You should of just clicked down and not did both.

Top Bottom